tips

pipefitter25

Registered
i went from moori to triangle to kamui. i just want to say kamui (medium/black) is the best tip i have played with! i thought it was a bunch of hype because it was new. but WOW. sold me.

SumTin4U

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just went from a Triangle to a Kamui Black medium lastnight and I will be pulling it off asap.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Even tho I have many popular tips in my tool box, I agree, I tend to always come back to the good ole stand in, a pressed Elk and I have been using a
Triangle too.

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
Give me milk duds or a good ole triangle tip. I will never go back to a layered tip.

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back Before there was a time before a million tips were on the market it was Le Pro's for me. Then like in 99 or a little later it was SUMO tips, now im stuck on Wizard hards.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Its unfortunate because the Le Pro used to be the standrad tip for many of us.
I have two shafts from Lee Pepper and a couple from Dale Perry.
No problems but they probably cull the herd before installing them.

If you have them installed from your local Billiard store, chances are they aren't going to do that for you.

stouter2386

how about the 5 out ?
Silver Member
its a shame. ive heard great things about the le-pros of the past.... The guy who does my tips was telling me something about how theyre made that makes them ''funky''. i switched over to a triangle about 6 months ago, loved it but figured i'd try le pro again. well that was my mistake i guess. im thinking about maybe giving those milk duds a shot sometime soon

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Le Pro needs a good kick in the ass, and remind them how good there tips were back in the day.

Gsitz89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i went from moori to triangle to kamui. i just want to say kamui (medium/black) is the best tip i have played with! i thought it was a bunch of hype because it was new. but WOW. sold me.

For me I love a Morri Medium, honestly they're great! But the problem I have been running into and the questions I have are. Is it more or less exspensive, What is the life, and does it seem to compress quickly. Just because on my moori's they seem (as I geuss all layered tips do) get where I have to scruff them quite often. And also starts to mushroom within 3 or so weeks. Maybe Ive just been getting old ones?

ArizonaPete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me I love a Morri Medium, honestly they're great! But the problem I have been running into and the questions I have are. Is it more or less exspensive, What is the life, and does it seem to compress quickly. Just because on my moori's they seem (as I geuss all layered tips do) get where I have to scruff them quite often. And also starts to mushroom within 3 or so weeks. Maybe Ive just been getting old ones?

It's just the opposite for me. I've been using the Moori Soft tip on my McDermott I-3 shafts. Never had a mushrooming problem or tip getting glazed over. I thought I would see some mushrooming because it is a soft tip but that's just not the case. I send my I-3's to McDermott under there maintenance plan and pay just a shipping and handling charge of $21 for a shaft cleaning, resealing, and a new Moori tip installed. Perhaps they perform some voodoo on the tips to make them so good. I've tried a slue of others (including the Kamui) and kept coming back to Moori.

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Triangle and Everest tips on just about all of my cues. I even put a triangle on my Budweiser cue. :)