Things That Make You Go Hmm !

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Five players banned from World Snooker Tour over match-fixing allegations​

Story by Phil Haigh • 3h ago :

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...sedgntp&cvid=084204a034444e8fb89f74e7cc496ce7

Quote .
"Five players have been banned from the World Snooker Tour due to ‘allegations of manipulating the outcome of matches for betting purposes’ with Lu Ning, Li Hang, Zhao Jianbo, Bai Langning and Chang Bingyu all suspended.
These bans have come about after Liang Wenbo’s suspension from the tour in October and the investigation which arose, meaning six players in total are now barred from playing.

A WPBSA statement read: ‘WPBSA Chairman Jason Ferguson has taken the decision to suspend Lu Ning, Li Hang, Zhao Jianbo, Bai Langning and Chang Bingyu from attending or competing on the World Snooker Tour with immediate effect.

‘This follows the suspension of Liang Wenbo on 27 October 2022 and a subsequent investigation which remains ongoing into allegations of manipulating the outcome of matches for betting purposes in breach of the WPBSA Conduct Regulations.

‘The suspensions of all six players will remain in place until the conclusion of the investigation or any subsequent charges that may or may not be brought. These players have the right to appeal this decision.

‘The investigation remains ongoing, and no further comment will be made until the investigation is complete.’
Lu Ning is the highest ranked of the players to be banned at number 42 in the world, Liang Wenbo, who was already suspended, is #52, with Li Hang #62.

Chang Bingyu, who is just 20, is at number 77 in the rankings, with Bai Langning down at 126 and Zhao Jianbo not currently on the professional tour.

On 27 October it was confirmed that Liang had been suspended, but it was not announced that it was over match-fixing.

A WPBSA statement at the time read: ‘The WPBSA has today suspended Liang Wenbo from attending or competing in WPBSA sanctioned events.

‘This is due to an ongoing investigation into allegations of misconduct. The suspension will remain in place until the conclusion of the investigation or the outcome of disciplinary proceedings.

‘The WPBSA will not comment further until the investigation is complete.’

Attachments

• 1670609698538.png
    1670609698538.png
    68 bytes · Views: 60

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Suspended snooker star accuses Liang Wenbo of orchestrating match fixing :​

https://www.sportinglife.com/snooke...ng-wenbo-of-orchestrating-match-fixing/205893

Chang Bingyu claims Liang Wenbo threatened him :​

Tweet​

See new Tweets

Conversation​

Margie 🎄

@marjayhan

Chang Binyu’s Weibo status update. Double Click images for full view as some may be hidden due to length of the announcement. #snooker #ilovesnooker #LiangWenbo #ChangBingyu

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

WPBSA STATEMENT | 9 DECEMBER 2022​

9th December 2022 :
https://wpbsa.com/wpbsa-statement-9...FTprru4A6M2BzVHFy1X3LWv6gvQUrCPlRx2on5ahXvbqo :

WPBSA Chairman Jason Ferguson has taken the decision to suspend Lu Ning, Li Hang, Zhao Jianbo, Bai Langning and Chang Bingyu from attending or competing on the World Snooker Tour with immediate effect.

This follows the suspension of Liang Wenbo on 27 October 2022 and a subsequent investigation which remains ongoing into allegations of manipulating the outcome of matches for betting purposes in breach of the WPBSA Conduct Regulations.

The suspensions of all six players will remain in place until the conclusion of the investigation or any subsequent charges that may or may not be brought. These players have the right to appeal this decision.

The investigation remains ongoing, and no further comment will be made until the investigation is complete.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not often Yours truely gets left speechless without comment so I will leave it up to the comment section :

WPBSA STATEMENT – DECEMBER 12TH, 2022 :​

https://wst.tv/wpbsa-statement-dece...CeqUKPQhtu_CsrAeirjYYRoSseg_5256sg00nOSoLBO0c

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=714957379985586&set=a.302953131186015 :

Monday 12 Dec 2022 11:43AM
WPBSA Chairman Jason Ferguson has taken the decision to suspend Yan Bingtao from attending or competing on the World Snooker Tour with immediate effect.
This decision is part of an ongoing investigation into allegations of manipulating the outcome of matches for betting purposes in breach of the WPBSA Conduct Regulations.
The suspension will remain in place until the conclusion of the investigation or any subsequent charges that may or may not be brought. Yan Bingtao has the right to appeal this decision.
No further comment will be made except in the event of any significant further developments.

