Unknown cue - ID help?

jeremy8000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This cue is one purchased by a friend about 30 years ago, to his recollection. There are no identifying brand marks, so I'm seeking any assistance in determining who might have crafted it.

I am no expert in woods, but it appears that the two principally used are birdseye maple and cocobolo, though I'm certain that the lighter wood in the butt sleeve isn't something different.

The one component that I'm hoping someone might recognize as unique to a craftshop (or at least to narrow it down) is the joint pin, which comes to a point rather than being rounded.

Even if there is no light to be shed, I still thought it worthwhile to share as it's a gorgeous cue and in nearly perfect condition after 30(ish) years (though the past 20 it's been stored dormant in its case).

0REnd9.jpg

CZ8IjE.jpg

LfEwdL.jpg

I've never seen this type of joint pin used before, hoping someone might recognize it?

NskABY.jpg

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Adam A/H 26 "Monte Carlo" from the mid 1970's with rosewood points. These were production cues from Japan, well regarded. This is an example of their early joint screw. You can google it and find Blue Book values. They had a lion decal loco e buttcap which was probably sanded off in a refinish.

Last edited:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I have a shaft with the same collar...not sure about the maker.

I had a cue almost as fancy and very similar inlays....
...it had Steve Mizerak's name on it.
Steve said it was made by Adam.

Just saw the post by Tate....thanx, Chris

jeremy8000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Adam A/H 26 "Monte Carlo" from the mid 1970's with rosewood points. These were production cues from Japan, well regarded. This is an example of their early joint screw. You can google it and find Blue Book values. They had a lion decal loco e buttcap which was probably sanded off in a refinish.

Thanks Tate!

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
These were, in my experience at least, very good hitting cues. I agree, it's an Adam.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Interesting - it's clearly the same basic model, but the joint pin on that one looks much more rounded and the joint collar appears substantially narrower.
$_57.JPG
PmpIAn.jpg

Adam switched to the rounded pin in the mid 1970's. The sharp pin in fact makes the early cues a little easier to ID.