The Viper vs. The Texas Tornado - May 7th

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hi All,

Melissa Little just pointed me to a new WPBA News Release w/the facts of this challenge match at the Wynkoop May 7th. Vivian Villarreal will be visiting Denver & Melissa has set up a great live challenge match that will be also be available as a PPV. Here are the details (hope you can read it):

MelissavVivPressRelease.jpg


Not BAD BLOOD, but both ladies are very competitive and hate to lose. It should be a good one. Hope they get a good turnout!

Thanks,

Dave
 
Tornado Twists Up With Viper in Pool Exhibition

Denver, COLO. –Wynkoop Brewing Company in downtown Denver will be hosting a Pool Exhibition on May 7th, 2011 between Vivian “The Texas Tornado” Villarreal and Melissa “The Viper” Little, two of the top Women’s Professional Billiard Association (WPBA) players, in a battle to establish dominance in the tour.

Villarreal, currently ranked 10th on the WPBA Classic Tour, is a former National Champion who has been nominated as WPBA “Player of the Year”, has 18 WPBA titles and has held the number-1 ranking for four years. Little has over 20 top-10 WPBA career finishes, multiple Colorado State Championships and has represented the USA in five World Championships. She is presently ranked 14th on the WPBA Classic Tour.

Spectators can watch the run to 15 games LIVE by purchasing tickets for the event. VIP packages are being sold for $50 each and include a 6 PM “meet & greet”, light snacks, drink token and a great seat for the show. General admission tickets are also being sold for $15. Limited seating is available so purchase your tickets early by calling 720-296-5395.

Little, a native of Colorado has become good friends with Villarreal through their many matches of fierce, yet friendly competition. “It has been several years since The Tornado has been to Colorado and it’s an honor to have her here,” said Little. “This is going to be a fun event and I look forward to playing her on my home court.”

If you are unable to attend the event in person, a LIVE pay-per-view will also be featured. $15 gets a front row seat via the Internet. Log on to www.jbgtv.com to purchase, view and enjoy the show.
 
Here's the start time, sorry it wasn't clear:

LIVE PAY-PER-VIEW

If you are unable to attend the event in person, a LIVE pay-per-view will also be featured. ONLY $15 gets a front row seat via the Internet. Log on to www.jbgtv.com to purchase, view and enjoy the show.

Saturday, May 7th, 2011
Start time: 7:30 PM
LIVE FROM DENVER
 
I really admire The Viper, the way she gives back to charities through pool.

And Vivian is so cool. She's a pistol for sure, always full of personality.

This looks like a great event: two lady pros giving it their all. Love it! :)
 
I like it when Vivian turns her finger around real fast like a tornado after she wins a game. Cute schtick. :thumbup:
 
David Peat is getting so much press these days, my brain read the Thread title as The "Viffer" vs The Texas Tornado. I thought, "Wow, that's different, Vivian vs Viffer.".

Duh...
 
If I lived in Denver, I'd sure be there...sounds like fun! Just passed the info on to a Denver friend...he doesn't play, but I suggested that he & his lady expand their horizons a bit.
 
I really admire The Viper, the way she gives back to charities through pool.

And Vivian is so cool. She's a pistol for sure, always full of personality.

This looks like a great event: two lady pros giving it their all. Love it! :)

Melissa is good people. She asked me to play with her to get her ready for a tournament and it was a very enjoyable experiance.
she does a lot of things to promote pool here in Denver.
And she is not a prima dona .One night I played in a small round robin tournament with only 9 players and she gave her time to run it.
 
David Peat is getting so much press these days, my brain read the Thread title as The "Viffer" vs The Texas Tornado. I thought, "Wow, that's different, Vivian vs Viffer.".

Duh...

That's funny...and totally understandable. Viffer has been in many threads :).
 
If I lived in Denver, I'd sure be there...sounds like fun! Just passed the info on to a Denver friend...he doesn't play, but I suggested that he & his lady expand their horizons a bit.

My wife & I just bought our tickets, we'll see you there. Who are you? You can PM me if you want.

Dave
 
Bumping it up since it's this Saturday. My wife & I will be there w/3 other friends, anyone else? Hope to see you there. Or at least on the PPV :).

Dave
 
So it's a race to 15 which costs $15 to watch on the net?

Yes, that is what it looks like. I am just helping spread the word. For more information I guess you could contact Melissa. Sorry, that's all I know. Added: I confirmed this w/Melissa, yes it is a race to 15. Should be fun.

Dave
 
Last edited:
Go Melissa. Go Vivian. I love reading pool news like this. The two of them have personality plus. This will be a great match! :)
 
Was a great event, Melissa down for most the match. Came back to win 15 - 13.

Thanks for the update. Great win for Melissa in front of the hometown crowd! :)

Bravo to Vivian for just being there and entertaining the masses. :cool:
 
Back
Top