This is how a cue should be bought and sold - My custom spectacular Fanelli Butterfly

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
As many of you may or may not realize, I don't post here anymore - however upon getting word today from Bobby & Will that Paul Fanelli passed away - I thought I would come out of 'retirement' for 30 seconds and resurrect this thread to give tribute to a great man. Hopefully someone who hasn't read it before will do so and understand what the pool world just lost.

I never met Paul Fanelli but had multiple phone & email conversations with him. He was a straight up businessman and gentleman, soft spoken while being firm and courteous in his dealings with me and his ideas for the cue - that is a tough combination to find in the pool world of today. He will be missed by me, and I barely knew the man, and I now realize even more that it is an honor to have one of his cues (and I'll be selfish in saying one of his greatest cues ever made).

Hopefully someday JCIN will change the spelling on this great poster he made for me. :)

3829706807_d9038fc04f_o.jpg

woody22

Hi dear Paul Fanelli lovers,
How can I see the pics?
Please help me out coz the story drive's me to the edge while not being able to witness what they are fine tuning about.
It's truly wonderfull to hear the magnificient mind speak from Paul.
A serious admirer of his work and a cuebuilder to become,
Kind regards,
Niels (woody22) from the Netherlands.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Hi dear Paul Fanelli lovers,
How can I see the pics?
Please help me out coz the story drive's me to the edge while not being able to witness what they are fine tuning about.
It's truly wonderfull to hear the magnificient mind speak from Paul.
A serious admirer of his work and a cuebuilder to become,
Kind regards,
Niels (woody22) from the Netherlands.

Lets see if a reposting works

90BFE052-2F3C-41D4-9BEC-486E0E0C90C5.jpeg

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Lets see if a reposting works

View attachment 526911

I think the question on the pics was to the original posts I made in this thread. Along with Paul’s emails, I had pics of each stage of the build of the cue he made for me. Unfortunately they all got lost on a computer crash I had and I used some online hosting program to post the pics here at the time and those pics are gone as well.

......but I still have the cue. 😀

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I think the question on the pics was to the original posts I made in this thread. Along with Paul’s emails, I had pics of each stage of the build of the cue he made for me. Unfortunately they all got lost on a computer crash I had and I used some online hosting program to post the pics here at the time and those pics are gone as well.

......but I still have the cue. 😀

....with the coolest set of joint protectors in the galaxy.

Yeah....I saw the early blank page after

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Paul is greatly missed. I have worked with a lot of cuemakers, and Paul is in the top 3. I did 4 or 5 projects with him of my own design, and the rest I just purchased whatever he said was available. He was by far one of the fairest and easiest guys to work with. We had our "agreement" and our mutual respect governed the agreement. Sometimes he made the cue more that it was supposed to be and charged me less, and sometimes I gave him more of the earned money, just because. I have been nickeled and dimed for things that were supposed to be in agreed upon cues from other cuemakers. You never had that problem with Paul, ever.

I think if he were alive today he would love seeing all these new guys going butterfly splicing.

For Woody, I will attach a few pics of Pauls cues....

Joe

Attachments

• DSC03297.jpg
    DSC03297.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 231
  • group_1_fore_hi.jpg
    group_1_fore_hi.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 247
  • group_1_butt_hi.jpg
    group_1_butt_hi.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 235

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
^^^
those are nice

watchez, those joint protectors are dang cool, too.
sorry to hear mr. fanelli has passed, but with so many neat cues and fans out there,
his legacy lives on...

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
^^^
those are nice

watchez, those joint protectors are dang cool, too.
sorry to hear mr. fanelli has passed, but with so many neat cues and fans out there,
his legacy lives on...

Thanks ....

I do have the hand written letter he sent me when he shipped the cue. I wish I would have met him.