tightening a joint

mb charlie

Registered
i have a adam a/h 12 and it hits like crap. ive had it for a few years and its always been this way. i had it out today and when i softly slapped the but against my wrist a loose vibration and noise came from the top of the cue. when you grab the stainless joint and the wrap, you can slightly twist the joint back and forth. i was wandering if this is fixable and how to fix it? any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• adam5a.jpg
    adam5a.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 312

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
mb charlie said:
i have a adam a/h 12 and it hits like crap. ive had it for a few years and its always been this way. i had it out today and when i softly slapped the but against my wrist a loose vibration and noise came from the top of the cue. when you grab the stainless joint and the wrap, you can slightly twist the joint back and forth. i was wandering if this is fixable and how to fix it? any help would be appreciated.

Do you want to sell it?

Craig

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Depends on how well you want it fixed. If you want it fixed correctly...send it to a quality cue repairman, it won't be a problem. If you just want to quick fix it yourself...unscrew it as far as possible then apply a drop or two of superglue to the wood threads then tighten it back down flush.

Arnot Wadsworth

Senior Cuemaker
Silver Member
Epoxy versus Superglue

Michael Webb said:
Epoxy, there is no substitute.

I agree with you Mike. Epoxy is the only way to go.

If you try to use superglue you will be lucky to get it screwed up all the way before the glue sets. Even if you do get it to seat properly I have found that superglue does not hold up on joints or any other application except tips.:)

mb charlie

Registered
thanks for the help guys and craig i would be interested in selling it. send me your email and i will send you better pictures. the cue is in great condition other than the loose joint. im not going to give it away though...

Purdman

Banned
My Experience

If you make your joints to tight they don't burn very well. I also recomend that you stay away from glue. It can make ya go blind!
Purd:rolleyes:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Purdman said:
If you make your joints to tight they don't burn very well. I also recomend that you stay away from glue. It can make ya go blind!

I see you have already started the celebration for the 4th of July weekend.
BE SAFE!

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Purdman said:
:D :D :D :D
I can't breathe!:D

Purdman

Banned
Michael Webb said:
I see you have already started the celebration for the 4th of July weekend.
BE SAFE!

Actually, I have to get home and do some tip work before the party starts.
Purdman;) :D

Last edited: