Ultimate Grudge Match: Efren Reyes vs. Jose Parica

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ray (Bigtruck) Hansen with PoolActionTV.com may have the "Grudge Match" trademark in his pocket but I was thinking about what would be the ultimate all around matchup.

What I have come up with is Reyes vs. Parica playing 9-Ball, One-Pocket, and Rotation. I've always sort of got the feeling that Jose has always felt slighted by all the attention Efren has gotten over the years. I think Jose feels he's truly the greatest Filipino player of his generation.

Efren is loved by all and many consider him to be the greatest pool player to have ever played. But has he ever really beaten Jose convincingly???

It's obvious these two are both great champions and it would be interesting to see them face off in all around. Time is ticking on this matchup though. In recent years it seems Jose's game has slid a bit more than Efren's and I believe Jose is a couple of years older. They both still play at a high level and I know I would still pay to see this matchup.

It almost feels like this match needs to happen.

How about a TAR matchup for the ages?
 
Ray (Bigtruck) Hansen with PoolActionTV.com may have the "Grudge Match" trademark in his pocket but I was thinking about what would be the ultimate all around matchup.

What I have come up with is Reyes vs. Parica playing 9-Ball, One-Pocket, and Rotation. I've always sort of got the feeling that Jose has always felt slighted by all the attention Efren has gotten over the years. I think Jose feels he's truly the greatest Filipino player of his generation.

Efren is loved by all and many consider him to be the greatest pool player to have ever played. But has he ever really beaten Jose convincingly???

It's obvious these two are both great champions and it would be interesting to see them face off in all around. Time is ticking on this matchup though. In recent years it seems Jose's game has slid a bit more than Efren's and I believe Jose is a couple of years older. They both still play at a high level and I know I would still pay to see this matchup.

It almost feels like this match needs to happen.

How about a TAR matchup for the ages?

In there prime it would of been good but parica can't win now.
 
invalid

Like a prior poster says, I think it wouldn't really be a valid test now, they have both aged and their respective abilities have eroded somewhat...

Seems they have matched up before in money matches, and didn't someone say Jose got the better of it? (maybe it was Jose, lol)

Not sure of tournament match-ups, but seems Efren might have the better record there...
 
Back
Top