Top 3 best playing cues you have played.

Hierovision

Dios mio, man.
Silver Member
1st: Barenbrugge BR PJ
2nd: My current playing cue - Rat mesquite PJ with ferrule-less shafts
3rd: One of KRBSailing's Scruggs cues I hit with back in 2007. I forget which one, but I remember the hit lol.

Honorable mention: A Starkey mesquite PJ with ferrule-less shafts I asked him to make for me back in 2010. It hit extremely well, but there were too many cosmetic issues (what can I say, I'm a stickler) and he graciously took it back and sold it to someone else.

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
Wow ... I guess I've lived a sheltered life as there are a ton of names on these posts that I've never even heard of. Here are my hum drum three favorites:

Joss
Mali
JPechauer

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
players

My heart says 82rmodel Bob made for me but i think the current 1/2 stainless joint heavy4.4 shaft plays as good as anything . After50yrs. ive had several Gus S. GINAS(ANOTHER GREAT HEAVEY SHAFTS CUE), PARADISE ,SHICK,Tad. Kikel. 1 RUNDE ,2 R-MODEL SCHON,3Kikel hustler. all play well

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
So it shoots good for you or no?

I'd love to see pics of it, especially with your name inside :)

My Josey has a much better feel for me than my model M ever did...I bought it new back in the early 70's as a favor for a friend who said he'd get a really good deal if he bought two....he got 'em for $125.00 each.
Here's some pics I took with my not so good point & shoot...the Palmer is original everything, even the tips. Shortly after buying it, I quit playing for a few decades because of work, raising a kid, etc.

But honestly..I do NOT like the hit of this Palmer. Sure is pretty though.

Attachments

• DSCN0194.jpg
    DSCN0194.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 300
  • DSCN0193.jpg
    DSCN0193.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 298
  • DSCN0191.jpg
    DSCN0191.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 300

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
I'm surprised I don't see TAD cues come up much in this thread. I've never hit with one but everyone kept talking them up on here I figured they were amazing.

ramzfan

Ginacue Collector
1. Ginacue
2. Ginacue
3. Ginacue
I know it sounds dull but I have never played a better cue than a Gina, and I've played with some real nice cues.

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Most popular are...

Old southwest
Josey
Rick Howard

I tabulated the results of this thread...
of the almost 100 different cues mentioned, those chosen most were, in order of preference:

Southwest
Joss
Scruggs
Schon
Meucci
Searing
Tascarella
Szamboti
Joss West

The models of each of the above tended to be the older versions.

marknyc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ron Haley
Rosewood on rosewood 4 pointer with ivory joint. Best playing cue I have ever laid my hands on.

Blackcreek
Ebony 4 pointer in my avatar (ivory joint). This one is a close second.

Lambros
Ebony 4 pointer, phenolic joint.

Maq1679

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cues

The 3 best hitting cues I have ever played with:
1. My ivory jointed Gus Szamboti
2. My Burton Spain
3. An ivory jointed custom Schon from the early 80's that I unfortunately sold
I would go with those but I would also have to add Barry Szamboti and Joel Hercek