The 'L' drill in pocket.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
I'm not a 'Traditional' pool player, many of you know my passion for 60 years has been 3 cushion billiards.

But, of all the 'Pocket' billiard games, I enjoy '1 pocket' the most. It encompasses some aspects of 3C into it

Some little nuance safety plays embrace aspects of, straight-rail and balkline. Certain positions for running balls accent shots of, 1 cushion billiards.

The 'L' drill for 1 pocket is one.

BTW, there's a little sneaky 3 cushion position in it.

Here's my attempt at that drill.

I do have to make this disclaimer, it's from about 9 years ago.

Last edited:

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
I'm not a 'Traditional' pool player, many of you know my passion for 60 years has been 3 cushion billiards.

But, of all the 'Pocket' billiard games, I enjoy '1 pocket' the most. It encompasses some aspects of 3C into it

Some little nuance safety plays embrace aspects of, straight-rail and balkline. Certain positions for running balls accent shots of, 1 cushion billiards.

BTW, there's a little sneaky 3 cushion position in it.

The 'L' drill for 1 pocket is one.

Here's my attempt at that drill.

I do have to make this disclaimer, it's from about 9 years ago.

Good shooting, but you were long on some positions. Do the same drill with a shorter bridge at address and you won't roll overly long on soft hits.

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
BA, I'm always looking to learn, even at 78. Can you please post a video of You doing the 'L' drill, so I can get the 'visual' of what you speak.
Thank you for responding. Instead of taking an 11-inch bridge and a 4-inch backstroke, which leads to lunging at the ball, try a five-inch bridge with a full five-inch backstroke, ALL the way back so the ferrule gets to the base of your forefinger and thumb, the webbing of the hand between their bottoms. It will be hard for you to overhit the cue ball using this in the drill, so that the cue ball runs too long.

I can make a video next week at the hall.

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
Thank you for responding. Instead of taking an 11-inch bridge and a 4-inch backstroke, which leads to lunging at the ball, try a five-inch bridge with a full five-inch backstroke, ALL the way back so the ferrule gets to the base of your forefinger and thumb, the webbing of the hand between their bottoms. It will be hard for you to overhit the cue ball using this in the drill, so that the cue ball runs too long.

I can make a video next week at the hall.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
BA. Mr 3c runs the rack and you’re giving him advice. Do you know or ever see him
play 3c. You might be guilty of trying to teach the teacher

Last edited:

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member
BA. Mr 3c runs the rack and you’re giving him advice. Do you know or ever see him
play 3c. You might be guilty or trying to teach the teacher
GC, I think He overlooked my, 'Signature' line of my posts. LOL.

Over 14,468 copies of my Book/DVD's in 19 countries Worldwide.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is mine on a 10 footer. One of my favorite drills.
Nice shooting lenny
but whats your point in posting
how old were you when you did it
bill was almost 70 ( not quite)
i took his post as this drill can help you
and bill likes to show he can do it (waiting for billiardabout video)
it takes a certain level of skill to do it
when you can
you reached that level
something to strive for
and when you get there
GREAT
you were there then

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Nice shooting lenny
but whats your point in posting
how old were you when you did it
bill was almost 70 ( not quite)
i took his post as this drill can help you
and bill likes to show he can do it (waiting for billiardabout video)
it takes a certain level of skill to do it
when you can
you reached that level
something to strive for
and when you get there
GREAT
you were there then
I am hoping to see more people post to show they can do it. Its not as easy as it looks for sure. I always wonder what the skill level is of the players on here. I was 40 here but think if I set it up now that I could do it within 10 tries even though my cues have dust. :)

Reactions: bbb