This is how a cue should be bought and sold - My custom spectacular Fanelli Butterfly

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
WOW

It's almost like I would want a cue build myself!

A real beauty, and it looks like the cuemaker was a PLEASURE to work with. Well done. If i ever get a cue built to me I will definitely consider him!

Next time I meet you I hope you bring the cue so I can take a closer look at it

Tank138

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great Post

Great Post Steve.The cue looks incredible .
Hopefully other cue makers can learn good customer service skills from this.
There is nothing more aggravating than a cue maker that makes broken promises & never keeps their stated or close to stated delivery time.
Tank

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
JimS - Be sure to come and introduce yourself in Des Moines. If you let me buy you a beer then I will even let you hit a few balls with this cue.

I haven't had a beer since 11/29/81 but playing with your cue might get me started again :groucho: (I'll let you buy me a Pepsi :) )

I think I'l know you from your picture. What time Friday do you expect to make it up there?

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Well this cue came out fantastic... you know how many computers Paul used to make this cue????

JV

deadstroke7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't even come up with words - That cue is something CRAZY SICK.

I hope it garners all the accolaids that it deserves.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
I haven't had a beer since 11/29/81 but playing with your cue might get me started again :groucho: (I'll let you buy me a Pepsi :) )

I think I'l know you from your picture. What time Friday do you expect to make it up there?

Jim - Sorry I somehow missed you. I didn't get up there Friday til the first day was over but was there the rest of the weekend. Maybe next time.

HollyWood

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just share 1 more thing with me!! $$$$$$$$$$$$ how much!

Definitely a looker,and It will play beyond our capabilitys- You should have him make about 4 shafts- 2 ivory-with his tapers, something for 8 ball,and 9-10 ball. You definitely got customer service to the Max. thanks for sharing, mark- just pm me the price- and I love those jp's

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Definitely a looker,and It will play beyond our capabilitys- You should have him make about 4 shafts- 2 ivory-with his tapers, something for 8 ball,and 9-10 ball. You definitely got customer service to the Max. thanks for sharing, mark- just pm me the price- and I love those jp's

If you won't be offended for me not telling you the price than I won't be offended for you asking. (thanks wp)

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
Jim - Sorry I somehow missed you. I didn't get up there Friday til the first day was over but was there the rest of the weekend. Maybe next time.

Hey,

Also sorry we didn't get a chance to meet. It'll happen sometime down the road.

See ya, Jim

emf123

Up the Irons!!!
Silver Member
Steve,

Damn right that's the way a cue should be built :thumbup:

I am the proud owner of the cue that is pictured after your Feb 2nd message, the one with the micarta ferrules. I refer to it as "The Greatest Cue EVER"

Good luck trying to take pictures of it, I gave up. It's too hard, there's too much detail that gets washed out. What I want to do is to scan it, like they do at New2You Qs, and have a co-worker photoshop it back together.

Paul is the man, just don't be in a hurry to get something from him!!!

Eric

dirtypool40

I love this freakin' game
Silver Member
Paul far exceeded my expectations with both the cue and his customer service that he provided. He listened to my wants, told me his opinions as a cuemaker, and kept me regularly updated with emails and pics along the way. Paul initiated most of this email correspondence along the way. He is a very intelligent man and gives careful explanation of his thoughts.

BRAVO Sir!!! BRAVO!!!!

Many will take the time to gripe, complain and grandstand publicly when they are 1% unsatisfied, but damned few will make the kind of effort you have in making people know you are thrilled.

I don't care if you paid $5k for that cue, Paul knows he got 10x that in good p.r.

That is the way it ought to be:

Don't gripe unless you're going to let them fix it - Whine about your steak being over done, then get pissed they have to cook you another one? If you're just a busted mooch who wants something for free, have the balls to just ask for it.

When you're unhappy, tell the business, when you're thrilled tell EVERYONE!!! :thumbup:

Too many have that last one backwards.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

abbassi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice cue Watchez. Paul is a wonderful person, intelligent, caring and unique. Everyone i know, who has dealt with Paul, has only good things to say.
Congrats to both of you.

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
Great post, even better cue, and the joint protectors are sick!!! Shouldn't Chris have a "Butterfly" cue?!?!?!?

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
That cue is absolutely sick! Nice combo of woods, it really looks exotic.

If you ever wind up at Fanelli's shop, lemme know when you're coming to town.

Eric

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the writeup... Kudos to both you and Fanelli in your deal.

I really like snakewood and butterfly cues and yours is awesome.
The bullets of snakewood really stand out.

I hope one day to see it in person as I bet it relly shows well.

thanks again

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Tap tap to the way this went down...maybe paul should write a book. How to handle buisness in the cue making industry. It's great to see someone work so hand in hand with the buyer. That shows much respect, and honestly it just bumped him up my list very high as to whom I would do business with and in what order. We need more people doing business like that.

Best WIshes,
G.G.

mrmagoo42

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing. Watching the process of material selection to finished cue was very interesting. But the craftsmanship & artwork is outstanding!