To Chat or Not to Chat, That's the Question!

Chat, No Chat, Audio Only

  • Livestream video and chat

    Votes: 50 80.6%
  • Livestream video only and no chat

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Audio only, no video and no chat

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Don't really care, one way or the other

    Votes: 6 9.7%

  • Total voters
    62
  • Poll closed .

JAM

I am the storm
Silver Member
With all the discussion about the chat sessions in the livestream matches, some folks have expressed a variety of opinions. :o

Would you enjoy the livestream just as much without chat?

Do you like the chat with the livestream, hanging out in a virtual pool room sweating the matches with your buddies?

Could you enjoy an audio-only livestream match of the commentator's commentary with no video, so that you wouldn't be sitting in front of a computer screen for multiple hours on end?

This is a blind pool. Feel free to respond without your identity being known. :wink:
 
Last edited:
I like the chat usually. When I don't feel like chatting for whatever reason, I just don't pay it any mind or move my screen where it is not visable. I think they should keep it the way it is. If someone does not like the chat, they do not have to have it shown, I think. Or if there is no way to close it, they could make the video full screen or do something else to not watch the chat. If they don't want to listen to the commentary, they can hit the mute button. There are many who like chat and if they took that away, the numbers would go down. As it is, you can make it so you don't have to watch the chat or listen to the commentary.
 
The chat really adds something extra. It is nice to interact with the commentators and other people watching.

99 % of the people in the chat behave
 
I don't usually participate in the chat. Too much bs... not enough pool I tune in to watch the match and often watch full screen and shut the volume off.
 
I seldom join in the chat, but I do find it enjoyable & helpful at times. I really resent yet another discussion even considering limiting options of the many because we can't get our collective hands around policing a relative few bad actors. I've heard talk about 3 strikes, but I don't think it should go that far. You either display that you know how to act & respect your responsibility to do so, or you pay the price immediately for that stream. These numbskulls that feel like being behind a keyboard, or under the auspices of being on a public forum, gives them free reign to act blatantly offensively need to be handed their hat at the outset.
 
Last edited:
I would love to be able to chat live with the so called PROFESSIONAL play by play announcers for the TELEVISED sports b'casts. The internet will possibly be comparable to Televised b'casts in the future. I also think that chat sessions will be part of those future b'casts.

Interaction is a huge part of the experience IMO, the chat serves this purpose extremely well.

Like someone already said, "99% of the chatters are cool" it is the 1% that make the experience unpleasant.

View and chat. It is better than having to FEED your friends and they watch your big screen MONITOR when they come over.
 
When the streams are free and there are 12,000 people watching, it is hard to keep up with chat. It is nice when there are not many people and you can have conversations with other members.
 
When the streams are free and there are 12,000 people watching, it is hard to keep up with chat. It is nice when there are not many people and you can have conversations with other members.

That is a good point. I have been on chat sessions when after I hit the ENTER key and my comment appears, it shoots up to the top of the screen because there is so much simultaneous discussion. :grin-square:
 
That is a good point. I have been on chat sessions when after I hit the ENTER key and my comment appears, it shoots up to the top of the screen because there is so much simultaneous discussion. :grin-square:

i voted with the majority ! it will be the winner by far imo.

yes too many makes it unbearable. the chat that we(accustats)had for
comet billiards 14.1 had many good features. one being ignore.
you could put someone on ignore and not see there comments,great!
and another great one was the ability to open a private room with password access. you could pm the password to the group you wanted
in your own chat , nice indeed !

:cool:
 
i prefer the chat because sometimes the viewers will offer their opinions how to shoot shots, what safeties they would play, etc. i think it adds to the video, even with great commentary.
 
I had not realized how truly blessed I am until I read some of the responses on this thread, as well as a few others today.

This is an aha moment for me. :)
 
What they need is the ability for the user hide chat comments by selected set of users (which is saved in your account settings)... simple enough to program.

And it would be nice to be able to go full screen and detach a chat window for users using a two monitor (or laptop/monitor) setup... also a simple standard UI interface.

And have the chat moderated by someone... doesn't need to be the hosts, just someone trusted that the hosts give the power to.

But, good commentary is the most important... try turning off the sound and watching most any sports event... especially golf. Boring without the analysis by people who know what they are talking about.
 
live stream chat

Sometimes the chat distracts me from the match being played. When idiots get on their and start spamming, I just go to full screen and watch the match and listen to the commentary if there is one.
 
I like the chat room, but sometimes it does take away from the match. As long as it doesn't get vulgar or personal, it doesn't bother me. If it does, like others, I just turn if off and watch vid only.

HOWEVER, for the Straight Pool tourney - the chatroom was the best because we would start to talk about the break ball half way through the rack which made it very helpful for those of us learning. :thumbup:

Being a commentator and on the other side of the chat, I like that part as well. Being able to help answer questions is pretty cool.

I would say that the chatroom is part of the online stream experience and am glad it's there 99% of the time. :grin:
 
I'm in chat before a match, after a match, seldom during a match.
We watch the game zoomed out on the big monitor and leave chat open on the laptop.
But unless the game really sucks, I never take my eyes off the game
to read chat. (if the game sucks, I am watching chat for some of the chuckles)

Would I watch it if it was just audio? Yes, that was proven earlier
this week when the camera guy was wack-a-doodle, full blur on, I just listened to Joey commentate the match and it was very entertaining.

lots of hugs
mrs.g
 
The chat gives the stream the full experience. Especially for 'on location' events where anything might happen. I thought it hilarious when we were in Olathe and Scott Frost pulled out his cell phone and starting calling people to answer questions put in the chat.

Plus you can GAMBLE on what you are watching by getting action in the chat.

Problems with the chat is that it gives you reality about how scarey the public really is and how they think.
 
The chat gives the stream the full experience. Especially for 'on location' events where anything might happen. I thought it hilarious when we were in Olathe and Scott Frost pulled out his cell phone and starting calling people to answer questions put in the chat.

Plus you can GAMBLE on what you are watching by getting action in the chat.

Problems with the chat is that it gives you reality about how scarey the public really is and how they think.

when Bartram was about to play Rodney in Vegas I saw Corey standing at the table talking to Chris. I called Corey to ask Chris if he wanted to bet anymore on the match. The funny part was that he answered but we didn't see him pick up his phone. 5 seconds later he reached in his pocket and answered so the stream was slightly delayed. Everyone got a chuckle out of that especially when he waved 5 seconds later, lol.
 
Back
Top