Comments :

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

FORMER MASTERS CHAMPION YAN BINGTAO SUSPENDED FROM SNOOKER AS PART OF MATCH-FIXING INVESTIGATION, WORLD SNOOKER TOUR SAY​

World no. 16 Yan Bingtao has been suspended from attending or competing on the World Snooker Tour with immediate effect, the World Snooker Tour has announced. In a statement, WST added: “This decision is part of an ongoing investigation into allegations of manipulating the outcome of matches for betting purposes in breach of the WPBSA Conduct Regulations." :​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yan Bingtao: Former Masters champion suspended by World Snooker amid match-fixing investigation​

Yan Bingtao, who won The Masters in 2021, becomes sixth Chinese player suspended by World Snooker this week amid ongoing match-fixing investigation; 22-year-old was due to play at English Open this week but has been withdrawn​

Last Updated: 12/12/22 1:21pm :

https://www.skysports.com/snooker/n...world-snooker-amid-match-fixing-investigation :

Former Masters champion Yan Bingtao has been suspended from the World Snooker Tour amid an ongoing investigation into match-fixing.

World No 16 Bingato, who won the Masters at Alexandra Palace in January 2021, is the sixth Chinese player suspended in the past two weeks as the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association (WPBSA) continues to probe allegations.

Lu Ning, Li Hang, Zhao Jianbo, Bai Langning and Chang Bingyu were banned last week. The WPBSA said they could appeal that decision and the same now applies to Bingtao.

A statement on Monday read: "WPBSA chairman Jason Ferguson has taken the decision to suspend Yan Bingtao from attending or competing on the World Snooker Tour with immediate effect.

"This decision is part of an ongoing investigation into allegations of manipulating the outcome of matches for betting purposes in breach of the WPBSA conduct regulations.

"The suspension will remain in place until the conclusion of the investigation or any subsequent charges that may or may not be brought. Yan Bingtao has the right to appeal this decision."

Bingtao had been due to play in the English Open this week but first-round opponent Ashley Hugill was awarded a walkover.

When it makes Skynews you know it's got to be big time news

I am shocked .

Yan Bingtao had all the ingredients to make a future World Champion , maybe it was something in the vacks that made the Chinese players do it , I dunno but here's Dr John Campbell :

Chinese vaccine comparisons :​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Shaun Murphy and Jimmy White react as snooker in shock over latest match-fixing suspension​

Jimmy White and Shaun Murphy have reacted after Yan Bingtao became the seventh pro snooker player to be suspended during an ongoing match-fixing investigation :

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/other-sports/snooker/jimmy-white-snooker-yan-bingtao-28714005

News Update.....

Match fixing allegations narrowed down to an unofficial Bookies shop somewhere near a Wuhan dirty food market .

Yuk !:mad::devilish::(;)(y)

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snooker Loopy
The Trials and Tribulations of the Baize

Caught in a Fix​

By Elliott West :

https://greenbaize1972.com/caught-i...RaTdBkEnANTOOaUw3ojW9cnloHocei_0jj85aNlWvjmaM :

“A really bad day for snooker”.
Jimmy White

Introduction

Snooker has been cast under a dark shadow with the revelations that possibly seven snooker players have allegedly been embroiled in match-fixing. Liang Wenbo was the first to be suspended by the WPBSA in October, followed by Lu Ning, Li Hang, Zhao Jianbo, Bai Langning and Chang Bingyu and the latest being former Masters champion and ranked number 16 player, Yan Bingtao. Bingtao who was supposed to play at this week’s English Open at the Brentford Centre in Essex was interviewed when he arrived for the event and was quickly suspended after undisclosed evidence came to light. All seven players have also been suspended from the CBSA in China as well.

Yan Bingtao is the most shocking of the suspects, simply because he is so highly regarded by his fellow players. Praised for his dedication and work ethic to snooker, Yan has set up a home in Sheffield and joins a number of Chinese players who have followed in the footsteps of Ding Junhui to make England their second home. All credit to Yan, like Ding, who couldn’t speak English when they first started playing on the tour but are now able to converse freely in English.

Outside Forces

I have to agree with Judd Trump that some of the blame must lie with the people that are looking after these Chinese players when they spend most of their day in the various Sheffield snooker academies. They are vulnerable and isolated, they don’t know anyone and are millions of miles from home. Therefore they are easy prey for these predominantly Asian gambling gangs who will frankly do anything to make money. These gangs can be intimidating and violent and will do what they need to, to get their way.

That is no excuse for anyone getting involved in these crimes but it is a factor and should be remembered when an investigation takes place. I can list a number of players who have brought snooker into disrepute in the past with punishment ranging from lifetime bans to heavy penalties in the form of fines and temporary bans. We all know who these players are so I won’t trawl over old ground. The fact is they have been punished and some will always quibble over whether the action imposed was correct or harsh enough.

The Investigation

No one actually knows what the current allegations are and so it would be wrong to comment on any of the rumours flying around. I personally believe that any person is innocent until proven guilty. All we know is that there is something there for this investigation to take place in the first place and for seven snooker players to be suspended pending an inquiry. I commend Jason Ferguson and his team for nipping this in the bud early and bringing it to light in the public domain. You could see in his Eurosport interview at the start of the English Open that he was determined to put this matter to bed and I know that the WPBSA would have left no stone unturned whilst carrying out this investigation.

“Any player who thinks they can get away with it [match-fixing] is completely foolish”.
Jason Ferguson
This enquiry is ongoing and I am sure that a full report will come out in the new year. Anyone who falls foul and has been seen to breach any of the rules of conduct will be appropriately punished and a definite warning signal sent to anyone who is thinking of doing anything similar in the future. I would also cite the good track record that the disciplinary board has had in the last decade. There is no place for these malpractices in snooker or any sport; they are abhorrent and cast a dark cloud on the sport. Stamp it out and let’s move because snooker is in a good place and nothing will rock this steady ship that becomes more global year by year.

IMG_31887172.jpg
Photograph courtesy of Eurosport.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I recall watching a match between two Chinese players and thinking to myself that something wasn't right. It didn't look like they were trying.

They should have come to the US to learn the finer points of "lemonading". It is an honored artform here.:devilish:💰💰💰

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recall watching a match between two Chinese players and thinking to myself that something wasn't right. It didn't look like they were trying.

They should have come to the US to learn the finer points of "lemonading". It is an honored artform here.:devilish:💰💰💰

Hi Bob !

Good to hear from you again ! I think I know the match your talking about and sitting back watching it at the time thinking this match is either a rigged result or they aren't trying to win for some reason :

Controversial Ending Followed by a Snooker Incident | 2022 Championship League :​

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

World Championship 2023​

• Saturday 15th April 2023 00:00
  • World Championship
  • BBC Two
Skybet Markets : https://m.skybet.com/snooker/world-championship/event/29504239 :

Here's the Top 10 list.....

World Championship 2023​

• Saturday 15th April 2023 00:00
  • World Championship
  • BBC Two
Bets placed in accordance with our Market Rules
  • Price Boosts1 BOOST

LatestBoost
    Ronnie O'Sullivan To Win World Championship 20234/15/1
  • Tournament Outright Winner​

• Others on request
    • Each way terms: 1/2 for first 2 places
    Ronnie O'Sullivan4/1
    Judd Trump9/2
    Neil Robertson5/1
    Mark Selby7/1
    John Higgins10/1
    Mark Allen12/1
    Kyren Wilson16/1
    Zhao Xintong16/1
    Mark Williams20/1
    Ding Junhui22/1

Yan Bingtao has vanished or should I say banished from the top 10 list .

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SNOOKER

WHEN SNOOKER GOES WRONG 2022: ALARM BELLS, BALLS OFF THE TABLE, REFEREE TROUBLES AND MORE​

Ronnie O’Sullivan, Judd Trump, referee troubles and more all feature in the funnier side of snooker in 2022 including alarm bells, flying balls and some incredible moments. Stream top snooker action including the 2023 Masters live on discovery+ and on eurosport.co.uk. :

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/snooker...eree-troubles-and-more_vid1795543/video.shtml

BEST SNOOKER FLUKES OF 2022 STARRING HOSSEIN VAFAEI, NEIL ROBERTSON, DING JUNHUI, STEPHEN MAGUIRE AND KYREN WILSON :​

Happy New Year 2023 folks ! ;):cool::love:(y)

Last edited:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Snooker chief gives match-fixing investigation update as he speaks out on lifetime bans​

Snooker has been thrown into chaos amid an unprecedented match-fixing investigation and WPBSA chairman Jason Ferguson has now delivered an update on the probe :