US Amateur

danomano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last year I remember reading a post where someone said they wanted to lay odds that this relative no-name Ernesto Bayaua would finish top 4 in the US Amateu. As a result, I knew when I got down there that this was one of the players to watch, and he ended up winning it all

So - with the 2012 edition coming up in a few weeks. Who does everyone expect or hope to see win?

Full participants list can be found here: http://www.usamateurchampionship.com/qualifiers.html

Aaron_S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to see my buddy Richard Andrews from Alabama do well this year. He was the runner up several years ago, and is a dangerous man when he gets it going.

Best of luck, Richard, and I look forward to running into you again in the future.

Aaron

danomano

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to see myself do well this time around after sucking it up last year in my first attempt. Been playing more big tournaments (including the recent Johnny Archer Classic) to get used to the pressure.

Just from my area, I was really impressed with Jeff Blattel whom I had not seen play before the qualifier. He was the one of only 2-3 qualifiers in the tournament to not seem to be particularly challenged in any match, and he beat some very good players along the way. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Jefferson Taylor, Harry Perrine or Aaron Frady (from my qualifier) do well.

Matt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If someone from my area is going to win it, the favorite would definitely be Mike Fuller. I've never been to one before, so I'm not sure how he stacks up against the participants from other areas.

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
I guess this is typical but there are a lot of previous winners in this years event. Raymond Linares, Brian Parks, Henry Brodt, Robert Hall, David Rowell and obviously Ernesto. That doesnt even count the guys who have placed so lots of opportunities. Our group from central Texas all play really strong but most of us are first timers so we might need some rolls to stay on the winners side. I had some buddys that went down to Houston and they said Brent Thomas was a guy to watch out for. Good luck to everyone from Texas. Hope we all catch a gear and are still playing on Sunday.

ULTIMATE-BILL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pat Santoro from Ga. is my winning pick. Very intense. With all the right tools to make it happen.

Good Luck from Bill & the guys at Ultimate

Richard Kapela

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pat Santoro from GA has a good chance, especially in 9-ball. Pat, if you want to meet up and practice some, PM me; I'd enjoy playing you again.

gunzby

My light saber is LD
Silver Member
If someone from my area is going to win it, the favorite would definitely be Mike Fuller. I've never been to one before, so I'm not sure how he stacks up against the participants from other areas.

Mike could definitely make it deep. I would put him in the top ten.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last year I remember reading a post where someone said they wanted to lay odds that this relative no-name Ernesto Bayaua would finish top 4 in the US Amateu. As a result, I knew when I got down there that this was one of the players to watch, and he ended up winning it all

So - with the 2012 edition coming up in a few weeks. Who does everyone expect or hope to see win?

Full participants list can be found here: http://www.usamateurchampionship.com/qualifiers.html

I was the guy trying to get that bet. Hes from where I live, we play out of the same room. I knew he had a great shot. :)

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hes a beast. And I would not hesitate to say the best player in the field. He would definitely be a favorite, even in the short races to 7

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess this is typical but there are a lot of previous winners in this years event. Raymond Linares, Brian Parks, Henry Brodt, Robert Hall, David Rowell and obviously Ernesto. That doesnt even count the guys who have placed so lots of opportunities. Our group from central Texas all play really strong but most of us are first timers so we might need some rolls to stay on the winners side. I had some buddys that went down to Houston and they said Brent Thomas was a guy to watch out for. Good luck to everyone from Texas. Hope we all catch a gear and are still playing on Sunday.

I hoghly doubt that he can win. LMAO. Thats me, I work way too many hours to have a chance. Just wanted to qualify because I played at Strokers for 12 years straight on a regular basis when living in Clearwater.

But appreciate the confidence.

Gsitz89

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hoghly doubt that he can win. LMAO. Thats me, I work way too many hours to have a chance. Just wanted to qualify because I played at Strokers for 12 years straight on a regular basis when living in Clearwater.

But appreciate the confidence.

Brent you will prob snap it off even without playing your a champion...

jamesroberts

"Unheralded Amateur"
Silver Member
I looked at the list and I saw a lot of familiar names, a lot of people that play really good!
Im not trying to be funny or anything or ruffle any feathers but why would someone that plays a "pro" speed want to play in a event that doesnt pay anything? Is it just for a title ?