The Greatest Greatest

justabrake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Secretariat, Big Red as he was called, while he was good to great in the Derby and the Preakness. But winning the Belmont by 31 lengths will never be touched. Like the announcer said, Secretariat, coming to the end of the backstretch in the Belmont, he's moving like a Tremendous Machine !

Greatest horse forever How anyone could compare him to any other horse would be ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

puma122

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My list is in no particular order, because I cannot put an order to it. Each of these are crazy greats:

Michael Jordan
Wayne Gretsky
Tiger Woods

I think a Joe Montana\Tom Brady comes close, and then there is everyone else that does not touch this list in my opinion...

jb1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can take Tiger Woods off the list. Jack Nicklaus and Bobby Jones were much better golfers.

puma122

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can take Tiger Woods off the list. Jack Nicklaus and Bobby Jones were much better golfers.

Yeah, not sure anyone has been as dominant as Woods was during his run atop the world rankings. It has been a brutal fall from grace, and truth be told, I'd probably go Jordan and Gretsky over Woods if push came to shove...

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wayne Gretzky for me. In seven of his first eight years in the National Hockey League, Gretzky had more points than any player in history before him had in a single season.

Had a bodyguard. Bobby Orr. Completely changed the game,great skater, great shot, great passer and fought his own fights.

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Serena *will* be, but at the moment I think Stephie Graf may still hold that distinction. Tough call. Serena sure is dominant though, that's for sure.

I think Federer is another good choice. I read an interesting fact about him. In his career, Federer *won* 25% of all the tournaments he has entered. That to me is just ridiculous. His whole career!!

KMRUNOUT

Margerat Court

TCo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
America's Cup Sailing for the U.S. had a winning streak from 1851 to 1983. Over that time not only did they win their matches, but lost less than 10 races.

Not really 1 person so...

My nomination: James Cleveland (JC/Jesse) Owens without question was king of the world at a time when someone else wanted to be king of the world.

KMRUNOUT

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Michael Schumacher

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The F1 guy? Hmm...I used to follow F1 back in the days of Alain Prost, the great driver that dies...I'm blanking out on his name, wait ...Aerton Senna!!. And of course the household name Mario Andretti. (I actually don't know...did he do F1?)

I just looked at some stuff on google and I guess indeed Schumacher has the best record, most wins, and they say he utterly dominated the sport in the early part of the dacade (I think they mean the 2000's).

I was looking at the Auto sport list. They put Senna at #1, Schumacher at #2, and Prost at #4.

I looked up Andretti and he isn't even in the ballpark. Not too impressive in F1. I guess he's famous because he is one of the most successful *Americans*, which apparently isn't saying much in the world of F1 lol.

Anyway, good one!!

KMRUNOUT

sonny_burnett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The F1 guy? Hmm...I used to follow F1 back in the days of Alain Prost, the great driver that dies...I'm blanking out on his name, wait ...Aerton Senna!!. And of course the household name Mario Andretti. (I actually don't know...did he do F1?)

I just looked at some stuff on google and I guess indeed Schumacher has the best record, most wins, and they say he utterly dominated the sport in the early part of the dacade (I think they mean the 2000's).

I was looking at the Auto sport list. They put Senna at #1, Schumacher at #2, and Prost at #4.

I looked up Andretti and he isn't even in the ballpark. Not too impressive in F1. I guess he's famous because he is one of the most successful *Americans*, which apparently isn't saying much in the world of F1 lol.

Anyway, good one!!

KMRUNOUT
Autosports are idiots

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12430/10101867/michael-schumachers-best-f1-moment

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
The Ultimate List:

Attachments

• untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 580
  • hqdefault2.jpg
    hqdefault2.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 563
  • untitled3.jpg
    untitled3.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 588
  • 2015-06-16-1434479379-3365706-VaderXD-thumb.jpg
    2015-06-16-1434479379-3365706-VaderXD-thumb.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 583

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Yes but Kirk has the swagger and would go down to the planet and fertilize the Green Girl. I think my list shows my age and will probably get me in trouble post death.

Regards

Nick B

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Had a bodyguard. Bobby Orr. Completely changed the game,great skater, great shot, great passer and fought his own fights.

Gretzky was the reason the enforcer became an NHL position. The only reason he excelled that the level he did was that he didn't have to take the abuse that other players endured in their career. Grimson, McSorley. He had a goon on every team he played on. No one hit Gretz. Ever.

Orr was the greatest player to ever put on skates. He changed the game. Ray Bourque said it was a sad day when he broke Bobby's record as the highest scoring defenseman in the NHL. That's how much the man is respected in the game.

Bobby

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Greg Louganis
Walter Lindrum
Kimura
Allison Fisher
Jahangir Kahn
Don Bradman
Roger Federer

I never followed hockey but everyone I know who does, to a man, says Gretsky, so that's good enough for me.

Last edited: