Tyler/Billy Thorpe drama

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any news about these two matching up? I’m a Tyler fan, I don’t think he plays that slow.

Attachments

• 5583F8B4-990E-4F89-9D3B-B7F3EFD3BE43.jpeg
    5583F8B4-990E-4F89-9D3B-B7F3EFD3BE43.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 766
  • 0676E0C7-4686-46EE-9290-BC8067386065.jpeg
    0676E0C7-4686-46EE-9290-BC8067386065.jpeg
    89 KB · Views: 769

catscratch

Registered
Tyler should have been on the Mosconi team IMO. I would love to see this matchup, race to 100, 10 ball. Love to see Justin from TAR put it on in a pool room or something. Nice to see the woofing, this is better than ufc ;)

sparkle84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any news about these two matching up? I’m a Tyler fan, I don’t think he plays that slow.
The only guy slower is (maybe) Deluna but at least he's a way better player. Both of them are incredibly boring. Even if you paid me I wouldn't watch either one of them. BORING.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I hope Tyler takes a shot at Billy being single.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In a long race on a standard table, Tyler has the edge. Especially if he can go as slow as he wants.

If these guys really want to play, it will be easy to negotiate a game...if they don't play it's because one...or both...really doesn't want to play.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In a long race on a standard table, Tyler has the edge. Especially if he can go as slow as he wants.

If these guys really want to play, it will be easy to negotiate a game...if they don't play it's because one...or both...really doesn't want to play.

Billy really doesn’t want to play.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Tyler recently got married about some husband wife matches.

The current generation of pool players seem all married up. Turn pool into a family event.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its looks clownish that the U.S pros trash each other on social media. And pro pool pays less than corn hole because?
Folks are not exactly lining up waiting to watch pros in tuxedos politely challenge each other to a friendly game. And I am not sure where you got that cornhole players are making more money than pool players. Here is a quick bit of research on the topic.

From cornholece.com: Education on corn hole, click here.

Professional cornhole players make $5,000 to $25,000 per year.​

Professional cornhole players make between $5,000 and $25,000 per cornhole season. Cornhole players make money from sponsorships, endorsements, and from tournament purses. Some cornhole players can make more than this range but is very rare.

How much do cornhole players make from sponsorships?​

The average professional cornhole player makes $5,000 from cornhole sponsorships. Sponsors pay to be featured on the cornhole player’s jersey. The cost to sponsor the player depends on which spot on the jersey you want to pay for. Professional cornhole jersey typically consist of one main sponsor and four mini sponsors. The cost is as follows:
  • $2,000 – Main sponsorship cost
  • $750/each (4 total spots) – Mini Sponsorship Cost
More from CNBC: Full article Link
Cody Henderson is the number one ranked player in the ACL, taking home about $20,000 to $25,000 in prize money last year.

It looks to me like this one pool match could net Billy or Tyler more than the LEADING money winner in cornhole all of last year.

Welder84

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Folks are not exactly lining up waiting to watch pros in tuxedos politely challenge each other to a friendly game. And I am not sure where you got that cornhole players are making more money than pool players. Here is a quick bit of research on the topic.

Professional cornhole players make between $5,000 and $25,000 per cornhole season. Cornhole players make money from sponsorships, endorsements, and from tournament purses. Some cornhole players can make more than this range but is very rare.

The average professional cornhole player makes $5,000 from cornhole sponsorships. Sponsors pay to be featured on the cornhole player’s jersey. The cost to sponsor the player depends on which spot on the jersey you want to pay for. Professional cornhole jersey typically consist of one main sponsor and four mini sponsors. The cost is as follows:
Cody Henderson is the number one ranked player in the ACL, taking home about $20,000 to $25,000 in prize money last year.

It looks to me like this one pool match could net Billy or Tyler more than the LEADING money winner in cornhole all of last year.

My example was slightly t

My example was somewhat tongue and cheek. Our young U.S pool stars are worth more money than (fill in the blank). I also don't have a problem with showmanship.

However calling each other cheats lowers mass spectator interest (in my opinion). So sell us the match, talk some smack, but at the end of the day just play the match. No ludicrous rule demands, no calling your oponent a cheat.

Then maybe I will pay to watch and or gamble on their match.