The HolyGrail of cues?

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would imagine that the cue Willie Mosconi ran 526 balls with would be considered by some to be the "Holy Grail Cue".

I often wonder, when I have opportunities to see the "Old Time Greats" playing... how many cues did they own? and what happened to them? Kinda what got me thinking about this thread! Thanks for posting! :thumbup:

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This cue was built in Berlin Germany before World War 1 it was found in an atic, when the building was being remodeled, to think the cue haswithstood 2 Wars and hasnt ever been restored. There is over 20,000 pieces of inlay in the cue.
Ive never seen any other cue like it, and probley never will again
It was bought off of German Ebay for the sum of about 85 dollars
So I think it was not only a interesting find it is also a very rare find
Enjoy

Hell'ova Cue! Wow! Love the history in cues! Thanks PoolCrazy!

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
What would be the ultimate cue find? :rolleyes:

The ultimate cue would be the cue that you get that makes you never want to put it down. Makes you want to practice those tedious drill shots till your back is sore from setting them up. The cue commands you, wills you, to want to become better.

Thats the ultimate cue find.

When you find that cue, you're search ends and the real journey begins.

JV

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
The ultimate cue would be the cue that you get that makes you never want to put it down. Makes you want to practice those tedious drill shots till your back is sore from setting them up. The cue commands you, wills you, to want to become better.

Thats the ultimate cue find.

When you find that cue, you're search ends and the real journey begins.

JV

This is sage advice, and perhaps one of the best posts in this thread!!! I could not agree more! When you find such a cue, you will know it.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
This is sage advice, and perhaps one of the best posts in this thread!!! I could not agree more! When you find such a cue, you will know it.

Oh for sure. I have found my one cue, the end-all, be-all, lifetime player, never to be sold, to be kept and cherished forever, how many times now ?
15?

I keep on forgetting and selling them by mistake while in a fugue state or something.

Come on guys, its the journey, not the destination. Keep on finding them, keep on selling them, keep on looking.

Kevin

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Oh for sure. I have found my one cue, the end-all, be-all, lifetime player, never to be sold, to be kept and cherished forever, how many times now ?
15?

I keep on forgetting and selling them by mistake while in a fugue state or something.

Come on guys, its the journey, not the destination. Keep on finding them, keep on selling them, keep on looking.

Kevin

I don't know Kevin....I am strictly a player as I can ill-afford to collect...although I did try! I have lamented the loss of a cue or two that just really did it for me...and swore that when I came across another, if I came across another, I would hang on to it for dear life. To that end, I have one now that is every bit as good as I could hope for, and is very very special to me. I'll sleep in my car before I will part with it.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
I don't know Kevin....I am strictly a player as I can ill-afford to collect...although I did try! I have lamented the loss of a cue or two that just really did it for me...and swore that when I came across another, if I came across another, I would hang on to it for dear life. To that end, I have one now that is every bit as good as I could hope for, and is very very special to me. I'll sleep in my car before I will part with it.

I know.

I think it was a job loss that caused you to the ones you did right?

Kevin

PickPocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
15?

Kevin

I do agree.. I have some I KNOW 100% I will never EVER SELL, NO MATTER WHAT!!! (Disclaimer: Unless for some unforeseen Life threatening event takes place :thumbup:) But I'll always keep looking for more, never ending journey!

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Me too either. I'll never ever sell my current temporary lifetime player (OBO).

Kevin

HereWeGo

♬·¯·♩¸¸♪·¯·♫♬·¯·♩
Silver Member
My Holy Grail which I am lucky enough to have now thanks to deanoc.

mmf.jpg

mmb.jpg

XPLAYHARDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mottey

That my friend is a beautiful mottey. I have held this cue and can tell you its sharper in person. How do you like the way that music cue plays???