Tom Hay's new line of tips

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
A discussion thread can mean anything, that includes promotions as long as it's still related to the topic. I am not Chris Renfro posting monthly draws or giveaways. I am in no way affiliated with Tom whatsoever, I pass on interesting news to fellow members that I haven't seen discussed yet. Originally the thread was intended to discuss the make of the tip, reviews and questions regarding possible AZ member special prices. But TheRenfro chimed in and turned it into a national debate which changed it off topic. As of now, the promotion I mentioned earlier is only for AZ members and it's a one time sale. I did my due diligence as a member to help others in the community, not to advertise another company.

I think this is very reasonable and thanks for explaining.

And, to be honest, there were probably more than enough policemen in this thread without me.

I don't know Tom Hays but he does come across as a sincere guy with a well liked product.

best,
brian kc

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Are you suggesting he needs to apologize for how others act?

Damn right! He's responsible for this thread. It's on his shoulders how others respond, and to whom they respond.
If you'll look at Article 147, Sub-Section 8, Paragraph 3.842, of the Arizona Billiards Forum By-laws regarding the conduct of posters, you'll see that I'm right.
These rules have been taken much too lightly of late, and something needed to said, so I said it. :p

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Then maybe you won't mind apologizing to Tom for getting a shitload of abuse from three jerk-offs
that he neither asked for, nor deserved.
[/QU
I think the bolded members alluded to above also owe tom an apology

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Then maybe you won't mind apologizing to Tom for getting a shitload of abuse from three jerk-offs
that he neither asked for, nor deserved.
[/QU
I think the bolded members alluded to above also owe tom an apology

My response to the OP was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but you make a good point.
Tom, however, has departed the forum, possibly never to return so any apologies from them would be moot.
Also, I'm a bit taken aback by KC's reference to forum policemen. There were several of us here who stood up for Tom when he was being set upon by the Gang of Three. I don't consider that policing, but rather evening up the odds for a friend. :)

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think this is very reasonable and thanks for explaining.

And, to be honest, there were probably more than enough policemen in this thread without me.

I don't know Tom Hays but he does come across as a sincere guy with a well liked product.

best,
brian kc

No worries, it happens. I've received a lot of knowledge from this forum and I do what I can to contribute back to the community. I personally would find it selfish if I'm aware of a promotion and I kept it to myself but that's just me.

If you haven't tried his tips (Ultraskins or SIB), I highly recommend you try them. They have a lot praise for its quality (especially his AZ member only price) among a large number of members here.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
when you first posted this thread I thought it night be a veiled sales thread made to look informative but gave it the benefit of doubt.
with the above post, after there being no activity in this thread for a few days, I'm now more sure it belongs in the For Sale section.
jmo
best,
brian kc

Damn, Brian. This smacks of forum policing. Does it not? :smile:

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
My response to the OP was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but you make a good point.
Tom, however, has departed the forum, possibly never to return so any apologies from them would be moot.
Also, I'm a bit taken aback by KC's reference to forum policemen. There were several of us here who stood up for Tom when he was being set upon by the Gang of Three. I don't consider that policing, but rather evening up the odds for a friend. :)

Tramp;

this is one of the classic examples where meaning became lost on an internet post.

My reference to policemen on this thread didn't include you at all. I can see now where you might have thought so, though. To put it as plainly as I can, I was put off with Chris Renfro's campaign for truth in labeling seemingly at the expense of a guy (Tom) who seems like a very nice fellow and an asset to the pool industry. And, even moreso, when after learning he was unsure on the very law he is accusing Tom of breaking. :rolleyes:

Me and you are good and, as you know, we go back a l-o-n-g way and have never had and difficulties... well, except maybe that one drunken weekend in Reno where we both competed for two-tooth Sally's affection. :eek: :wink: :love: :lovies:

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
Tramp;
this is one of the classic examples where meaning became lost on an internet post.
My reference to policemen on this thread didn't include you at all. I can see now where you might have thought so, though. To put it as plainly as I can, I was put off with Chris Renfro's campaign for truth in labeling seemingly at the expense of a guy (Tom) who seems like a very nice fellow and an asset to the pool industry. And, even moreso, when after learning he was unsure on the very law he is accusing Tom of breaking. :rolleyes:
Me and you are good and, as you know, we go back a l-o-n-g way and have never had and difficulties... well, except maybe that one drunken weekend in Reno where we both competed for two-tooth Sally's affection. :eek: :wink: :love: :lovies:
best,
brian kc

