Top 3 best playing cues you have played.

Bill Yerd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
List in order of preference please.
Reason for choice would be appreciated, but not required.

Mine:
Blue Grass Old School Rosewood Hustler.
Had a similar hit to a new school BG Hustler but I liked the slightly narrower shaft.

New School Blue Grass Bocote Hustler.
Hit better than any of the 5 fancier BG cues I owned.

Pat Diveney Ebony Butterfly cue with Lakewood shaft and epoxy 3/8x11 pin.
Hit very similar to the BG Hustler. If I was blind, you could have told me it was a Blue Grass Hustler and I would have believed you.

I've played cues from over 40 different and well respected cue makers.
These 3 cues cost me over $30,000 to discover

atthecat

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1. Tascarella that is my current player the one I'm keeping! 3/8 10 pin with and Ivory Joint. The wrap is the real tight and thin linen. The cue has an old school feel but has more of a balanced feel. Cue just sits in your hands right!
Shafts are amazing. I didn't have to adjust deflection wise like I did with other shafts. You can see pictures of this cue in my signature.

2. Gus Szamboti- Didn't own this cue but played with it a few times. Typical Gus specs. Felt fantastic, but still not the same as my Tascarella.

3. 1974 Joss w Micarta Joint and 3/8 10 pin. Raist Chin's old Joss. A little more front heavy than the Tasc or Gus but really nice! Sold this cue, but I still use a 70's Joss as a back up cue.

Patrick

1 Pocket Addict
Silver Member
Joss, gold letter era
McDermott D Series
1960's/1970's Dufferin Sneaky Pete

Patrick

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dale Perry (from 2000 not ebay)
Predator Roadline
Cuetec from 1998 ....I'm being serious. It is a great player.

Bill Yerd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1. Tascarella that is my current player the one I'm keeping! 3/8 10 pin with and Ivory Joint. The wrap is the real tight and thin linen. The cue has an old school feel but has more of a balanced feel. Cue just sits in your hands right!
Shafts are amazing. I didn't have to adjust deflection wise like I did with other shafts. You can see pictures of this cue in my signature.

2. Gus Szamboti- Didn't own this cue but played with it a few times. Typical Gus specs. Felt fantastic, but still not the same as my Tascarella.

3. 1974 Joss w Micarta Joint and 3/8 10 pin. Raist Chin's old Joss. A little more front heavy than the Tasc or Gus but really nice! Sold this cue, but I still use a 70's Joss as a back up cue.
Are the 70's Joss' better than the current offerings?

DavidMNienow

Glamour Dave
Silver Member
My Top 3 Cue are the following:

Coker w/Ivory joint. I use it for my Straight Pool and One Pocket playing. I love the soft hit I get with this cue through the joint.

Phillipi w/SS joint. I use this cue for all my 8-ball playing. The shafts have real long tapers and the cue is light in weight. It just gives a nice natural assist in my stroke. I have won more tournys with the cue than anything else I have ever shot with.

McDermott Dubliner COM edition. I have this cue set at 18.5 oz with a 12.75mm standard McDermott shaft. This cue is my principal cue for all my 9-ball playing. It really moves the cue ball around the table very nicely when I need it too, and it breaks the balls great as well.

Bill Yerd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dale Perry (from 2000 not ebay)
Predator Roadline
Cuetec from 1998 ....I'm being serious. It is a great player.

What is the difference in feel/playabpity of the Pre eBay dp's compared to the eBay era dp's? I had a couple $480 eBay dp's and thought they were decent, but not my fav ever.

blucollar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tascarella with phenolic joint..great resonating hit and perfect balance
James White with ivory joint, again nice resonating hit
Dale Perry, $150 ebay cue..thing hit amazing..i really hate to admit this bit is is a FACT..maynot be the best execution as far as workmanship and materials but this particular one played lights out

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kevin Varney-awesome cue,solid as a rock,sold one to my buddy.I just got another great one though.Superb players!!

Layani-another great cue with a unique joint but a really great player.

Predator cues in general-have had great success with Predators or just
using there shafts.Right now I have one on a Pechauer butt and it
feels superb.

When it comes to custom cues, I like plainer cues even though some of the
fancy ones look great.For my style of play and how a cue plays,if I could
only play with one cue,it would be with a Varney,just feels right to me.

digitalcrack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best feeling cues with performance (I like a softer hit)
1. Myron Nakamura 4 point cue full ivory radial with ob-1 shaft
2. Tim Scruggs Bocote Sneaky with phenolic joint with 12 mm shaft (Schmelke blank ones)
3. Bill McDaniel cue with 3/8x10 full ivory with 314-2 30 inch shaft

Best pure striking cues (Purely based on how well it moves the cueball)
1. 1993 Schon 6 point cue with pre-cat shaft
2. Ed Prewitt Purpleheart Sneaky Pete
3. Southwest 1989ish purpleheart satin 19 ounces