The cue you wish you had back

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tears

Money wise my szam that was a gift from gus. It was as fancy as any ive ever seen.last i knew Lucky had it.best playing cue was a cue Bob Runde made for my wife in early 80,s.A friend leaned it against the table while racking slipped and fell on it snapping it at the collar. *********

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Money-I wish I had back an original Palmer cue-I don't know the model but it had a titlist forearm and a clear widow at the butt cap with a foil in the window that was blank.No inlays. In 1980 I paid $65 for it and sold it a year later for the same $65.00

Play cue- Ebony Schon with sharp thin red points-59 inches even-2 shafts with ivory ferrules. I bought it new in about 1984-Runde cue?

alerotaz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My deeds cue...

I used to meet my dad after classes while I was in college. I played pool while my dad played video poker at the local game room. After about a year I guess he saw I got decent enough and got me to shoot in a league with him.
When he died I kept his DH-4. Lost it in a house fire in 2007. I can replace the cue for memories but I will know its not the same cue.
Can't get it back, but I still miss those days we shot together.

I never had a lot of cues before. I own more cues now than when I played. LOL
I had 4. I now own 5! :)

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
Cues I wish I had back?

I've been through quite a few cues in my life and there are a few that I sold or traded that I would love to have back and hang on to. Here's a picture of one of my favorite cues that I sold in a weak moment and what I wouldn't do to have it back. It's a James White cue made back when he was working with Paul Mottey. It had some of the prettiest birdseye maple you'll find in a cue and the rest of it wasn't bad either.

James

DSC01272a.jpg

c and c

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been through quite a few cues in my life and there are a few that I sold or traded that I would love to have back and hang on to. Here's a picture of one of my favorite cues that I sold in a weak moment and what I wouldn't do to have it back. It's a James White cue made back when he was working with Paul Mottey. It had some of the prettiest birdseye maple you'll find in a cue and the rest of it wasn't bad either.

James

DSC01272a.jpg

What an awesome cue James. Mine would be an ebony on ebony McDaniel I smoked everyone in Vegas with back 6 years ago at a National tourney. Stupid of me to sell that cue :frown:

Toncam

Another Bum !
Silver Member
I had a Viking VX-14 that i wish i still had, great looking cue for the money.
Still trying to find another like it.

TRWpool

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Over the years, three cues.
In order of importance, to me.

A four point Tad with a steel joint and lots of mother of pearl which I purchased new in 1969. This cue hit so well I have no idea why I sold it. I must have needed to money really bad. Why else would I sell such a great cue.

A Palmer original, again steel joint. I was new to pool back then and didn't know anything about cue so i don't really know how well it played but I still would like it back.

An lastly, I had a wonderful Scruggs sneaky pete. This cue played as good as any "pete" i've ever hit with so I felt comfortable taking it into places which I wouldn't want to take my high end cue.

I never was a collector of cues back then. I would just play with something and then at some point move on to another cue just like buying and selling cars we use.

I could add one more to the list; I had a Billy Stroud which I used to win Strawberry's 2nd One Pocket Tournament in MD. I'd like that one back for a couple reasons; sentimental reasons for the obvious reason, and the cue just played so very solid. That cue played like it was part of my arm. Thanks Bill.

Tom

Raggedy Andy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Cues I've Gone Through

Anyone that knows me knows how many cues I've gone through. Back in the glory days of Joss East, when Dan Janes still had Tim Skruggs in his shop, I probably bought ten of them. Bought, sold, bought, sold. My focus then turned to Tad......I had three of them. They, fortunately were all sold to close friends in Albuquerque that really wanted them. My heartbreak cues were 3 Szambotis made by Gus. The first one was a four point, four window cue that played better than anything I ever owned. It was stolen out of a car in Albuquerque. Although I had a hunch about who took it, it never surfaced. My second Szamboti was a beautiful four point six window cue with Bushka rings. I was playing in Amarillo once and ran out of $$$. I borrowed some money from a flaky player there named Benny. I came back the next week to get the cue, and found that he had sold it to one of the locals. I was VERY upset, but got over it. My 3rd Szamboti was a replica of the 2nd one, and when I asked Gus to make it he told me it would be the last one. I went to El Paso to visit my parents and needed money to get back home to Albuquerque and borrowed $100.00 from a friend (thought he was) of mine. Told him I would be back in a few days to get the cue. I did not see him for 2 years...........at which time he informed me he sold the cue to Dick Lane......a story which I doubted to be true. This guy's name is John Cordova..........goes by JC. Has a brother named Jerry......from the same DNA.......they suck. Moral of the story is........if you have a cue that is important to you.......take care of it.......never let it out of your sight.

BelleBelle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered a Huebler custom Birdseye the one with a ivory joint and gun sights below the leather wrap. If anyone knows where a cue like this is please let me know.

skierlawyer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tascarella

I sold a Tascarella when I started law school that hit super sweet. I wish I could have it back :(

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
A Schon STL-11. It had very bright colors, and was a great player.
I sold it about eight years ago and wish I had it back.:smile:

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member

James

DSC01272a.jpg

That cue almost looks like the twin to my Mottey:

Attachments

• Mottey full.jpg
    Mottey full.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 471

jgobigred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That low end green stained maple McDermott, I think everyone knows what I'm talking about. Not because of the hit or anything. Because it was the last cue I had before I got obsessed with custom cues and started pissing away money on them!

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Six point

One year someone came up to me from behind and whispered in my ear " how would you like to see the most elegant ebony six point cue?" It was Tony Scianella owner /maker of Black Boar cues.I knew at that point I was going to buy a cue.When I saw it there was no doubt, I was taking that cue home.It was the perfect description of that cue.It had beautiful Ivory ,Silver and Mother of Pearl inlays with a design that I can not describe, but they were as Tony said "elegant"and not overdone.There was never a time when I played with that cue that I did not get comments on what a great looking cue it was.Some years later due to $ , I was forced to sell it.That is the use I wish I had back.

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
I just came across this post...Had forgot i started it over 5 years ago.....
How about some updates??? What cue or cue's do you wish you had back......

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
I just came across this post...Had forgot i started it over 5 years ago.....
How about some updates??? What cue or cue's do you wish you had back......

Bought a Rambow in perfect condition in 74. Kept it for a bit less than 2 years and ended up selling it back to the person I bought it from. Big mistake. Never had a cue before or since that hit balls like that Rambow.

Big mistake...

Last edited:

Klink

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bought a Rambow in perfect condition in 74. Kept it for a bit less than 2 years and ended up selling back to the person I bought it from. Big mistake. Never had a cue before or since that hit balls like that Rambow.

Big mistake...
I only miss one cue. I sold it on here. It was an old Joss sneaky.

I've bought and sold over a hundred cues.

I'd give whatever anyone wanted to buy it back.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two cues:

1. My Paul Mottey. Funniest thing is I do not 100% remember what it looked like, but Id recognize it instantly if I ever saw it. Sold it back to the guy I bought it from after a year for $1.000 profit. Seemed a good idea at the time. It was very fancy, hit great. Hi a red leather wrap/

2. Most of all I miss my Judd. It was a fantastic cue, but it was stolen never to be seen again. It was just a fancy sneaky but it was fantastic.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've owned, bought, sold, traded, lost, or had stolen about 50 cues. There's 1 that I wished I had back and 4 others I miss:
There's also 4 that I have now that are "keepers".
The one I wish I had back-
McDermott D-5, new in '85

Cues I miss:
Jimmy Rempe by Meucci
Andy Gilbert J/B
Josey true sneaky
Schon STL-1

Cues I have and not selling:
McDermott D-1
Rick Howard
Pechauer Pro-H
McDermott E-B5