Tournament videos showing players' heart rates

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's a pool tournament right now in Bucharest Romania being streamed on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/idmpooltour/

Mark Gray is playing as I post this.

They must have gotten the players to wear some kind of heart rate monitor, because they're showing their heart rates on the screen as they play. They seem to be updated by the second.

Here's SVB playing someone I've never heard of, but the heart rate on the left side of the screen is for the player whose seat is on the left (SVB) and the right one for the other guy.
Screen Shot 2019-03-22.jpg

I've never seen that before, and it's kinda entertaining to watch. Does anyone know any more about what they're using? Fitbit maybe? It seems like everyone is doing it, so they must have required it as part of the tournament.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cool.

I did an event once and saw mine at 126.

Highest I can get on a bike now is about 175 and my resting is about 40...and I am at 52bpm right now.

There's a pool tournament right now in Bucharest Romania being streamed on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/idmpooltour/

They must have gotten the players to wear some kind of heart rate monitor, because they're showing their heart rates on the screen as they play. They seem to be updated by the second.

Here's SVB playing someone I've never heard of, but the heart rate on the left side of the screen is for the player whose seat is on the left (SVB) and the right one for the other guy.
View attachment 515876

I've never seen that before, and it's kinda entertaining to watch. Does anyone know any more about what they're using? Fitbit maybe? It seems like everyone is doing it, so they must have required it as part of the tournament.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 515876

I asked on the stream. They have a wrist monitor linked to the phone by the scoreboard. Pretty cool to watch.

Denis The Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is great to see the players heartrate. This event marks the return of Mario He. Also in attendance is Jason Shaw, Klaci, to name a few. Thanks for the link.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is great to see the players heartrate. This event marks the return of Mario He. Also in attendance is Jason Shaw, Klaci, to name a few. Thanks for the link.
Good thing they didn't have this back in the day. With all the chemical-warfare goin' on heart rates would have been a TAD higher than seen here. ;)

Denis The Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good thing they didn't have this back in the day. With all the chemical-warfare goin' on heart rates would have been a TAD higher than seen here. ;)

Ya some of those 20 plus hr matches may have shown dangerously high heart rates!!!

Denis The Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
256 player field, SVB listed as Shane Bo. Why did SVB not play the Scotty Townsend event. By how Alex did, it was definitely worth it!!

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
256 player field, SVB listed as Shane Bo. Why did SVB not play the Scotty Townsend event. By how Alex did, it was definitely worth it!!

Shane probably got an appearance fee. 1st place is only 3000 euro. Fly to Romania, to play In a field that has Shaw, Gorst, Kaci, Alex Kazakis, Mario, Neil's, etc.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane probably got an appearance fee. 1st place is only 3000 euro. Fly to Romania, to play In a field that has Shaw, Gorst, Kaci, Alex Kazakis, Mario, Neil's, etc.

He's a jet setter.

Some experiences are worth more than their cost...when you keeps money, you can make such choices.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With two big events coming up in Vegas he might have just wanted a big-table tune-up. Just a guess on my part.

Denis The Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You are probably right. Alex made 50k At Scotty memorial. SVB is as good as Alex I think so he may have had a shot at it. That is if SVB bought himself in Calcutta as Alex did.

Svb maybe enjoying change of Scenery!

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member

Yeah, Keith would asked " how high you what it"?. 235? check.

I'd like to see Earl monitored 24-7, and put it on Netflix.

Come to think of it, I'd like to see POTUS on that biatch.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And it's funny that Mario He is playing because he got in trouble for a drug that could lower his heart rate. Now we get to see for ourselves.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are probably right. Alex made 50k At Scotty memorial. SVB is as good as Alex I think so he may have had a shot at it. That is if SVB bought himself in Calcutta as Alex did.

Svb maybe enjoying change of Scenery!

I think Shane would have been the clear favorite (based on fargorate) at the Memorial tourney. I do wonder what exactly the incentive package is from his various sponsors, in addition to an appearance fee and what I assume is comped accommodations...

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Interesting. Shane at 75, opponent at 99.

Shane: "well, just another match."

Opponent: "OMG! I'm playing SHANE!"