The Molinari / Predator 3c Cues Have Arrived!

iralee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello 3c players and fans,

Some years ago, I became involved early on with Predator's foray into 3-cushion billiards and worked closely with them on their first carom shaft prototypes. After years of development, through Molinari, they have finally brought a great series of professional 3-cushion cues to market.

I'm especially excited to be able to offer the full line of Molinari (engineered by Predator) 3-cushion cues as their sole US distributor. Some of the US fans have seen this cue in action already; Torbjorn Blomdahl has been enthusiastically shooting with this cue this year - with impressive results. I've spent a lot of time speaking with him about cues and he considers these cues to represent a significant technological advancement for the game.

Earlier attempts at low-deflection carom shafts were inconsistent and weak. At the heart of Predator's offering is a special shaft which has been designed from the ground up especially for 3-cushion carom games - exhibiting extremely low-squirt while retaining every bit of strength and power.

Only days ago, I received an entire set of 8 Molinari models from Europe - and I've taken a bunch of pictures to post up here on AZ first. Please PM me here if you are interested in owning one of these amazing cues.

MolinariSpread1.JPG

P3TBDT_ButtBottom.JPG

P3TBDT_ButtJoint1.JPG

PredCaromFerrule.JPG

PredCaromShaft1.JPG

C4_18_ButtInlays.JPG

C4_19_ButtJoint2.JPG

For more information/specs, images, and to buy online, go check out:

3cushioncues.com or caromtube.com

Cheers,
-Ira

iralee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Prices

Some have asked me about prices. They are all listed on the 3cushioncues.com website.

Here's a summary. There are 3 Molinari carom series cues: Predator Torbjorn Blomdahl WorldCup edition, Predator C4+ Technology, and Predator Full-Splice.

TB WorldCup edition: $1090 (3 colors: Dual-Tone, Blue, Green)
C4+ Technology: $872 - $1570 (3 models)
Full-Splice: $490

Each cue is priced with one (1) shaft. Add $300 for an extra Predator 3c shaft.
Molinari/Predator Cue Extension Kit is $95 (see accessories section of website)

-Ira

sightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful Cues....

Kozoom advertises the shaft 11.8 mm with 70.5 cm in length while T.B. site shows 69 cm. Do they have them in different length?

Do you have to send the cue back to Predators in order to get a ferrel replacement?

Thx

waylander

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice cues... I like the design over most of the predator offerings. Do they use the standard uniloc? I wonder if the 314^2 will fit on those buts.

I used to play carom a lot when I lived in Vancouver, BC but don't know what the difference between the cues are.

iralee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What if I don't like the cue? Do you have a demo model?

Jamie,

If you are in NY, I would gladly let you try mine. Unfortunately, I can't do loaners.
The cues are amazingly consistent from cue to cue and are very solid.

-Ira

iralee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice cues... I like the design over most of the predator offerings. Do they use the standard uniloc? I wonder if the 314^2 will fit on those buts.

I used to play carom a lot when I lived in Vancouver, BC but don't know what the difference between the cues are.

Standard uni lock. Carom shafts are straight taper 11.8 mm at the tip.

iralee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful Cues....

Kozoom advertises the shaft 11.8 mm with 70.5 cm in length while T.B. site shows 69 cm. Do they have them in different length?

Do you have to send the cue back to Predators in order to get a ferrel replacement?

Thx

These shafts are 69.2 cm. (27.25")
Regarding repairs, I suppose Predator has to service unless you know a very good cue repairman. I'll try to get an answer for you.

maldito

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If these shafts are standard uni-loc release joint can they be purchased separately from Predator?

iralee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If these shafts are standard uni-loc release joint can they be purchased separately from Predator?

Yes, these use the standard uni-loc release joint. I suppose you should be able to buy these directly from Predator, although I don't see them on their website or any of their usual retailers.

It's a unique and great playing shaft: extremely solid, yet low-deflection. So far, I have not yet had a good player try one and not like it. I have them in stock and are selling them at MSRP, if you are interested I can send one to you, you can PM me... $299@ plus delivery charges.

-Ira

iralee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes, these use the standard uni-loc release joint. I suppose you should be able to buy these directly from Predator, although I don't see them on their website or any of their usual retailers.

It's a unique and great playing shaft: extremely solid, yet low-deflection. So far, I have not yet had a good player try one and not like it. I have them in stock and are selling them at MSRP, if you are interested I can send one to you, you can PM me... $299@ plus delivery charges.

-Ira