Thick or Thin how do you like your Tip ?

gregthcarpenter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always thought that a new tip was to thick and would have it shaved down a little.
What is your preffernce and why?:thumbup:

Ironman317

Cash Me In....
Silver Member
i prefer mine a little on the thin side. it helps me when spinning the ball and i can jump with better accuracy with my full cue when my tip is a little thinner.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like the tips new and thin.
For myself, I often install the tip, use a utility blade on a lathe holder and then slice off the excess. I leave aout 1/8 inch and then shape it. But my tip is 10.6 mm dia
Neil

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I like to take my tip down nearly 60% when it's first put on - I like it low.

I think tall tips deaden the hit.

billyjack

Registered Loser
Silver Member
IMO it depends on the tip. I've cut down Kamui M, Talisman M and Moori M because they felt to "springy" when new. Wizard M, Sumo, SuperPro, Moori Q, Talisman H all felt fine at full height. No rule here, it's all personal preference. Start with it full height, as you can always cut it down.

Bill

TheBook

Ret Professional Goof Off
Silver Member
I like them to be thick. I usually have ivory ferrules and was told that if the tip get too thin the ferrule can get damaged. So I got use to the thick.

dabarbr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to like them thin but with the price of tips today I need to get a lot of milage out of them so these days its thick. You get used to what ever you have.