Tom Hay's new line of tips

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So AFTER the fact YOU have claimed over and over that Tom HAS broken the law.... and you will report him if you have to...you now say the above...isn't that kinda back pedaling? YOU made accusations and stated as fact that Tom was in violation of the laws, now you say...I'll look later?
If you are as honest and forth coming as you say then....
How about answering these next questions....HONESTLY, are your tips that you sell basically Altered elkmasters, lepros, and triangles, and the treatment you soak these in...can you release the MDS sheets so we as intallers know what chemical cocktail you are exposing us to and are you doing this in the USA and are you following all proper procedures while doing this chemical treatment, including not exposing the outside environment and fellow Americans to the fumes of the chemicals you are using, Are you doing it in an industrial classified section of the city or are you home brewing? Toxic waste disposal is another issue...Are you dumping the solution down a drain and poisoning our water tables or paying a waste treatment company with proper handling certs to handle the toxic waste you need to remove? How many more questions do you want fired your way? Trust me, one call to your own cities' Dept. of Public Safety and you will be answering more questions and paying lawyers more than Hillary has, and may end up outta business if you aren't following every one of the laws concerning the usage/storage/disposal of anything considered a chemical treatment.
You could be in bigger trouble than Tom could ever think of being in. The US laws and the local laws concerning proper chemical usage/storage/disposal especially in a neighborhood environment are far more formidable than any import laws.
Now back to our regularly scheduled programing,
Dave

Neil_deGrasse_Tyson_drops_the-6b234a52dcaa365da9c2fb61ad90a26a

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
tom
i feel for you to have to go thru this in my opinion unwarrated barrage
only the strong survive....:)
no good deed (great tips...great price) goes unpunished:mad:
i am sorry

cueguy

Just a repair guy
Silver Member
Dammm

I can't believe all the !$%W#!**!^$W's here that want to knock down a great guy that tries his best to give everyone a fantastic product at a great price with the BEST customer support out there!
What is wrong with you people?
If you are that kind of person - I hope Karma comes around to you soon!!!
That is all...

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Mine mushroom slightly after playing for a couple of days. I trim them and they never mushroom again. I'm voting pilot error too. Best layered tips I've played, and I've tried most.

Press them a little in the vise before installing and you will usually eliminate having to go back and trim them again.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Incidentally, Tom, i just tried a Pro tip. I don't like soft tips, but I really don't mind this. It's not mushy, IMHO, but does definitely take a bit of speed off the ball. I'm liking it for straight pool. Feels like I can let my stroke out a bit without over hitting the cue ball.

I still like the medium best, but I'll leave this Pro on a while and see how it goes.

The Pro once pressed has proven to be my favorite.

pathman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I agree, a little pressing ahead of time has stopped a LOT of the mushrooming. I've been installing and playing Tom's tips from pretty much the beginning and I haven't found a better value. I do really like the Zan tips that I've recently played but not for nearly 10x the cost of Tom's tips. I just bought a three pack of the new pro's and am anxiously awaiting there arrival. The mushrooming is a little irritating but for the price and playability it's a small trade-off in my opinion.

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'll need to try that. I think I posted somewhere else about this, but now that I have a couple of weeks on it, I found that the Pro just took too much off the cue ball speed, and for long shots where I need to stop or draw back I found that I really need to stroke quite hard in order to get what I need. Maybe it will harden up enough after pressing to be just right. That said, I like the hit. It's actually a lot firmer than I expected.

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sometimes its best to take the high road. Let your product speak for itself. I have never tried Ki-Tech tips to give an opinion but it seems the Ultra Skins must be doing better in the sales department. :cool:

Lenny, you're right, a person is a lot better off worrying about their own business rather than what the competition is doing. When you bad mouth your competition you generally don't impress the customer base much regarding them because the customer just figures you're jealous or are having trouble competing. Also you run the risk of alienating the customer with your actions just as after all this mess I would never buy or recommend anything from Renfro.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
a person is a lot better off worrying about their own business rather than what the competition is doing. When you bad mouth your competition you generally don't impress the customer base much regarding them because the customer just figures you're jealous or are having trouble competing. Also you run the risk of alienating the customer with your actions just as after all this mess.

Yea...there is enough business for everyone,
When I was in business I had a great number of Friendly Competitors....we supported and helped each other.

I dealt with Tom once and would deal again...and recommend.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll need to try that. I think I posted somewhere else about this, but now that I have a couple of weeks on it, I found that the Pro just took too much off the cue ball speed, and for long shots where I need to stop or draw back I found that I really need to stroke quite hard in order to get what I need. Maybe it will harden up enough after pressing to be just right. That said, I like the hit. It's actually a lot firmer than I expected.

If you like the Medium before it hardens up some from play then you should really like the Pro if you press it first.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
This could be interesting. I think the EPA laws concerning the type of legalities you're describing, are "luckily" only about 9 million pages long. ;)
j2

Considering he was the one to claim Tom broke laws etc....Then he should answer the same questions, as local environment laws being broken in his own back yard take center stage, then pile on some Fed. EPA regs, etc.....Where is Renfro's response? Is his stuff actually USA made? IS it being done according to the local and National Regs? Does he have ALL the proper paperwork and permits/licenses? Is he paying all the taxes that a USA based company should be paying? If He's so upstanding and FORETH coming....we should have had an answer, don't we deserve that much from him???
The silence is deafening.
Dave

Last edited:

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
So after going to the Outsville website and after getting a warm fuzzy story, no pictures of the actual tips he sells...hmmmm. Go to Tom's page and you see the tips in all forms that he sells...Hmmmm
I am never a fan of someone that has a product to sell, but you can't see it til you buy it...sorta reminds me of Obamacare I guess...
Dave

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Considering he was the one to claim Tom broke laws etc....Then he should answer the same questions, as local environment laws being broken in his own back yard take center stage, then pile on some Fed. EPA regs, etc.....Where is Renfro's response? Is his stuff actually USA made? IS it being done according to the local and National Regs? Does he have ALL the proper paperwork and permits/licenses? Is he paying all the taxes that a USA based company should be paying? If He's so upstanding and FORETH coming....we should have had an answer, don't we deserve that much from him???
The silence is deafening.
Dave

Where is he? Considering the poignant 1st post you made questioning his tip "cooking" at home he's probably staring at those drums of chemicals in a cold sweat.

His tips are just like a lot of players I met in the late 80's & early 90's. Nothing special, just jacked up on chemicals.

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alright boys, line up. Keep it in order now everyone will get a chance:

:deadhorse:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Tom is having a buy one get one free sale for one week with a minimum order of 10 tips. This sale will no longer happen again in the future:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=432158

when you first posted this thread I thought it night be a veiled sales thread made to look informative but gave it the benefit of doubt.

with the above post, after there being no activity in this thread for a few days, I'm now more sure it belongs in the For Sale section.

jmo

best,
brian kc

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when you first posted this thread I thought it night be a veiled sales thread made to look informative but gave it the benefit of doubt.

with the above post, after there being no activity in this thread for a few days, I'm now more sure it belongs in the For Sale section.

jmo

best,
brian kc

A discussion thread can mean anything, that includes promotions as long as it's still related to the topic. I am not Chris Renfro posting monthly draws or giveaways. I am in no way affiliated with Tom whatsoever, I pass on interesting news to fellow members that I haven't seen discussed yet. Originally the thread was intended to discuss the make of the tip, reviews and questions regarding possible AZ member special prices. But TheRenfro chimed in and turned it into a national debate which changed it off topic. As of now, the promotion I mentioned earlier is only for AZ members and it's a one time sale. I did my due diligence as a member to help others in the community, not to advertise another company.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Then maybe you won't mind apologizing to Tom for getting a shitload of abuse from three jerk-offs that he neither asked for, no deserved.