top player spot on wich table??

wich type of table would you play a top player on getting a spot in 9 ball??

• tight pocket

Votes: 43 52.4%
  • big pocket

Votes: 39 47.6%

• Total voters

Mike Templeton

Confidence........
Silver Member
Southpaw said:
I watched SVB give Tony Watson and Troy Frank the 8 on a tripple shimmed diamond in Atlanta last year and he stone cold ROBBED both of them. He beat Tony out of $6k @ $500/ game and he beat Troy 8 ahead in about 2 1/2 hrs for $4000. Now do you honestly think that they would not have had a better chance on a looser table? They couldnt get out so the spot was basically obselete, but on a looser table the spot comes into play more.

Southpaw
Maybe that's true when you get to that level. I know that if I'm playing someone that makes a fair game with me, and I give the 6 out, I want to be able to run out as much as possible.

BPG24

Banned
Southpaw said:
I watched SVB give Tony Watson and Troy Frank the 8 on a tripple shimmed diamond in Atlanta last year and he stone cold ROBBED both of them. He beat Tony out of $6k @ $500/ game and he beat Troy 8 ahead in about 2 1/2 hrs for $4000. Now do you honestly think that they would not have had a better chance on a looser table? They couldnt get out so the spot was basically obselete, but on a looser table the spot comes into play more.

Southpaw

The 8 ball is not much of a spot when you are talking about top players...
It's almost nothing... The lessor player should not have agreed to take the game... That's bad gambling...

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
BPG24 said:
It's almost nothing... The lessor player should not have agreed to take the game... That's bad gambling...

They took the game thinking they were gonna get more shots because he would miss more.......and they paid for thinking that. Just like any lesser player would have. The spot didnt matter. They did get shots, but they couldnt run out like they would have on a looser table.

Southpaw

BPG24

Banned
Southpaw said:
They took the game thinking they were gonna get more shots because he would miss more.......and they paid for thinking that. Just like any lesser player would have. The spot didnt matter. They did get shots, but they couldnt run out like they would have on a looser table.

Southpaw

Ya, that was my point exactly... The 8 doesn't matter at all...

They matched up wrong.... Bad Gambling

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
BPG24 said:

lol, the title of this thread is "TOP PLAYER spot on which table" and asks which table you'd prefer to get a spot on if you were playing a TOP PLAYER. And if you'd prefer to get a spot from a top player on a tight table then you are playing into most of their hands. I can't speak for every top pro, but most of them tend to think alike on shooting related topics and the fact is that every top player I know would prefer to give a spot to a lesser player on a tight table. FACT

Last edited:

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
BPG24 said:
Ya, that was my point exactly... The 8 doesn't matter at all...

They matched up wrong.... Bad Gambling

They could have gotten the 6 and it wouldnt have mattered. But if you think that even though a player like Troy Frank couldnt get there and you can....then there is no hope for you.

Southpaw

BPG24

Banned
Southpaw said:
They could have gotten the 6 and it wouldnt have mattered. But if you think that even though a player like Troy Frank couldnt get there and you can....then there is no hope for you.

Southpaw

WTF are you talking about????????

What you said above has absolutely nothing to do with what we were talking about...

How you got there I have no idea...

For you to say there is no hope for me is Dumb... LMAO

BPG24

Banned
corvette1340 said:
lol, the title of this thread is "TOP PLAYER spot on which table" and asks which table you'd prefer to get a spot on if you were playing a TOP PLAYER. And if you'd prefer to get a spot from a top player on a tight table then you are playing into most of their hands. I can't speak for every top pro, but most of them tend to think alike on shooting related topics and the fact is that every top player I know would prefer to give a spot to a lesser player on a tight table. FACT

I have already said twice that MY MONEY will never be involved against a top pro unless I get all the breaks...

Now you quoted me from a conversation with someone else that has nothing to do with what you have written here... Why I do not know...

I have been gambling my whole life, I know what is best for me... Booking a loser isn't something that has ever happened to me often... If you don't like it, I am sorry...

Last edited:

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
BPG24 said:
I have already said twice that MY MONEY will never be involved against a top pro unless I get all the breaks...

