The Mosconi Cup is like ...

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
First - I'm aware of the "apple to oranges" thing, but I was just wondering what others thought (since everyone's been so quiet about it so far /sarcasm).

Is the Mosconi Cup more like the Superbowl? ... or more like the All-Star game?

Personally I see the US Open as the "Superbowl", and the Mosconi Cup as the "All-Star" game - but given the "let's debate this" mode we all seem to be in ....

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First - I'm aware of the "apple to oranges" thing, but I was just wondering what others thought (since everyone's been so quiet about it so far /sarcasm).

Is the Mosconi Cup more like the Superbowl? ... or more like the All-Star game?

Personally I see the US Open as the "Superbowl", and the Mosconi Cup as the "All-Star" game - but given the "let's debate this" mode we all seem to be in ....

It's not like either really. Best comparison is the Ryder Cup, but with a LOT less spectators.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
It’s like Howard Vickery coaching a little league baseball team. He knows he can’t win, knows nothing about baseball....yet, he continues to coach them up and play every year.

easy-e

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yep. I agree.

I believe the OP was asking if the mosconi cup is more serious or more for fun, that’s why he referenced a competition that is serious (Super Bowl ) and one that is more for fun (all star game).

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
I believe the OP was asking if the mosconi cup is more serious or more for fun, that’s why he referenced a competition that is serious (Super Bowl ) and one that is more for fun (all star game).

Thank you! :rolleyes:

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
dump

B'More is correct, but forgot to mention the steam rising from said pile. Add the American player hologram of your own choosing.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
How many folks do you think pay an admission to just watch the US Open? I think more folks are interested in MC. Folks in league are talking about it. I watched every single day. Not so with the US Open. I can wait for the final 10 or so to start watching and won't miss to much ;)

The MC just seem like more fun, more drama, more at stake. They might not be the best team right now, but gosh damn, they're our team ;)

Win, lose or draw, I'll be watching next year. And I really, really hope to be in person this time. Gonna see if the wife wants to go to London for a little get away ;) Oh, look honey, there's a pool tourney going on down the street, maybe I'll go there and play a little why you shop, LOL

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member

The MC just seem like more fun, more drama, more at stake. ...

More at stake? How so? Money? Pride in self? Pride in country - (I can see that one). Not trying to be a smartass ... just wondering. I have no idea about the money involved in either.

"Trophies don't pay the bills" - Pretty Boy Floyd.

LWD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wwf

The Mosconi Cup is the WWF of cue sports. And that ain’t a compliment.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
How many folks do you think pay an admission to just watch the US Open? I think more folks are interested in MC. Folks in league are talking about it. I watched every single day. Not so with the US Open. I can wait for the final 10 or so to start watching and won't miss to much ;)

The MC just seem like more fun, more drama, more at stake. They might not be the best team right now, but gosh damn, they're our team ;)

Win, lose or draw, I'll be watching next year. And I really, really hope to be in person this time. Gonna see if the wife wants to go to London for a little get away ;) Oh, look honey, there's a pool tourney going on down the street, maybe I'll go there and play a little why you shop, LOL

We thought about it too.
After being in Vegas for this one I suggest bringing ear plugs.
With even more European fans it will be very loud.
Especially if the score follows this year's. :angry:

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Mosconi Cup is the WWF of cue sports. And that ain’t a compliment.

But it could be.... :thumbup:

UrNHF3p.gif