Tip thread. What is on your cue?

Choose your brand.

• Total voters

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just thought to start a fresh thread to see what are we using on our cues these days.

I'll add some options for a poll, I cant include everything so feel free to reply here and tell us what you have and why you have it :smile:

To start off: I am currently using Milkduds on my playing shafts. I was a firm believer in layered tips for a long time but I always felt something was not quite right for me so I got some duds from Jeff here on azb and have used these tips ever since. They play perfect to my liking, nice crisp hit and they hold chalk better than the layered tips I used to play with. All in all I am very impressed with them, once you get it played in so to speak it will require very little maintenance.

For break tip I have a Taom 2.0 wich I like very well. Feels right, holds chalk and delivers a punch, what more can you hope for :smile:

Lesh

One Hole Thinkifier
Silver Member
I just thought to start a fresh thread to see what are we using on our cues these days.

I'll add some options for a poll, I cant include everything so feel free to reply here and tell us what you have and why you have it

To start off: I am currently using Milkduds on my playing shafts. I was a firm believer in layered tips for a long time but I always felt something was not quite right for me so I got some duds from Jeff here on azb and have used these tips ever since. They play perfect to my liking, nice crisp hit and they hold chalk better than the layered tips I used to play with. All in all I am very impressed with them, once you get it played in so to speak it will require very little maintenance.

For break tip I have a Taom 2.0 wich I like very well. Feels right, holds chalk and delivers a punch, what more can you hope for
Outsville Ki-Tech medium-hard. Fist time using it. About three weeks into evaluation. It has yet to piss me off.
I normally use Ultra Skins.

Lesh

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

rtbbf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After a few years of trial and error triangle soaked and pressed plays great (imo)....for breaking a soaked elk master so far stands the test, just my two cents worth

Poolhall60561

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No Everest?

It's what comes standard on my Predator and OB Shafts.
I like them.

I chose tiger on the survey

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tiger makes a lot of different tips, Emerald, Sniper, Everest, Onyx, Tiger lamimated and the Icebreaker & JB tips. If I listed all of them half of the poll would be Tiger tips :thumbup:

Surprisingly many use non layered tips. Interesting :eek:

jburkm002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a custom. Never really liked the hit. I asked the cue repairman to install a med Kamui. He suggested CYBORG. Not big on tip hype. Played with Le Pro most my life with no issues. Anyways with the Cyborg I am loving the hit of my custom and they play real nice. Best hitting cue to me was a Frey sneaky. Now I feel my cue hits similar.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
None of the above. Play with a no name layered medium tip from China that I get from Josh Treadway. They are awesome.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Right now I'm shooting with a SIB medium. <~ big seller rite now.
My top pick of em all isca hard water buffalo<~ using a cuesoul H on another playing cue.

Rob.M

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There have been enough 'tip threads' to fill an encyclopedia! (they average about one a week)...Hopefully, this will be the last one! :frown: :boring2: :boring2: :boring2:

Last edited:

Bca8ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There have been enough 'tip threads' to fill an encyclopedia! (they average about one a week)...Hopefully, this will be the last one! :frown: :boring2: :boring2: :boring2:

Considering the introduction of new tips and tip choice changes; the occasional tip thread poll doesn't bother me. Interesting to see Tom's UltraSkin tips gaining popularity.

Gorramjayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have pool shafts with Moori Medium and Kamui Black medium. I think the Kamui Blacks work better on lighter thinner shafts and the Moori better on stiffer shafts, as far as consistency of the action and ease of action with little punch strokes. For the weight and taper I prefer, soft tips (even Kamui Black) are a little too inconsistent as the cuing angle and stroke speed varies but are more workable as you get over 19oz...

My snooker tips are a pressed Blue Diamond 9.5mm (eh) and a Kamui Black Hard (8mm). The tiny Kamui Black Hard tip on an ash shaft is quite amazing in how you can feel the fibers of the wood vibrate during a hit, amazing ability to finely control very high rates of spin.

My feeling is that the Moori is more forgiving when playing a lighter touch, but across more of the power spectrum and especially at odd cuing angles the Kamui Black M and H are very hard to beat, very consistent no matter the angle the tip hits the ball.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've tried a number of layered tips.
Most played pretty good.
I have now gone back to Triangle tips and the only thing I notice different is that I have more money in my pocket.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member

As soon as everyone finds out how well the new 4Skin tips, from Steamer Cue Sports Ltd., play, there won't be a need for any more of these tip threads, Dick.
Our 4Skins are available in kinda soft, semi-hard, and diamond cutter, and each one is done by hand. It's the only way we know how to do it here at SCSL.
We also offer a money back guarantee. If your tip goes away too quick, we'll send you another one.
Try one today. You just can't beat 'em. :smile:

P.S. While you're at it, check out the new "Ball Breaker" break tip. When that rack is tighter than Dick's hat band, you'll be glad you installed the Ball Breaker from Steamer Cue Sports Ltd.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I prefer using a no-name tip that has been soaked in "SJD" crying tears for about a week. You usually can collect the tears in the weekly posts. Just save them up for a couple weeks and you will have enough. I am unable to find the no-name tips at this present time.

Tip threads are no more or less boring than any other thread to me. I know how to skip over threads.

To me, what is boring is the people that jump into threads and say they are "boring", but have nothing useful to add to the thread.

To stick (no pun intended) with the subject of the thread and give you a tip, I just had a Kamui Black Medium installed on my Predator 314-2 FAT shaft this week. I will get it back tomorrow and play with it.

The original tip on the shaft was an Everest and I HATED it. I had it replaced with a Kamui Black Super Soft and I didn't like the way it played until I cut about half of it off. It finally wore down to the nub and I decided to have it replaced after playing with it last Sunday.

I know the hardness of the Kamui Black Medium is rated close to what Le Pro is. I like the feel of Le Pros, but you can't trust getting a good one anymore. I hope the Kamui Medium has the same feel.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As soon as everyone finds out how well the new 4Skin tips, from Steamer Cue Sports Ltd., play, there won't be a need for any more of these tip threads, Dick.
Our 4Skins are available in kinda soft, semi-hard, and diamond cutter, and each one is done by hand. It's the only way we know how to do it here at SCSL.
We also offer a money back guarantee. If your tip goes away too quick, we'll send you another one.
Try one today. You just can't beat 'em. :smile:

P.S. While you're at it, check out the new "Ball Breaker" break tip. When that rack is tighter than Dick's hat band, you'll be glad you installed the Ball Breaker from Steamer Cue Sports Ltd.
You are obviously speaking to the poster below you. How did you do that?

J0HN0

Registered
A Talisman hard.
Holds chalk, predictable, wears well, plays all the shots my old softs from Kamui etc used to, and they're reasonably priced....

Regards,
Johno