Tim Scruggs ebony titleist conversion

buzzmc

Balance
Silver Member
This was my player until just recently, and the next month or so will tell if the new Tascarella replaces it or not.

I have been told it's reasonably rare, though I don't really know. I suspect several of you will confirm since I'm throwing it out there.

It's a great playing cue though... Love it.

Interesting to note it has a 3/8" acme threaded pin... No idea what the perceived advantages are of such a pin, but it's different. And I like different :)

shamadam

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Awesome cue. Ebony Titlist conversions are somewhat rare. One done by TS.........well,
I don't ever recall seeing another one on here before. There might have been one or two,
but I honestly don't remember seeing them.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I had an Acme pin TS

Red Rocket wanted to take me on the road with that goofy pined stick.
Nick :)

buzzmc

Balance
Silver Member
Man this thing has the PM's flowing. Seems it's pretty special.

For context I was mostly just sharing, and curious about its rarity.

I subscribe to the saying "never say never" and consider all of the PM's around if you want to sell it please let me know as flattering for the cue.

If you care to make any sort of offer it should probably be in the "way too good to pass up" range. If you're thinking about it and wondering if it's good enough, it's not. I'll flat out just say that I have no intention of letting it go, so if you want it, you need to pry it from me with some ridiculous offer.

Again, never hurts to ask, and I don't mind a bit, just giving the folks that think it might ever go somewhere some context.

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I sold one years ago

Man this thing has the PM's flowing. Seems it's pretty special.

For context I was mostly just sharing, and curious about its rarity.

I subscribe to the saying "never say never" and consider all of the PM's around if you want to sell it please let me know as flattering for the cue.

If you care to make any sort of offer it should probably be in the "way too good to pass up" range. If you're thinking about it and wondering if it's good enough, it's not. I'll flat out just say that I have no intention of letting it go, so if you want it, you need to pry it from me with some ridiculous offer.

Again, never hurts to ask, and I don't mind a bit, just giving the folks that think it might ever go somewhere some context.

My batch of 3 were cool.. Sold 2 of them to a retailer. Fair prices. He sold the Ebony Titlist for $2700. I didn't charge that for the two of them. And he sold the Purple heart for $2400. New unhit Ivory Joint Radial pin into wood.
You got one bad puppy there. Never screw JP's into that Cue unless they came with the Cue. Also you need mandrels for a tip repair but the JP's might work. Those threads are easy to make disappear.

Nineballjerry2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful cue! That might be the only cue I'd trade my old kersenbrock for.I have a soft spot for Scruggs and titlist cues and you nailed both .enjoy playing with it!
Thanks for showing !
Jerry2

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ebony titlists are rare. Tim's cues really play. This cue screams player! I think you might regret seling this as you can not replace it. You can go to the bank the Tascarella will be a great player too. Congratulations!

buzzmc

Balance
Silver Member
Ebony titlists are rare. Tim's cues really play. This cue screams player! I think you might regret seling this as you can not replace it. You can go to the bank the Tascarella will be a great player too. Congratulations!

For the reasons you stated this cue really will never be for sale.

Should some one have enough silly money and want it, I'd part with it for 5k. A ludicrous amount for this stick... But really that's just my 'I don't want sell it" price.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
For the reasons you stated this cue really will never be for sale.

Should some one have enough silly money and want it, I'd part with it for 5k. A ludicrous amount for this stick... But really that's just my 'I don't want sell it" price.

That is a great looking cue, and I bet it hits a ton, as John Wright used to say.

I'm glad you said it takes $5k for the cue, because I was contemplating an offer of $4800 but now I won't need to fret.........

(j/k). :thumbup: :thumbup:

Will

bobco729

bobco729
Silver Member
Brian, I had $4,900. but didn't think it was quite enough so i gave it to my wife and daughter to go shopping. lol
Too bad because i really would have liked to buy this cue.
Bob

Last edited:

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Thanks for the look at a rare cue from the Scruggs shop.

I have the same pin on a bridged veneer Scruggs myself, it does screw together tight I am guessing yours does as well.

This was my player until just recently, and the next month or so will tell if the new Tascarella replaces it or not.

I have been told it's reasonably rare, though I don't really know. I suspect several of you will confirm since I'm throwing it out there.

Interesting to note it has a 3/8" acme threaded pin... No idea what the perceived advantages are of such a pin, but it's different. And I like different :)

buzzmc

Balance
Silver Member
Yep, this stick screws together very tight, and while I will let people hit with it, I won't let anyone screw it together. Too easy to **** that up.

-b

Thanks for the look at a rare cue from the Scruggs shop.

I have the same pin on a bridged veneer Scruggs myself, it does screw together tight I am guessing yours does as well.

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
My batch of 3 were cool.. Sold 2 of them to a retailer. Fair prices. He sold the Ebony Titlist for $2700. I didn't charge that for the two of them. And he sold the Purple heart for $2400. New unhit Ivory Joint Radial pin into wood.
You got one bad puppy there. Never screw JP's into that Cue unless they came with the Cue. Also you need mandrels for a tip repair but the JP's might work. Those threads are easy to make disappear.

What's up with the threads on the acme pins?

buzzmc

Balance
Silver Member
What's up with the threads on the acme pins?

It's a 3/8-10, but the threads are flat faced. If no one puts up a pic before I get a chance I'll do it later.

Why would you use an acme thread? I don't know -- but this cue screws together tighter that any other I've owned... And I have bad quite a few 3/8-10's.