Tournaments around Alexandria va

foxcues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im going to be in the area for a few weeks and would like to know places to play and tournaments.thanks

5am

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You've got Lucy's pool hall and restaurant in Shirlington, right next to old town Alexandria. If there are local tournaments, they'll know something. Fast Eddie's in Springfield (south of old town just outside the beltway) has action on Sunday's. There's also a 9-ball tourney every Sunday afternoon at the Galaxy Billiards Cafe in Silver Spring, MD.

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Im going to be in the area for a few weeks and would like to know places to play and tournaments.thanks

First Break Thursday Night Tournaments in Sterling, VA, not too far from Alexandria maybe 15 -20 miles.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
First Break Thursday Night Tournaments in Sterling, VA, not too far from Alexandria maybe 15 -20 miles.

There is nothig going on near DC, honestly.

Crystal City Sports Pub had a bar-box event years ago- that is near Alexandria.

First Break in Sterling is only ~20 mi away, but it is a brutal drive from Alexandria in afternoon rush hour.

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is nothig going on near DC, honestly.

Crystal City Sports Pub had a bar-box event years ago- that is near Alexandria.

First Break in Sterling is only ~20 mi away, but it is a brutal drive from Alexandria in afternoon rush hour.

The Crystal City Sports Pub tournament was good back in 2001, but is long dead. Rock-it Grill in Old Town used to have a Sunday PM tourney, but I have no idea if that's still going.

While good tourneys are scarce, you can get free pool during the day with purchase of food/drink at both of your two closest options: Lucy's and Fast Eddie's in Springfield (don't go to the Alexandria Fast Eddies). You might be able to find a one-on-one tournament at one of those two places, much more likely at Fast Eddie's in Springfield.

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member

Just an update, FoxCues is in the area and came out to our 9 Ball Tournament Last Night. Fantastic person and a Great Player!!! Definite asset to AZBilliards Community, and someone I'd call a Friend thanks for coming through please come back anytime your in the area. When I make it to Florida I'm definitely going to look for you to show me the area.

Black Cat :cool: