Tim Scruggs Cue on eBay

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
nope, not a Scruggs, been on fleabay 10 times , not sure if it's really getting sold or not

Kaydon

Registered
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I saw this and was curious myself. It did not have original shafts. If it was a Scruggs it would have most likely been sold with two. You would have thought that one original shaft would have survived.

DawgAndy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=345388

push in bumper, round ass inlays, what do the points look like? no pics...guessing they're round too..what about the design looks Scruggs? nothing to me......As I recall the same seller had several cues in the past that he wasn't sure who made them but was told they were whatevers. 645 bucks? if it's too good to be true, it is. ebay + foreign country= extreme caution. 250 bucks is too much for me to take a stab at this one, just not enough right about it

Last edited:

ViolatorDM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've contacted the seller and asked him to supply high-resolution photos of everything on the Cue. I also asked him a few questions regarding the points on the Cue, why isn't there (at least) one original shaft and others. I'll open up a case with eBay and also send the photos to Tim Scruggs shop (if I'm able to locate some contact details) and take it from there.

Thank you guys and I really hope that this will be a lesson to me and everyone else that reads this post... Never get overexcited, especially on eBay...

Rtoron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
63   0   1
The bumper is not Scruggs. The shafts are not Scruggs. I wouldn't bid on it. Even if the Butt is Scruggs without the original shafts you don't have anything. You will never be able to get Scruggs shafts for it because he quit building cues. The shafts are everything. Without them you have nothing.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I do not believe that is a Scruggs one bit and I refrained from the last time I saw a cue like this listed on Ebay as the seller didn't claim it was a Scruggs. I am pretty sure this seller RidetheBuss69 is a AZ user, once I remember his user name I will post it as this is blatantly trying to rip someone off. If anyone else knows please help stop this guy, I don't care if someone is dumb enough to buy it just by assuming the TS is something that it isn't, but now he is intentionally misleading people by posting:

On Feb-08-14 at 18:22:15 PST, seller added the following information:

Dont know much about custom cues but im being told its a tim scruggs cue

HoldemRw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
267   0   0
I fell for this same cue on eBay about 6 months ago but it had a regular shaft and no ld shafts. I paid 350.00 for it sent pics to few reputable people here on AZ they verified that it was most likely a fake. Sold it to guy in Germany told him I was 95% sure it was fake he bought it for 200.00 anyways recouped some of my losses. Now it's back again on eBay. Problem I had and reason I never opened a case on guy I bought it from was he never listed it as a Scruggs cue so he wasn't deceiving me I was gambling on trying to get a 2k cue for very cheap hoping he didn't know what he had. I lost and learned my lesson.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
the bumper, the design, and, yes, even the logo, all look wrong.

and the non-orig (to what?) shafts just add to the compelling evidence against it being a ts.

best,
brian kc

jacobyguy

Matt
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
The seller doesn't ever claim that it is a Scruggs, so good luck getting your money back

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ChicagoPete

Registered
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ride the Buss

The sellers name is Ride The Buss. If you see the seller is taking you for a ride you can contact ebay before paying and they should protect your feedback. It's been a while since I've used ebay but back when I did they protected my feedback from a dishonest seller.

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Whatever it is, not Scruggs. But, if you were planning on bidding, you just alerted every swinging dick on the planet.

ViolatorDM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well guess what......... Thanks to "2cool2", I got the below:
http://www.shootersbilliards.com/Hercules-Pool-Cue-H304.html

Now, is it just me or doesn't this seem to be the Cue that this other guy posted up on eBay...!!!???...!!!???...!!!???

"2cool2", I just don't know how to repay you!!!

Thank you all you guys for opening my eyes! This should be a lesson for everyone like me that tends to get overexcited by finding stuff on eBay and doesn't take the time to investigate first before he/she bids!!!!!

Thank you all again for your help!

cuegrip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The seller should be ashamed of himself. As far as the buyer, lesson learned. I almost got burnt years ago on Fleabay by a guy selling a "Scruggs" shaft, the pictures of the shaft looked genuine, when I got the shaft it wasn't the one pictured, had mineral streaks, was rattle can clear coated and had about .030 runout.

ViolatorDM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Lesson learned... Investigate first :-D

Anyway, I opened a case with eBay and the Transaction was cancelled... Got lucky!

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Now it's on craigslist.

What gets me is, if this person found out it's a fake, why still sell it like it's not. The reputation damage would not be worth it.

Play Well!

Billiard Bill's
Buying-Selling-Trading
Text/call Bill 239.823.0408 (8am-7pm EST please)
billiardbills@gmail.com
Southwest Florida

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1392571957.825166.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1392571957.825166.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 152
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1392571973.059907.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1392571973.059907.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 135
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1392571981.861732.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1392571981.861732.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 150