USPS is close to being a third world delivery service now

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Let's not mince words.
The USPS totally sucks right now .
Got one package in limbo for a week now.
Got a 2-day express package in limbo as well.

Last edited:

Scratchy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have one, Mich to Ohio, sent Priority, in transit since end of Jan. Lost, presumably.
Nice piece of Masur Birch. Shameful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Have one, Mich to Ohio, sent Priority, in transit since end of Jan. Lost, presumably.
Nice piece of Masur Birch. Shameful.

Indeed. 😕👍

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are fucked. I ordered some 2020 EVOO from an olive grower in Paso Robles on the 23rd. It was supposed to be 2 day delivery. Has not arrived yet. There useless tracking system said it was in Santa Barbara for 5 or six days then POOF. Nothing for a few days then suddenly it is in N.C.

Two days ago the shipper apologized and shipped out three more bottles using UPS and told me they would never ship with USPS again. Myself and many others are still waiting on our packages. They also told me to refuse delivery if it ever shows up. Now USPS says it will arrive later than expected someday. In the meantime UPS will deliver mine on Friday. USPS is toast but they are real good at delivering all my junk mail...

Here's an update. We were planning on refusing the delivery due to it being very late and the shipper instructing us to do so.

The USPS truck backs down our driveway, my wife walks out on tbe porch as the postal person tosses the box from his truck onto our porch. He never got out of his truck. My wife starts waving her arms to get his attention. He does not even look at her looks straight forward and drives ogf6. He was only 15 feet from her with his window down she is calling out to him and waving her arms. He just ignored her. The shipment is about two weeks overdue, the box marked fragile is ripped open and was tossed out the window of the truck. I get home and she is very upset naturally. So I take the box to the local post office and bring it to the women at the desk. I tell her we are refusing delivery and she gets an attitude instantly. Asking why I would refuse delivery. So I let her have all the things they did and did not do. She hands me a pen and instructs me to write refused delivery and initial it. I was happy to do so. End of story. The USPS is the last delivery service I would recommend at this time...

Last edited:

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
I had a couple of things delayed back in November or so, but it has been working great for me lately. Last package I sent priority mail was delivered the very next day.
Their "Informed Delivery" service is great, I get tracking notices for anything I want, either going out or coming in. You also get a picture of every piece of mail that is delivered.

mhilton777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got a shipment notification for an order on October 26th going from Denton, TX and coming to me in Minnesota. It arrived on Monday, March 1st!!! 4 months exactly to get here!

CLAUD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If it won't fit in an envelope, I always use UPS. Never had an issue.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Right now USPS priority mail on the small flat rate boxes is getting back up to speed. Back in December they could take up to two weeks for what would normally be two to three days. The large priority boxes can still be slow like a cue goes in. Once you get up to a few pounds like a cue package UPS is only maybe 1.5 times the cost of post office and more dependable. if you use their ground service.

Master of None

Paul Allers Cues
I've used USPS to ship shafts without a problem, yet, but a priority package from CueStix (Colorado) to NW Washington went to nobody could tell me, found in Chicago, back to Denver, then Montana, San Diego, then appeared on my porch 2 months later. Customers weren't too happy.

JC

Coos Cues
I sent a cue to Ohio Monday UPS because I didn't trust the postal service. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday but today I got a notice that they charged me another 15 bucks for some kind of a re packaging. This thing was packaged very well no chance it would come open accidentally. So it's rescheduled for delivery Monday and I'm expecting the worst. My gut tells me the cue was stolen by a UPS employee.

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Dem Utopia is working well. 3rd world is probably an upgrade for the USPS right now. Stuff is taking an extraordinary long time to arrive from the USA. Maybe it is coming from boat, even the stuff in mainland USA is going by boats.

Scratchy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hallelujah! I used their customer service ‘Find My Package’ - and it actually paid off, they found and my Jan 29 package arrived Mar 11.

Amazing. Sometimes things actually work out!

JC

Coos Cues
I sent a cue to Ohio Monday UPS because I didn't trust the postal service. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday but today I got a notice that they charged me another 15 bucks for some kind of a re packaging. This thing was packaged very well no chance it would come open accidentally. So it's rescheduled for delivery Monday and I'm expecting the worst. My gut tells me the cue was stolen by a UPS employee.
My cue arrived ok but with the box was opened up. No chance in it was by accident because I tape the hell out of them.

The kicker is UPS upcharged me 15 bucks to put some tape back on it where someone who works for them opened the box after it left my custody.

But not quite third world since they didn't steal the cue.

sgonzalez34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’ve had so many issues with USPS that I have stopped shipping with them. Only time I deal with them now is when someone ships to me and I have no choice on the matter. I will pay double with UPS or FedEx, but my shipments usually arrive on time (give or take a day) and the tracking is useful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JC

Coos Cues
After UPS destroyed the packaging on my last cue I decided to take a chance on postal service. Probably a bad idea.

It says "tracking plus" is available and they want $2.10 for 6 months of it. Does anyone know if this feature is useful?

Sent this cue one week ago 2 day priority

Track.JPG

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
After UPS destroyed the packaging on my last cue I decided to take a chance on postal service. Probably a bad idea.

It says "tracking plus" is available and they want $2.10 for 6 months of it. Does anyone know if this feature is useful?

Sent this cue one week ago 2 day priority

View attachment 591316
You don't want that. All it does is extend the time that the tracking numbers will work via their tracking page. (they eventually expire)

Reactions: JC

JC

Coos Cues
You don't want that. All it does is extend the time that the tracking numbers will work via their tracking page. (they eventually expire)
It looked like that's what it did but thought I must be missing something because of the uselessness of it. The damned thing isn't there in a trimester and I want to see the same message as today? Really?

Leave it to the government to think of useless things. At least they are trying to trick me into paying for it this time instead of just using my grand kids tax money. :LOL: