US Open 9-ball updates thread..

middleofnowhere

Registered
Seeding made for British TV viewing.

Fisher just beat Tkach like 10-1 in the WPBA finals on Sunday.
True but Tkach was in the final so she can play. It will still be fun to watch. She doesn't miss much and she plays good safe. However, we're talking Fisher and I think that we know how that match is probably going to go.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
True but Tkach was in the final so she can play. It will still be fun to watch. She doesn't miss much and she plays good safe. However, we're talking Fisher and I think that we know how that match is probably going to go.
Hope the shot clock doesn't get Tkach, she has the slowest and steadiest practice strokes I've ever seen...and like you said, already has her hands full!

weakfingers

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Omar now down 8-4.
Edit: Suad Kantarevic wins 9-6. I’m not very surprised, Suad plays out of a pool room in the Greater Boston area (Malden) and he is in tremendous form right now. Recently took down the finale of the tour, 10 ball call shot call safe.

Positively Ralf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You could clearly tell that Saud Kanterevic started to feel a bit of the jitters knowing he was about to down the world number 12 player. Great win and definitely a confidence booster.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those saying Boyes withdrew, he was never in in the first place. He's said many times that he can't be bothered to play any more.
I like Boyes, I met him at Derby in 07. He’s one hell of a guy, fun times at tourneys for years. Miss seeing him around. Then again I haven’t been around lol.

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
Edit: Suad Kantarevic wins 9-6. I’m not very surprised, Suad plays out of a pool room in the Greater Boston area (Malden) and he is in tremendous form right now. Recently took down the finale of the tour, 10 ball call shot call safe.
Hadn't heard of him - but he played very well - it was impressive for sure.

prad

Flip the coin
Silver Member
Gotta be...either that or Ruslan played the worst pool of his life AND Chad got the luckiest rolls of all time.
Ruslan's match is updated to FF now, which makes more sense
1631639502647.png

hotelyorba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
and both matches now ended at a 9-3 scoreline. Teutscher started playing more like his speed towards the end, Pia had some unfortunate scratches but even without those she was outclassed.