This spot shot bullshit has got to stop

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
“We need a pro tour!” - Pool fans for the last two decades

*Predator and CSI literally create a tour*

“Oh I hate the format. I’m not watching this,”

It’s like wanting to win the lottery, winning the lottery and saying you don’t want to pay the taxes.
I think more people like it, or are neutral to the format then there are haters of the format. It's just the haters are the most vocal. But just being loud doesn't mean you are In the majority.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
“We need a pro tour!” - Pool fans for the last two decades

*Predator and CSI literally create a tour*

“Oh I hate the format. I’m not watching this,”

It’s like wanting to win the lottery, winning the lottery and saying you don’t want to pay the taxes.
That's a bad analogy.

If you are going to use the lottery as analogy it's more like playing the powerball wanting to hit 500 million, but instead you won the small $2dollar prize instead. You'll take it, but it's not even close to what you wanted.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a bad analogy.

If you are going to use the lottery as analogy it's more like playing the powerball wanting to hit 500 million, but instead you won the small $2dollar prize instead. You'll take it, but it's not even close to what you wanted.
2 bucks is two bucks.
His analogy was better then yours....

If you hit 500 million, pay 50% in taxes, I wouldn't bitch about taking home 250 million!

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The field goal sucks!!!!

I won't watch the NFL anymore because sometimes the game is decided by a clutch field goal! Play play 59 minutes and 55 seconds and it comes down to a little guy kicking a field goal? F that!!

VVP

Registered
The field goal sucks!!!!

I won't watch the NFL anymore because sometimes the game is decided by a clutch field goal! Play play 59 minutes and 55 seconds and it comes down to a little guy kicking a field goal? F that!!
Yeah, same thing with those f-ing penalty kicks in soccer to break a tie.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now we need the people at FS1 who do the Pro bowling telecasts to get together with CSI and use their short format TV friendly model and put it on TV.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
How many shots did they end up shooting??

In soccer matches the best part is always the shootouts if they happen.

27 in total
After the match, Atencio, Oi and the referee all shook hands. They all knew it was a special moment.

Attachments

• oi-atencio.PNG
    oi-atencio.PNG
    4.3 KB · Views: 58

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I was there. For the most part, maybe a dozen or two dozen people would be watching a match at any given time. Kinda sad with the quality of some of the matches. However, when a match went to a shootout, the place came alive and people started to watch from everywhere. Love it or hate it, the shootouts were very popular with the people in attendance. It drew the most eyes and produced the loudest applause
I was there too. I agree with CSI "The moment was captured by hundreds of BCA Pool League & USA Pool League players wielding cell phones."

When the pros were horsing around after hours, Atencio was man of the hour.

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
2 bucks is two bucks.
His analogy was better then yours....

If you hit 500 million, pay 50% in taxes, I wouldn't bitch about taking home 250 million!
No it's not.

His analogy is a win win. This "tour" isn't. Sure I'm watching it... but that's because Price is Right isnt on right now and my root canal isn't scheduled until next week.

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
Trust me on this one..... this tour and the rest of us will move on happily with or without you.
Trust me on this one. I don't give a shit about you or 90 percent of the pool world. I know I'm insignificant when it comes to pool and I prefer it that way. I don't want to throw my life away trying to "make pool better" nor do I have the pipe dream of pool being as big as golf or something else mainstream. Many have tried polishing that turd, just to end up with shit on their hands.

Enjoy barely treading water with or without me.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trust me on this one. I don't give a shit about you or 90 percent of the pool world. I know I'm insignificant when it comes to pool and I prefer it that way. I don't want to throw my life away trying to "make pool better" nor do I have the pipe dream of pool being as big as golf or something else mainstream. Many have tried polishing that turd, just to end up with shit on their hands.

Enjoy barely treading water with or without me.
I will, and I'll do just fine. A word of advice ...Stop playing with your ass and you wont get shit on your hands.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
$25k for first place! Not too shabby. That shoot out last night with Oi and Atencio was great. Jesus and Nick DeLeon are buddies. Nick yelled out "Mac and cheese!" every time Jesus made his shot (no clue why). Next time Oi made is shot he yelled out "Mac and Cheeeeeeeese!" He was so excited. Dude might be my favorite player.
Proof positive the players will play ANY format if someone puts up the money to make it worth their while. I don't hate the spot shot conclusion to so many of these matches, as much as I think the format could be better, especially when you have championship level players competing. In the old Challenge of Champions put on by Matt Braun, we would play two Races to Five and if they tied one race each, they would play a one game shootout for the match. This happened frequently and it was also very exciting, and it was one full game of 9-Ball and not solely spot shots that decided the match. I guess it's six of one and a half dozen of the other.

Perhaps CSI could tweak that format a little to make it more interesting, maybe even five different shots with a varying degree of difficulty. How about a spot shot, a break shot (most balls made), the long diagonal shot from one corner pocket to the far corner pocket with the object ball in the middle, a bank shot cross side and a long rail bank shot. Maybe even add a combination to the mix. Now you have five (or six) shots that feature different skills on the pool table. I would watch that for sure!