Turning Stone

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Earl grabbed cueball as it went in pocket....not allowed in Zuglans world.

It's a concession...
Loss of that game and your opponent breaks.

Bucky called him on it....and he quit the set at 4 to 4.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member

It's a concession...

I don't think the cue ball actually went into the pocket, I think it jawed and stayed out.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It's a concession...

he looked to have been on tilt well before that..

JustPlay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm surprise Donny Mills didn't concede the match at 10-5. It's apparent he's either really tired or just doesn't want to play anymore.

mrpiper

Registered
Wow what a solid win for Jason Shaw! He just makes it look so effortless! 13/5 This was his 8th win at Turning Stone!

mattb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm surprise Donny Mills didn't concede the match at 10-5. It's apparent he's either really tired or just doesn't want to play anymore.
After watching the cry baby Shaw constantly complain about the rack I would have hit him with my cue. I didn‘t get past the first few games before I was done with the racking BS, I hope it got better. I am convinced Shaw is the next Earl Strickland When it comes to whining and crying.

I can see the headlines now “Shaw gives Earl the wild 7 in bitching and moaning in a race to 100, wins by a landslide and neither ever hits a ball.”

I also do not understand why they can’t have a ref rack the balls in the last few games of a tournament instead.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After watching the cry baby Shaw constantly complain about the rack I would have hit him with my cue. I didn‘t get past the first few games before I was done with the racking BS, I hope it got better. I am convinced Shaw is the next Earl Strickland When it comes to whining and crying.

I can see the headlines now “Shaw gives Earl the wild 7 in bitching and moaning in a race to 100, wins by a landslide and neither ever hits a ball.”

I also do not understand why they can’t have a ref rack the balls in the last few games of a tournament instead.
I agree about the racking nonsense. I enjoy watching Shaw play, but rerack after rerack is terrible for the fans, some type of rule needs to be put in place- no checking the rack or use a template. Otherwise it is farcical- the turning stone racking championship

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the racking bs is endemic to the tournament as a whole. i don't think jayson is extreme, but you'll notice him more since he tends to be the one breaking with winner breaks. surely this wasn't the vision zuglan once had.. i mean loser racks is supposed to showcase trust. this is the opposite.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
the racking bs is endemic to the tournament as a whole. i don't think jayson is extreme, but you'll notice him more since he tends to be the one breaking with winner breaks. surely this wasn't the vision zuglan once had.. i mean loser racks is supposed to showcase trust. this is the opposite.
Never seen this phrased this way... You're right but unfortunately it's misguided. How many times have we seen someone rerack for their opponent in a big tourney if they offer up a slug the first time...? It's up to the breaker to ensure they get a good one. If they don't they can only blame themselves.

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its a league event dressed up as a big Pro event and not dressed very well. Endemic to it is correct. Year after year the same exact thing. It will be the same exact comments on here next time too. I'm surprised no one on here has responded back with the usual defense of the almighty Zug yet. Shortly...

NY, NY, NY. LMFAO

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Why not just let them both rack the way they want to and let the opponent figure it out.
Only grooming requirement, make sure the top 3 balls are touching.

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow what a solid win for Jason Shaw! He just makes it look so effortless! 13/5 This was his 8th win at Turning Stone!
Shaw’ making his opponents re-rack over and over is sharking as far as I’m concerned. I lost a lot of respect for him. I don’t care how “professional“ he thinks he is, the jerk came out.

Last edited: