To Chat or Not to Chat, That's the Question!

Chat, No Chat, Audio Only

  • Livestream video and chat

    Votes: 50 80.6%
  • Livestream video only and no chat

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Audio only, no video and no chat

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Don't really care, one way or the other

    Votes: 6 9.7%

  • Total voters
    62
  • Poll closed .
I like the chat room, but sometimes it does take away from the match. As long as it doesn't get vulgar or personal, it doesn't bother me. If it does, like others, I just turn if off and watch vid only.

HOWEVER, for the Straight Pool tourney - the chatroom was the best because we would start to talk about the break ball half way through the rack which made it very helpful for those of us learning. :thumbup:

Being a commentator and on the other side of the chat, I like that part as well. Being able to help answer questions is pretty cool.

I would say that the chatroom is part of the online stream experience and am glad it's there 99% of the time. :grin:

I agree Melinda, even though I had the best time with TAR at DCC my favorite time commentating was in Reno. I got the opportunity to do some legitimate commentary with Ken and Jay Helfert and loved every second of it. Having a chat room with truly interested and knowledgable viewers only added to the experience. I'm not the best commentator but being on the other end for such a long time allowed me to know how much more fun a stream is with commentators who truly care what the viewers have to say.
 
The poll is quite revealing, and truth be told, I did not think it would be so one-sided. The overwhelming majority enjoy the chat, even with its occasional warts. :wink:

Well, there you have it. :)

I am so glad I started this thread. It really opened my eyes. Let me click my heels three times and, in the words of Dorothy, say, "There's no place like home." :grin-square:
 
Last edited:
Most times I will watch the stream and not login. Ill read the chat when it s relevant, but at times the chat gets offtrack and sometimes rough. I enjoy the chat when everyone is having fun and I hope they continue to provide the chat feature, and enhance it to make it more enjoyable.
 
Back
Top