Unknown German Cue with over 20,000 pieces of inlay

poolcrazy

Huebler Collector
Silver Member
Here is a Old German cue I bought while living in Germany, it came from Berlin, Maker Unknown. I measured the inlay work counted the pieces in 1 inch after adding it up it totaled up over 20,000 pieces, the cue weighs about 23 oz. its 54 inches long. The cue is a masterpiece. I was able to trace the time period down to being built between 1900 and 1906. There is a DGRM number on the stopper. Its hard to believe the cue survived
not one but two World Wars. I found this cue on German Ebay in 2002. I had a few cue builders look at it, and they were shocked at the work that was put into the cue. Enjoy everyone.

Attachments

• IM000150.JPG
    IM000150.JPG
    53 KB · Views: 1,173
  • IM000151.JPG
    IM000151.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,101
  • IM000152.JPG
    IM000152.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 1,116
  • IMG_0383.jpg
    IMG_0383.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 507
  • IMG_0391.JPG
    IMG_0391.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 587
Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
That's what I call a wood pin.
The cue is too much, really a rare piece or art.
I wouldn't break with it, but it might be a good cue to play with.

Not that I am a cue junkie, but do you have more pics.

Thanks for posting

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
This is the first cue I have seen with mosaic style inlays. Really cool, and in the shaft no less.

It's a shame this guy is probably deceasd, he would be an interesting interview.

JV

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
Please post more pics, please...especially from a friend that dabbles in photography as this deserves an expert's touch in lighting & filters.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's what I call a wood pin.
The cue is too much, really a rare piece or art.
I wouldn't break with it, but it might be a good cue to play with.

Not that I am a cue junkie, but do you have more pics.

Thanks for posting

Ted-It's an early Lucasi. Made by Fritz Chu Ling.

poolcrazy

Huebler Collector
Silver Member
worth

I was offered alot for it but, my guess would be what ever someones willing to pay for it.
I have been offered about .80 cents per inlay but I said not interested
For me its was like finding a piece of lost gold. I have about 150 dollars in it, yes your reading right. I bought it off of German ebay as well as other older cues. That was when if you knew what you were looking for you could get it for a steal. I will be posting some others that I found as well but nothing like this one.

Last edited: