The effect of Danny Diliberto lessons

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Danny gave some lessons to some people a week ago Sunday and Monday in the Chicago area.

One of the guys, Bob Stark, ran a 55 on me Wednesday and said he was thinking about some of the things Danny told him about how to run a rack.

George Fels had a lesson with him and said some of the things Danny covered went into his thinking as he skewered a fellow league player to take first place in the Red Shoes league.

Finally, I just found out today that Bob Cozzolino won the Drexeline qualifier for the World Straight Pool Championship in New Jersey later this month. He told me after his lesson that he learned a few shots that he was going to use at the qualifier and that Danny had helped his confidence in his game.
 
Now that's real good news. Hope more players can find that kind of help....SPF=randyg
 
All players should take advantage of the awesome opportunity to learn from Danny Diliberto. He is simply an amazing person with more knowledge than most humans on the subject 14.1 - and life. Congratulations to all of the players that are having success as a result of his teachings - hopefully these success stories will grow in number as Danny continues teaching.
 
dmgwalsh/Dennis had a lot to do with all this happening and you never see him taking any credit.

I think he set it all up and made arrangements for Danny to come to Chicago.

Big thanks need to go to Dennis. I don't want to embarrass Dennis but on the other hand he needs to be credited for his work and dedication to straight pool and willingness to put in significant volunteer time to get people lessons from a legend and cool guy.

Kudos Dennis.
 
JimS said:
dmgwalsh/Dennis had a lot to do with all this happening and you never see him taking any credit.

I think he set it all up and made arrangements for Danny to come to Chicago.

Big thanks need to go to Dennis. I don't want to embarrass Dennis but on the other hand he needs to be credited for his work and dedication to straight pool and willingness to put in significant volunteer time to get people lessons from a legend and cool guy.

Kudos Dennis.

I completely agree! Dennis is one of the driving forces behind a lot of the discussion, video documentation, and resurgence of straight pool.

Thanks for all you do, Dennis!
 
randyg said:
Now that's real good news. Hope more players can find that kind of help....SPF=randyg


Randy: I watched your video recently. Very good. I've been trying to get back to fundamentals and delivering a consistent stroke. Learning straight pool patterns doesn't help if I can't consistently deliver a stroke and consistently control the cue ball.
 
JimS said:
dmgwalsh/Dennis had a lot to do with all this happening and you never see him taking any credit.

I think he set it all up and made arrangements for Danny to come to Chicago.

Big thanks need to go to Dennis. I don't want to embarrass Dennis but on the other hand he needs to be credited for his work and dedication to straight pool and willingness to put in significant volunteer time to get people lessons from a legend and cool guy.

Kudos Dennis.

Blackjack said:
I completely agree! Dennis is one of the driving forces behind a lot of the discussion, video documentation, and resurgence of straight pool.

Thanks for all you do, Dennis!

Thanks, guys but you are going to make me blush.:embarrassed2:

Not a pretty sight.:eek:

I just try to help bring people together and help all of us learn better 14.1

By the way, you guys both do plenty.:thumbup:

'Nuff Said.
 
It sounds to me like Danny has made a real impact on the players he's given the lessons to. I think it takes a special talent to teach and it sounds like Danny has that talent.

James
 
Back
Top