US Open 9-Ball, 2023, Atlantic City, Sep 25-30

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aleska makes his first mistake and gets bad position, leading to a missed bank instead of a straight in shot. 5-3.

VVP

Registered
The 8 100% moved. Someone on FB had a slow motion of it. It was very clear.
Actually, slow motion DOES NOT show ball movement for a close hit. In another match, the same referee called a similar close hit and the replay in slow motion couldn't detect any movement. He then asked for replay in real-time and the movement was clear. The commentators confirmed that you cannot detect such close hit in slow motion. I am sure others here will recall the match.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Link? I just checked the overhead shot on VLC and the cue ball visibly cleared the 8.
I doubt I could find it now, but 100% it moved a significant amount. It was burried in a shit show of a fb post with hundreds of comments. After seeing that slow motion, it looked to me like the 8 was leaning against the other ball, and when the other ball was hit, the 8 rolled forward.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I doubt I could find it now, but 100% it moved a significant amount. It was burried in a shit show of a fb post with hundreds of comments. After seeing that slow motion, it looked to me like the 8 was leaning against the other ball, and when the other ball was hit, the 8 rolled forward.
Exactly what happened

Digging for the link is pointless. There will be just some other fabrication to discredit the proof that doesn't follow the 'bad ref' narrative

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aleksa is breaking with the CB about a hand span inside of the break box boundary. I don't believe I saw anyone else break this way on the stream tables.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just about to suggest that. A bad hit was not even possible as struck. Regardless, frame by frame reveals no movement. The only detectable motion is a nearly imaginary jitter toward the space vacated by the six.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it'll make you feel any better (or worse), the U. S. Ryder Cup team got shut out yesterday. :(
Yep. The Euros came out on FIRE. Birdies/eagles from everywhere. Its not like we dogged it the other side just lit it up.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not watching but has anyone in the booth made a snooker comparison yet? Seems like MR talking heads do it at least once a match. Hey Emily, this is NINE-BALL. Couldn't care less about snoooooooooker.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Aleksa is breaking with the CB about a hand span inside of the break box boundary. I don't believe I saw anyone else break this way on the stream tables.
Raga was breaking from just off center table. Of course we know how well that worked out.

Vast majority are either breaking from the corner or from about 5" in from it. Closer to the center seemed more predominant

VVP

Registered
Actually, slow motion DOES NOT show ball movement for a close hit. In another match, the same referee called a similar close hit and the replay in slow motion couldn't detect any movement. He then asked for replay in real-time and the movement was clear. The commentators confirmed that you cannot detect such close hit in slow motion. I am sure others here will recall the match.
Here is the link to what I posted above. I hope it works. Matchroom posted the clip on Facebook.

05 | Eagle Eyes from Marcel Eckardt 👀 🥕 #WorldCupofPool | By ...
Facebook · Matchroom Pool
Jun 15, 2022