Triangle and Triumph Tips

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was a die-hard triangle user and installer but got very tired of having very few from a box actually make it to the table. This is not a plug for a product, but will say I now use Ultra skin Ivory Med personally and install those and the softs ....same if not better grip and every tip I put on is the same....no waste. In my opinion, the Tweeten company doesn't really give 2 sh%ts, otherwise they would have not let the quality drop like they did. Just look at the date stamp from the first post to now...does it really take that long to improve the quality of your product if you really cared? I gave up waiting and found a very comparable, VERY consistent tip to replace them with and the $ amount is not a big difference and I have no customer comebacks for bad tips, instead I have happy customers, and I am happy with my shooting too.
Dave

Agree with almost everything in your post. The two shits is the only one I would say might be unfair. And you could say their lack of knowledge that they had a problem may be proof of that as well. All I know is the guy I've been talking to/ trying to help by installing test tips, seems very motivated to fix this issue. I had the same issue you had with installs, and got so frustrated that I called em. They didn't seem to know what I was talking about. I didn't believe it at first, because, no way could I be the first to complain about it. These guys don't install tips, and I doubt they play much either, but I would have thought folks were raising hell.
Talked to my guy Friday. He said raw materials have been a big issue for them, especially since covid. Finding good leather wasn't as easy, but shipping had gone through the roof. 400% increase in air freight so they are having to use boat. Time is much longer to receive, but they just received a large shipment last week, so I'm hoping they are able to come through. I think they will be called Triangle Premium Pros. Keeping my fingers crossed, but I agree. It's been a good while on the testing, and getting it in our hands. Just would like to have a decent entry level non layered tip to offer to my customers.

63Kcode

AKA Larry Vigus
Silver Member
Agree with almost everything in your post. The two shits is the only one I would say might be unfair. And you could say their lack of knowledge that they had a problem may be proof of that as well. All I know is the guy I've been talking to/ trying to help by installing test tips, seems very motivated to fix this issue. I had the same issue you had with installs, and got so frustrated that I called em. They didn't seem to know what I was talking about. I didn't believe it at first, because, no way could I be the first to complain about it. These guys don't install tips, and I doubt they play much either, but I would have thought folks were raising hell.
Talked to my guy Friday. He said raw materials have been a big issue for them, especially since covid. Finding good leather wasn't as easy, but shipping had gone through the roof. 400% increase in air freight so they are having to use boat. Time is much longer to receive, but they just received a large shipment last week, so I'm hoping they are able to come through. I think they will be called Triangle Premium Pros. Keeping my fingers crossed, but I agree. It's been a good while on the testing, and getting it in our hands. Just would like to have a decent entry level non layered tip to offer to my customers.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. The test tips I tried were excellent. I am so looking forward to getting good triangles again. They used to be my favorite. The fact that it's taking so long, to me, seems like they are taking the problems seriously. If not they would just say" it's fixed" and move on.

Larry

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for taking the time to do this. The test tips I tried were excellent. I am so looking forward to getting good triangles again. They used to be my favorite. The fact that it's taking so long, to me, seems like they are taking the problems seriously. If not they would just say" it's fixed" and move on.

Larry

Thanks Larry for the vote of confidence! Will let you know as soon as I hear anything!

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Standing by for the release of the new, hopefully improved, product.

Thanks,
Keith
The lock down of Britain is keeping material from getting to the factory. Also having to ship by boat instead of air has driven up their cost like 400%. What a year...

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The lock down of Britain is keeping material from getting to the factory. Also having to ship by boat instead of air has driven up their cost like 400%. What a year...
Are we talking about Tweeten? They get leather from Britain?

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
to me, this is a dead end...they had a chance over a year ago to udo what they had become, and even delivered some prototypes ..... but they did nothing since, and looks like they have no intention of making a great product like they used to. I look at it as, If the big bosses cared, they wouldn't have slipped and made junk for the last 5-10 yrs......their business model is to do what they have been and that's it! I think some of their employees have gone the extra mile, but got shut down by the higher ups.
Dave

Rimfirejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
to me, this is a dead end...they had a chance over a year ago to udo what they had become, and even delivered some prototypes ..... but they did nothing since, and looks like they have no intention of making a great product like they used to. I look at it as, If the big bosses cared, they wouldn't have slipped and made junk for the last 5-10 yrs......their business model is to do what they have been and that's it! I think some of their employees have gone the extra mile, but got shut down by the higher ups.
Dave

I guess I’ll stick with WB or dog duds.

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dave
Yeah, I can't argue with ya. I too think it's been too long, and can only hope they correct this soon. Really like their proto-type. Would be a shame if it doesn't come to fruition. Hoping to post good news someday. Sorry if I let y'all down with my optimism.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I can't argue with ya. I too think it's been too long, and can only hope they correct this soon. Really like their proto-type. Would be a shame if it doesn't come to fruition. Hoping to post good news someday. Sorry if I let y'all down with my optimism.
You didn't let anyone down. I tried to. I gave up.
Tiger Everest is in the ball park. I just wish Tony at Tiger would take that STUPID dyed red leather out of the middle of the tips where the tip usually plays the best.
CAN'T FIX STUPID.

Palmetto cue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You didn't let anyone down. I tried to. I gave up.
Tiger Everest is in the ball park. I just wish Tony at Tiger would take that STUPID dyed red leather out of the middle of the tips where the tip usually plays the best.
CAN'T FIX STUPID.
Thanks Mike! I'm still hopeful, but we'll have to see.

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Palmetto cue, Howdy;

Reminds me, sadly, of trying to get a cue fixed at Meucci. A 20 minute fix that took a year and a half to get my
cue back. Turns out they screwed mine up and didn't want to admit to it, kept putting me off in hopes I'd forget
all about it. I don't know the World where something that costs over 600 bucks is forgettable and you just move on.

hank