Now you quoted me from a conversation with someone else that has nothing to do with what you have written here... Why I do not know...

I have been gambling my whole life, I know what is best for me... Booking a loser isn't something that has ever happened to me often... If you don't like it, I am sorry...

Apparently English 101 is something else that has never ever happened to you often as well.

JLW

Dunder Mifflin Salesman
Silver Member
Perk said:
Personally I would go with the bigger pockets. A top player is going to hit the center of the pocket in most cases regardless, however I would like to know I can cheat the pockets if needed or if I dont hit a shot pure that it still might fall. When I play a better player, the last thing I need is to rattle a few shots due to tight pockets. IMO
My thoughts exactly.

BPG24

Banned
corvette1340 said:
Apparently English 101 is something else that has never ever happened to you often as well.

So do you have a point or are you just being a Bi***?

Nevermind we all know the answer

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
BPG24 said:
So do you have a point or are you just being a Bi***?

Nevermind we all know the answer

lol, don't get mad man, just keep on doing your thing. Or maybe, keep on ever doing your thing often in your case.

BPG24

Banned
corvette1340 said:
lol, don't get mad man, just keep on doing your thing. Or maybe, keep on ever doing your thing often in your case.

There is a big difference between not knowing how to phrase something, and making a mistake due to changing what you were saying, and not going back to fix it...

Proof reading is a good thing... A good thing that i could have done...

However, you being a dick and butting in where you weren't needed is another story... Especially when you act like you have never made a mistake... You are not perfect, maybe when you grow up, you will realize it

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
LOL...how did a great debate turn into a name calling contest? Maybe this forum should be 18 and older. :D

Southpaw

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
BPG24 said:
There is a big difference between not knowing how to phrase something, and making a mistake due to changing what you were saying, and not going back to fix it...

Proof reading is a good thing... A good thing that i could have done...

However, you being a dick and butting in where you weren't needed is another story... Especially when you act like you have never made a mistake... You are not perfect, maybe when you grow up, you will realize it

damn, your next post will be #1000. Don't mess it up.

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Southpaw said:
LOL...how did a great debate turn into a name calling contest? Maybe this forum should be 18 and older. :D

Southpaw

its not a name calling contest when only one poster is doing the name calling.

BPG24

Banned
Southpaw said:

Southpaw

I agree...

In fact it was all good until your post about how there is no hope for me..
Which had absolutely nothing to do with what we were arguing about...

Then others want to join in... Funny how that works

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
BPG24 said:
I agree...

In fact it was all good until your post about how there is no hope for me..
Which had absolutely nothing to do with what we were arguing about...

Then others want to join in... Funny how that works

it had everything to do with the thread. You think that a high level pro player like Troy Frank cant match up as good as you can. If you honestly believe that...then theres no hope for you.

Southpaw

BPG24

Banned
Southpaw said:
it had everything to do with the thread. You think that a high level pro player like Troy Frank cant match up as good as you can. If you honestly believe that...then theres no hope for you.

Southpaw

No, see you have no idea what you are talking about...

I was saying that the 8 ball isn't much of a spot between great players... It is almost no spot...

And if SVB or whoever gave a player that is not as good as him the 8 ball, he is a monster favorite...

The other guy, who ever he may be, should know better...
therefore he matched up wrong...

And you were out of line saying what you said... Period

Southpaw

Swing away, Meril....
Silver Member
BPG24 said:
No, see you have no idea what you are talking about...

I was saying that the 8 ball isn't much of a spot between great players... It is almost no spot...

And if SVB or whoever gave a player that is not as good as him the 8 ball, he is a monster favorite...

The other guy, who ever he may be, should know better...
therefore he matched up wrong...

And you were out of line saying what you said... Period

I can have a mature and intellectual debate about a topic on a public forum without resorting to calling people who do not agree with me names. So, you are gonna have a tough time convincing me that I was out of line. By the way, this makes 2 threads where you have done your best to "ignite" problems. The other is your B/S/T thread. I will continue to have a debate about this thread with you, but Im not getting into a mud slinging contest....you can be the winner of that.

Southpaw