True or False?

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Misses

Most misses come from just not paying attention enough to the shot, or trying to do too much with the shot for position on the next ball.

When I first started playing, I worked on making shots. Then after Jimmy Caras told me personally that controlling the cue ball was 70% of the game, I worked intensely on cue ball control by doing this:

I mentally divided the cue ball with 4 rows down and 3 columns. I practiced with each shot I shot using 12 different types of English, and watched the cue ball, where it went, speed control, etc.. Pretty soon, I was getting pretty good control for position play. Yes, I actually shot the same shot 12 times for each practice ball I shot.

I then went back to work on my aiming some more, being able to use different types of english on the shots, and learning how to throw the shot with english, spin shots, draw shots, stun shots, etc..

After that I worked on banking and knowing my rails. Safety play came in much later.

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Would you say this statement is true or false? If you can rack 15 balls and break and run out w/o missing two times or more, there is probably nothing at all wrong with your AIM. The few times you miss is because of something you did or didn’t do in your PSR, you tried to do too much with the shot (shoot too hard/cheat too much of the pocket/use too much juice, played poor position (making the shot very hard), ball skidded, mental error, or a ton of other stuff. I say in almost everyone’s case this statement is true. My point is if you can make that amount of balls w/o missing...work on other parts of your game. Johnnyt

good post johnny, hope your well brother

and randy thats a hands up on my end from what you mentioned about position..........great stuff

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Would you say this statement is true or false? If you can rack 15 balls and break and run out w/o missing two times or more, there is probably nothing at all wrong with your AIM. The few times you miss is because of something you did or didn’t do in your PSR, you tried to do too much with the shot (shoot too hard/cheat too much of the pocket/use too much juice, played poor position (making the shot very hard), ball skidded, mental error, or a ton of other stuff. I say in almost everyone’s case this statement is true. My point is if you can make that amount of balls w/o missing...work on other parts of your game. Johnnyt