Well, alrighty then.
By-the-way, when we gonna do that hot sweaty gorilla sex thing. Or, is it hot sweaty guerrilla sex? :smile:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
KC, I think the Tramp would make an excellent policeman....

image.jpeg

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeez not sure what to think after gleaning over this post. Cops, Robbers, Tossers? Any trusted non-TH related member honestly playing these new tips that can give a real honest opinion of their findings on these 'new' tips they care to share ?

Cheers,

-Kat,

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
You know for the most part I have stayed out of this, you questioning who I am just was the straw that broke the camels back. SALES OVER Dave[KAT

Jeez not sure what to think after gleaning over this post. Cops, Robbers, Tossers? Any trusted non-TH related member honestly playing these new tips that can give a real honest opinion of their findings on these 'new' tips they care to share ?

Cheers,

-Kat,

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Cheers,

-Kat,

It just so happens that I am right at the point of needing a new tip. (I am attempting to short-circuit my usual tip failure one week before the DCC :) So I will order some TH tips and install one of them with 48 hours of receipt and review here 48 hours later. So like maybe a week from now if all goes well.

In any case YMMV.

Lou Figueroa

Dave-Kat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Lou. You I trust. Please follow through once you crack some racks.

Not sure about my post and why it was the 'straw is the straw broke the camels back' SALE OVER comment from Mr. Hay ???? I was not knocking you Tom, your product or services.

Cheers,

-Kat,

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
Got my 2nd set of 10 in the mail today. Either my mailman stole the 1st 10 or put it in the wrong box & shotty neighbors just discard the package, but i cant wait to try one out. Will be shooting thurs, hopefully then.

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Affiliated with TH??????????, Talking about this thread being a lead on for the sale

Lou, you I trust"""""""""""" I am sure you can but search Tom Hay and cue tip reviews and find me as a bad guy somewhere.

You can't get the leather for this tip for my sale price and it is not just you a few other on this thread that I had nothing to do with starting

Cheers.

Tom Hay

Thank you Lou. You I trust. Please follow through once you crack some racks.

Not sure about my post and why it was the 'straw is the straw broke the camels back' SALE OVER comment from Mr. Hay ???? I was not knocking you Tom, your product or services.

Cheers,

-Kat,

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Affiliated with TH??????????, Talking about this thread being a lead on for the sale

Lou, you I trust"""""""""""" I am sure you can but search Tom Hay and cue tip reviews and find me as a bad guy somewhere.

You can't get the leather for this tip for my sale price and it is not just you a few other on this thread that I had nothing to do with starting

Cheers.

Tom Hay

Tom, not sure I quite follow you but I ordered a 10 pack tonight. Didn't ask for or get the AZ discount -- more than happy to pay full price. As I noted via eBay I like the old Moori mediums and the newer G2 mediums which I think play close. You can send me whatever you think is closest and I will review here after I get them.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got the tips late yesterday. (Tom, thanks for the extras.)

I'll install one this weekend and play with it Monday & Tuesday and report back. And just for the record: I am no tip guru, just an average player who has played with a wide variety of tips going back to the French Champion tips in the 60's, up to the Mooris, Kamuis, and G2s nowadays. Whatever I say, YMMV.

One question for Tom: do you recommend one side or the other as the glue side?

Lou Figueroa

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Cheers,

-Kat,

Who's TH related, exactly? This entire thread is just chock full of nonsense.

billiardthought

Anti-intellectualism
Silver Member
Got the tips late yesterday. (Tom, thanks for the extras.)

I'll install one this weekend and play with it Monday & Tuesday and report back. And just for the record: I am no tip guru, just an average player who has played with a wide variety of tips going back to the French Champion tips in the 60's, up to the Mooris, Kamuis, and G2s nowadays. Whatever I say, YMMV.

One question for Tom: do you recommend one side or the other as the glue side?

Lou Figueroa

If you ordered the SIB tips, there should be a side that shows a glue bottle