Turning Stone

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this does not work.

not for me, i give up, same trouble last time, untill someone posted a working link link that has a picture and a red LIVE botton on the screen.
Also in case you can't see the video Al put this on there for you :p

you can support:
Al.jpg

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Even today Earl pockets balls with ease. Too bad mentally he is gone. Otherwise he'd be a top 20 player in the world. IMO.
After the match, I think Earl said that Jayson is miserable playing pool. Probably something to do with Jayson not being happy with Earl's racking.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So why was SVB a forfeit? He say the hell with it after Sossei's usual Turning Stone bs racking routine?

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
So why was SVB a forfeit? He say the hell with it after Sossei's usual Turning Stone bs racking routine?
On the stream, they just said that SVB has to be in the Philippines in a couple of days and decided he'd rather have some time off before that than play more at Turning Stone. Kind of strange.

I'm aware of 3 matches he has in the Philippines starting on Sept. 8. Anyone aware of an earlier obligation?

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who's left? I can't understand the tournament brackets. I think this is it.

Donny Mills is having a very good tournament. He plays Mika Immonen next on the winner's side, and that should be a good one.

Earl is still in it to win it on the B side and plays Bucky Souvanthong. Bucky always plays well at this event.

Jesse Engel v. Aaron Greenwood on the B side of the chart.

Jayson Shaw plays Jimmy Rivera on the winners side. Aside from Earl and Danny Hewitt, Jayson's journey so far has not be too difficult, who he's had to play. I haven't seen Dannny's name in tournaments lately, so I'm not sure how he's hitting 'em today. Danny is a tough competitor, a grinder.

It is surprising to see Shane forfeit, but I understand his reasoning with his obligation to play in Philippines. He was on the B side of the chart anyway, with Jeremy Sossei defeating him. If Shane had stayed on the winners side, he might have stuck it out. Maybe not.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard Shane quit over a shooting foul he saw Sossei commit, with his shirt on a ball.

We all know how much that sucks because the shooter doesn't usually know they fouled and the opponent can't really make the call.

I can see Shane quitting "because he had a place to catch". He could have won from the losers side or place top 4 easily.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good to see a local kid playing so well especially since he isn’t a full time pool player. If Donny can get by Mika that would be a hell a hell of a run for him, and who knows maybe he can get one or two more breaks and win this thing.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From a video posted on FB, it looks like Earl got into an argument with Bucky over Earl cupping the pocket to catch a potential scratch on the break.

Ģüśţāṿ

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the stream, they just said that SVB has to be in the Philippines in a couple of days and decided he'd rather have some time off before that than play more at Turning Stone. Kind of strange.

I'm aware of 3 matches he has in the Philippines starting on Sept. 8. Anyone aware of an earlier obligation?
You have around 30 hours of travel, plus getting accustomed to the time zone change. I think heading there early would be the smart move.