User emailing me for a cue ID

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Anyone have any ideas what this user has here?

Mike

image0.jpeg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
taiwan import. possibly an ADAM but i'm leaning towards lower-end import. cues like this sold for around 60-70bux new.

Last edited:

PDX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brunswick had some cues in the 70’s with those points. I’m going to say Taiwan too, though I’ve never seen a wrapless cue with points like that from the 70’s. It’s possible the cue was restored and had a nice handle installed at that time.

Mickey_T

Thank you for the info. I know it was bought about 50 years ago at a billiard supply store in Allentown Pa The woman that purchased it new played with it all these years until recently I personally believe it’s either a Adams or Brunswick I’ll try to find some older catalogs from both to try and find it. Thank you to all and I’ll update once I find more info on it

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you for the info. I know it was bought about 50 years ago at a billiard supply store in Allentown Pa The woman that purchased it new played with it all these years until recently I personally believe it’s either a Adams or Brunswick I’ll try to find some older catalogs from both to try and find it. Thank you to all and I’ll update once I find more info on it
ADAM would have had the logo on the buttcap. Probably same for a Brunswick. Either way it was made in Asia and far more likely Taiwan than anyplace else. KaoKao(still in business) started making a lot of cues like this in late 60's-70's.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It may be a lower end build, but for me, I like that look a lot. And the case as well. The inlays are a bit haphazard but at least the wood looks like proper quality wood. I bet if a pawnshop got a hold of it, they would try to sell the package in the $500 range. I'm sure it's worth much less but I can see them pricing it like that based on the "vintage rare cue" status hehe.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It may be a lower end build, but for me, I like that look a lot. And the case as well. The inlays are a bit haphazard but at least the wood looks like proper quality wood. I bet if a pawnshop got a hold of it, they would try to sell the package in the $500 range. I'm sure it's worth much less but I can see them pricing it like that based on the "vintage rare cue" status hehe.
I hit pawn's a lot. Most ps's are pretty hip to cues these days. This wouldn't go for anything near 500bux. MAYBE 150 for both would be my guess. Just 'cause its old doesn't mean a lot.