Three 3 Best Cue Makers in the World

shooter_Hans

I won't say the best because honestly I really don't know but has anyone ever heard of Eddie O'Bryant of Studiotronics? I came across his youtube channel one day and thought his details were pretty darn crazy. But what do i know lol? I'm just a regular type dude over here.

He will eventually be the best and self taught.

He is a pool cue influencer. He's already getting tons of views and showing people the trade.

Hopefully this breeds more creative cue makers.

bambi47william

Registered
Searing

Tascarella

Black Boar

Agree / Disagree
Let me know what you think or your opinion.
These 3 mentioned are the Best, there are none better.

Please , no dead guys.

Searing

Tascarella

Black Boar

Agree / Disagree
Let me know what you think or your opinion.
These 3 mentioned are the Best, there are none better.

Please , no dead guys.
There is no doubt in my mind Searing cues could be some where on top of the list BUT!! He should spend more time in the shop than on the golf course and have the decency to comunicate with his customers. Same goes for Shoman and Szamboti they just don't make enough cues. So for that reason my list would be Tascarella, Hersek, and Black Boar.

shooter_Hans

There is no doubt in my mind Searing cues could be some where on top of the list BUT!! He should spend more time in the shop than on the golf course and have the decency to comunicate with his customers. Same goes for Shoman and Szamboti they just don't make enough cues. So for that reason my list would be Tascarella, Hersek, and Black Boar.
Blackboard doesn't make much either. Don't know how many Hercek makes but Tasc is up there. They regularly make cues and answer emails and phone calls.

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I won't say the best because honestly I really don't know but has anyone ever heard of Eddie O'Bryant of Studiotronics? I came across his youtube channel one day and thought his details were pretty darn crazy. But what do i know lol? I'm just a regular type dude over here.

I've seen his channel as well, and if I had some extra change, I would definitely order a custom cue from him.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There’s only two categories…investment and playability. Some fall into both but how many top tier players are playing with high end cues. It’s all personal preference, it’s like saying which is better a steel joint or wood to wood…or the famous ivory sleeve over steel 🤣

This has been debated many years over but it’s an interesting topic…you just have to define what makes one cue or one cue maker better than another.
I don't think we can only have two categories of investment and playability. Cleanness of work and Intricacy of design also need added.
I put Danny Tibbits and Dennis Searing near the top spot for cleanness of work. For Investment: who knows because what is hot today may drop in value over the months and years to come. That is like playing the stock market. For Intricacy of design Thomas Wayne, the Drexlers, Black Boar, Tonkin, Pechauer, Jacoby, Manzino and so on. For Playability that is all in the hand of the player. What feels good to me may not feel good to the next guy. There is whole field that has pretty much been abandonded and that is intricacy of design that inlays were not cut with CNC. Danny Tibbits early work with his Vase and Ivory Columns would make him a contender in that category. Bill Schick would probably get my vote as one of the top non CNC inlay artists if we were bringing in deceased makers, especially since he never went the CNC route. The Schragers also pulled off some pretty fancy work with a Pantograph. David Kersenbrock is a master with the Pantograph and may be the best living non CNC intricacy of design cuemaker.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think we can only have two categories of investment and playability. Cleanness of work and Intricacy of design also need added.
I put Danny Tibbits and Dennis Searing near the top spot for cleanness of work. For Investment: who knows because what is hot today may drop in value over the months and years to come. That is like playing the stock market. For Intricacy of design Thomas Wayne, the Drexlers, Black Boar, Tonkin, Pechauer, Jacoby, Manzino and so on. For Playability that is all in the hand of the player. What feels good to me may not feel good to the next guy. There is whole field that has pretty much been abandonded and that is intricacy of design that inlays were not cut with CNC. Danny Tibbits early work with his Vase and Ivory Columns would make him a contender in that category. Bill Schick would probably get my vote as one of the top non CNC inlay artists if we were bringing in deceased makers, especially since he never went the CNC route. The Schragers also pulled off some pretty fancy work with a Pantograph. David Kersenbrock is a master with the Pantograph and may be the best living non CNC intricacy of design cuemaker.
A lot of Andy Gilbert cues were made using pantograph. His wife helps him in this area iirc.

Reactions: bbb

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Great bunch of names here ,ive hit with with many .I have not hit with any that played any better (subjectively ) than my old Schon or Runde )
I have an STL4 that plays lights out to me. They make good cues.