Tournament square LED Light is finally installed

danomano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Right now I plugged the light into a remote control outlet to remote control turn it on/off. I believe with a dimmer function remote control outlet, it can be dimable. I will check it out.
any word on whether the dimmer works with this yet?

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry if I missed it, but what is the weight for the 9' model?

Also, what does it come with vs what additional items would be needed to complete the install?

songj2096

pool is not dead
Sorry if I missed it, but what is the weight for the 9' model?

Also, what does it come with vs what additional items would be needed to complete the install?
9ft package weight is 17lb, led light itself is around 14lb. The package comes with everything for installation except a electric tape for wiring.

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9ft package weight is 17lb, led light itself is around 14lb. The package comes with everything for installation except a electric tape for wiring.
Thanks. A few more questions, if you don't mind:

1) What ceiling heights does the provided equipment support? What options are there for people with ceilings too high? (My ceiling in particular would probably be about 12' off the floor)

2) Does the provided equipment support installation into cathedral ceilings? That is, ceilings that are slanted, not parallel with the floor. If not, what options do people have?

3) Is the provided equipment intended for installation into studs/joists, or into sheetrock, or either?

4) Is it possible for the light to be installed around an existing, standard light? It is a recent diamond light, if that's important. I currently have a light for my table and would not want to get rid of it until I've tried this one, and probably would not want to uninstall it, either, if possible. Also, I might just keep it and have a super-lit table :)

Thanks.

songj2096

pool is not dead
Thanks. A few more questions, if you don't mind:

1) What ceiling heights does the provided equipment support? What options are there for people with ceilings too high? (My ceiling in particular would probably be about 12' off the floor)

2) Does the provided equipment support installation into cathedral ceilings? That is, ceilings that are slanted, not parallel with the floor. If not, what options do people have?

3) Is the provided equipment intended for installation into studs/joists, or into sheetrock, or either?

4) Is it possible for the light to be installed around an existing, standard light? It is a recent diamond light, if that's important. I currently have a light for my table and would not want to get rid of it until I've tried this one, and probably would not want to uninstall it, either, if possible. Also, I might just keep it and have a super-lit table :)

Thanks.
1) recommand height for LED light is 75''-85'' from the floor. The suspension wire come with light is 78'' long, so ceiling can be as high as 160''.

2) Can be mounted into a slanted ceilings, since each suspension wire length can be adjusted. take a photo of your ceiling, I can draw a pic to show you how it will work.

3) With the part come with the pkg, it can be installed into either joist or sheetrock/concrete.

4) It depends on the height of your diamond light. If your original light is too low, it will block the light from your new LED light.

Rocket354

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
1) recommand height for LED light is 75''-85'' from the floor. The suspension wire come with light is 78'' long, so ceiling can be as high as 160''.

2) Can be mounted into a slanted ceilings, since each suspension wire length can be adjusted. take a photo of your ceiling, I can draw a pic to show you how it will work.

3) With the part come with the pkg, it can be installed into either joist or sheetrock/concrete.

4) It depends on the height of your diamond light. If your original light is too low, it will block the light from your new LED light.
Thanks. My diamond light is 78" from the floor, so sounds like it should work. Can you give me the dimensions, interior and exterior of the light? I'm wondering if it will fully fit around my light, which is 102" long.

songj2096

pool is not dead
Thanks. My diamond light is 78" from the floor, so sounds like it should work. Can you give me the dimensions, interior and exterior of the light? I'm wondering if it will fully fit around my light, which is 102" long.
I made this light fit perfectly for standard Diamond/brunswick table. I believe mine has better dimension than predator light, which will have less shadow under the rail.

Here are specs for 9ft light.
Outside: 135cm x 260cm (53.15'' x 102.36'')
Inside: 121cm x 246cm (47.64'' x 96.85'')
LED pannel width: 7cm (2.76'')
Height: 3cm (1.18'')

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I installed mine yesterday:

new_table_lights.JPG

The brightness and uniform coverage is amazing compared to my old 3-light fixture. I looks a lot brighter in person than the photo implies. I was able to mount it close to the ceiling above the table, so I also now have more clearance and more camera angle possibilities. And now that there is nothing over the middle of the table anymore, it is time to get an overhead camera. Anybody have any recommendations for this?

Thanks.

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
Damn y'all gonna make me buy one, lol. Wondering about replacement parts and availability if something happens down the road as well. PM sent also!

songj2096

pool is not dead
I installed mine yesterday:

The brightness and uniform coverage is amazing compared to my old 3-light fixture. I looks a lot brighter in person than the photo implies. I was able to mount it close to the ceiling above the table, so I also now have more clearance and more camera angle possibilities. And now that there is nothing over the middle of the table anymore, it is time to get an overhead camera. Anybody have any recommendations for this?

Thanks.
Maybe a GOPRO for the overhead camera? the mounting part for GOPRO is easy to get as well.