The Legendary Pearl to Take On 14.1 Attempts

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hall of Fame player Earl "The Pearl" Strickland will participate in The Legends Of Pocket Billiards 14.1 challenge beginning December 28.

Though known primarily as one of the greatest 9 Ball players of all-time, Earl also has a 14.1 high run of 480. We will be announcing a start time when we get closer to the 28th. No doubt his participation in this event will generate some lively discussion. Goferit.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hall of Fame player Earl "The Pearl" Strickland will participate in The Legends Of Pocket Billiards 14.1 challenge beginning December 3.

Though known primarily as one of the greatest 9 Ball players of all-time, Earl also has a 14.1 high run of 408. We will be announcing a start time when we get closer to the 3rd. No doubt his participation in this event will generate some lively discussion. Goferit.

Lou Figueroa
I love Earl, just hope he is on his best behavior

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
looking forward to this, i enjoyed the two previous installments with ruslan and shane. will you mic up the pearl? lol

Taxi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's an Accu-Stats DVD of Earl playing the late Nick Vlahos in straight pool, and after Earl jumped out to a big lead Nick just tortured him, keeping him in jail while chopping off runs of his own to beat him easily.

The best part was in the interview after the match, where Vlahos said that while Earl was a great player and all that, he "just didn't understand the game" of straight pool. After watching the video it'd be hard to argue with that point.

Nick was a stone great matchmaker who kept mostly undercover and died way too young. Most talented all-around player I ever saw come out of the DC area, bar none, although Rags was before my time.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
There's an Accu-Stats DVD of Earl playing the late Nick Vlahos in straight pool, and after Earl jumped out to a big lead Nick just tortured him, keeping him in jail while chopping off runs of his own to beat him easily.

The best part was in the interview after the match, where Vlahos said that while Earl was a great player and all that, he "just didn't understand the game" of straight pool. After watching the video it'd be hard to argue with that point.

Nick was a stone great matchmaker who kept mostly undercover and died way too young. Most talented all-around player I ever saw come out of the DC area, bar none, although Rags was before my time.

There's another accustat s vid that shows johnny ervolino run 80 on him and lose, while Danny d did say that Earl may be able to overpower him before the start, he couldn't wait for an opportunity to say how Earl just didn't know the game. Who's to say you need to know the game when your in rythm and pocketing balls, and have a 400 run under your belt 🤷

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hall of Fame player Earl "The Pearl" Strickland will participate in The Legends Of Pocket Billiards 14.1 challenge beginning December 28.

Though known primarily as one of the greatest 9 Ball players of all-time, Earl also has a 14.1 high run of 408. We will be announcing a start time when we get closer to the 28th. No doubt his participation in this event will generate some lively discussion. Goferit.

Lou Figueroa
408 for earl
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats VERY IMPRESSIVE
look forward to his attempts

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
408 for earl
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thats VERY IMPRESSIVE
look forward to his attempts
Actually Earls high run is 480. He told me he ran 480 when he was 32 years old. Im sure Lou will fix the typo.

• Love
Reactions: bbb

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't care if he cusses out his opponent, he's playing himself :)

Will he complain about his opponent sharking him? 🤣 🤣 🤣

It is possible...for high runs you are your own worst enemy usually!

I have said out loud a few times while shooting in a quiet pool hall: "just shut the f up and concentrate............idiot!" o_O

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's another accustat s vid that shows johnny ervolino run 80 on him and lose, while Danny d did say that Earl may be able to overpower him before the start, he couldn't wait for an opportunity to say how Earl just didn't know the game. Who's to say you need to know the game when your in rythm and pocketing balls, and have a 400 run under your belt 🤷

I am going to correct the original post, but I wanted to mention that I have just been informed that Earl says that while his 408 is a well publicized number, in actuality, when he was 32 he ran a 480.

Lou Figueroa