To all here on AZ

J&D CUSTOMS

JL Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 98.1%
157   3   0
Just letting everyone know I am not taking orders for customs at this time. I am stocked up on orders and want to concentrate on those til complete.
I do have several cues I will be completing and putting up for sale during this time, but do not want to get so far behind in my orders that it delays customers cues.
I want to thank all those here on AZ that have or have now orders with me, and you will be seeing them soon. I will post pics in the gallery as they are coming complete.
Been a great year so far and have really enjoyed working with all of you on your builds. Very thankful to be busy with orders and look forward to being caught up and taking orders once again here on AZ.
Thanx for everything,
Jim Lee

cyrex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Booked solid

Good for you Jim! Can't wait for you to catch up so everyone can swamp you with work again. :D

I can hear you mumbling in the wee hours something about 'vicious circle' mumble mumble.. grumble..

Hope to be ready to get that 'red wildwood' cue going when you're back taking orders. I know you're the perfect person to make the cue.

Last edited:

GoTulane

Shizzle-rific
Rating - 100%
116   0   1
Awwwww...mannnnnnn!!!

And I had 4 more cue designs I needed done:(
Very happy with my Mardi Gras cue, and I know your other customers will be very happy with their cues. Can't wait to have my case full - Mardi Gras, SW, and the gotulane cue.
Congrats on the good year, and look forward to seeing more of your work here on AZB, as well as the ones coming to me.

For all that do not know Jim's work - just check out my signature for my new custom built by Jim - It hits better than it looks, and will have my new SW sitting in the case growing in value.

Michael

J&D CUSTOMS

JL Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 98.1%
157   3   0
Thanx Rex and Michael. I feel for now it's the right thing. Hate to ever turn away orders, but want to be able to keep my customer service where it is! Just let me know Rex, it will be a beauty!
Take care,
Jim Lee

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
252   2   0
Does this mean I don't need to bring my Davis blank with me when I pick up my table? That thought is depressing.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
207   0   0
Hi Jim,

I'm sure everyone appreciates you being up front about how busy you are, but I'm curious as to why you don't just let customers know their particular lead time.

In other words, if you are booked for two years, why not just tell your customer that their cue will take 2.5 years?? This is what alot of other cue makers are doing.

Congrats on your backlog!!

Russ....

edman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Sweat Jim. It takes a pretty stand up guy to step up and say he is bogged down and doesn't want an act of God or something to happen where he wont be able to deliver what he has deposits on, or told someone it will be "X/XX date and be on time and on target. Hell if I lived a little, well a lot, closer I'd come sweep your floor, flip the wall calendar to the next month, drink all your beer while I tell you bad jokes... Remember a buddy always brings a six-pack with him and drinks your 12-Pack before he leaves

J&D CUSTOMS

JL Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 98.1%
157   3   0
To answer Russ. I do not want to have a waiting list years away. I have trouble remembering what happened last week! LOL
But really, I am just wanting to get all the cues on order completed and concentrate on that. I feel by doing so , I will work alot faster and more focused. I also do many repairs this time of year here locally , so I know that will effect my build times. Just do not wanna let folks down. Many have trusted me with there builds and they deserve this respect on my part.
Thanx Ed, not a drinker , but can match you in Mt. Dew I am sure! LOL

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
207   0   0
J&D CUSTOMS said:
To answer Russ. I do not want to have a waiting list years away. I have trouble remembering what happened last week! LOL
But really, I am just wanting to get all the cues on order completed and concentrate on that. I feel by doing so , I will work alot faster and more focused. I also do many repairs this time of year here locally , so I know that will effect my build times. Just do not wanna let folks down. Many have trusted me with there builds and they deserve this respect on my part.
Thanx Ed, not a drinker , but can match you in Mt. Dew I am sure! LOL

I understand Jim!!

You don't want to be lambasted on here like Varney or Wheat......:D

And, anytime you want to have a Mt. Dew drinking contest, I'm in!!!!

Russ......

Danktrees

RIP RS
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
152   0   0
thats impressive, the instant you decide to become a full time cue maker u're backlogged within a month and a half lol. good thing i ordered my cue early, it looks great by the way. cant wait to get it on tuesday!