US Open hard to watch

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you have a professional pool player shooting a ball out of order because of poor color choices you have a problem, it sure would be nice if Matchroom understood this.
Everyone has done it. The balls won't be normal, until they are. They pay enough, people will learn quick. Also, I hate them.

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I could actually see the reason for making the four ball pink. It does stand out a lot more than purple. But what the hell is it with a purple five ball when orange is one of the easiest colors to see. Why the hell do you think Home Depot has their employees wear orange. So that you can find them although I admit that's often hit or miss.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll throw my 2 cents in and then wait to be murdered. I can barely stand to watch what the game has become. I can only watch certain players. Cookie cutter robots. Everybody with their stupid pre shot routines, walking totally around the table checking a line on every single shot no matter how simple the shot or position. You know where your rock needs to be.......SHOOT THE D***N BALL! Stroking their cue in the air 50x, step into the shot, all looking like snooker players.
It's f****** brutal. No style, flair, individuality. Used to have Keith smoking and sipping a beer. Now we get sissy tight pants and guys sipping on fruit smoothies wearing shirts that look like a NASCAR hood. Folks really think this is better or great? I'm 50 years old now. For 30 of it I've been hearing about this or that to make pool big time. Not going to happen. It's a niche activity. So be it. I love pool and this crap is painful to watch. Tighter pockets doesn't make things better. Not snooker, not meant to be. The cloth is to fast and the balls to reactive. You can fart and send whitey 3 rails. Used to need a stroke to play. AND THE 5 BALL IS ORANGE!!!
Shirts that "look like a NASCAR hood" is where I lost control of myself! lol

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I'm not so sure Matchroom is the crusading savior of pool that Emily says it is. That said, in an interview, she essentially said the colors won't change, so those who don't like it should move on.

"Captain Bly" nailed it earlier: "Matchroom doesn't care what we think. They don't care about the current fans at all. They just assume we will always be there to support them because we love the game. Queen Emily only cares about bringing in new viewers and sponsors. Everything they do is to attract NEW viewers not to please current viewers. Their whole mindset is to create a tv sport. She couldn't care less what the tradition is or what people like Jay who have been influential in the game for a long time think. She knows best."

Think I'll take "Queen Emily's" advice...should be some good college football on TV tomorrow and Saturday. I can always find out who won the open after it's over. Good luck to those who remain...

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you have a professional pool player shooting a ball out of order because of poor color choices you have a problem, it sure would be nice if Matchroom understood this.
Once again, blame someone else for your (anyone's) mistake. If you knew you were going to be playing a tournament with the black set, dont you think it would be prudent to go buy a set and practice with them?

TrxR

Once again, blame someone else for your (anyone's) mistake. If you knew you were going to be playing a tournament with the black set, dont you think it would be prudent to go buy a set and practice with them?
Your right . It wasn't the first game he played with them. None of the other players seemed to be having a problem and their is a big number on them as well.

mista335

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your right . It wasn't the first game he played with them. None of the other players seemed to be having a problem and their is a big number on them as well.
They been been using these balls for 2 years now.

Somebody suddenly just noticed and now they are trying to make a big deal out of it.

Emily Fraser said: "IT"S HERE TO STAY. WE'RE NOT CHANGING ANYTHING".

The message is clear whether you like it or not.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
All comes down to today!

10am EDT

FSR (biggest mover this year)

vs

The Black Tiger (defending champion)

11am EDT

Young Hannibal Lechner (should really use my nickname for him)

vs

Little Ko (who’s trying to get more American titles than Big Ko)

Who do you have? I want Biado to repeat, but FSR has been one of the favorites from Day 1. This would cap off an amazing tournament year. All four players are really likable. Great day ahead for sure!!!

Yes, shot clock. Who knows what the seating will be like? It’s a free for all, but expect more structure today. Maybe a few of us AZers will get some camera love.

Freddie <~~~ hoping it isn’t the Kiss Cam

Mich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buddy played slow-as-shit and nobody squealed. Is there some rule that everyone has to play 9b at warp-speed??? go play for this kind of money/prestige and see if you don't slow down. If you don't choke up a furball first. ;)
Buddy and Nick were deliberate, and their pace was fine. Actually it was the fast players who we’re guaranteed to make a few careless shots in every match.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
F**k tradition.

If events continue to be added to the calendar, and the sport gains more exposure, then they can make the 5 ball whatever color they want.
Yes they can, it’s their $ so it’s their show.

Doesn’t make it the best decision.

As far as tradition goes, ok f*ck it, I can handle that as well.

However to make the 5 purple when the 4 IS purple for over 100 years was a MISTAKE period no matter what the circumstances or ownership is or who the shot caller is.

Best
Fatboy 😃🧡