Vacuum for pool table?

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Howdy All;

About 15 years ago I was a team in APA league. Nice little bar in Southern Ohio
and they used one of the Royal Dirt Devils. Worked great.

1629133285365.png

hank

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone recommend a brushless vacuum for a pool table? I have heard, and agree, that you shouldn't use a cleaner with a brush so as not to ruin e felt.

But I am thinking the little brushless ones like the dirtdevil would take a long time due to the small size of the suction area.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
I've used a 1 HP ShopVac for over twenty years. Has a brush but the bristles don't move. Also have used an upholstery brush from time to time.

Logandgriff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I use one of the Simonis gizmos that seems to employ static and a Dirt Devil occasionally. Never had a problem on SImonis cloth.

Riley Pitchford

I have 860 on my Gold Crown and I use a Kirby vacuum with a rotary brush. Then once a week I fill a 5 gal. bucket 1/2 full with warm water and add 1/2 cup of Woolite then take a damp white towel and wipe down the bed and rails and let it dry. You will be supprized how much dirt comes up. After 8 years the cloth looks and plays like new.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have 860 on my Gold Crown and I use a Kirby vacuum with a rotary brush. Then once a week I fill a 5 gal. bucket 1/2 full with warm water and add 1/2 cup of Woolite then take a damp white towel and wipe down the bed and rails and let it dry. You will be supprized how much dirt comes up. After 8 years the cloth looks and plays like new.
Interesting...anyone else have success with this???

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can anyone recommend a brushless vacuum for a pool table? I have heard, and agree, that you shouldn't use a cleaner with a brush so as not to ruin e felt.

But I am thinking the little brushless ones like the dirtdevil would take a long time due to the small size of the suction area.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
2-1/2 or 3 horsepower smaller size but still hand carried shop vac with a 10-inch white horsehair brush you can purchase on Amazon. I can do the 10 tables in our poolroom in 20-25 minutes.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Make sure that what ever you purchase, it has Enough Suction to eliminate the buildup of chalk dust between the fabric and the slate.
Having cleaned tables for many yrs, here's the one I just got for my home table, and it's a good one, under $200 last year/new.
Orek BB1200B Type 4.
What you'll find with this unit, is if your cloth was not pulled tight enough when installed, it will actually lift the rag allot.
That's the suction you want.

jjspelman

This is the one I ended up getting. Does a so-so job. I brush first, then vacuum, then brush again.

Attachments

• vacuum.jpg
    vacuum.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 65

kitsap

Registered
Whatever unit you get, make sure you keep the brush clean. Wash the brush with Dawn dish detergent and warm water. Dry thoroughly before use. Do not use the brush for anything except your pool table!

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
i used the smallest shop vac for a long time. works well and is small and stays under the table

but lately i just use my robot vacumn and put it on the table for about ten minutes. it works wonderfully.

HomeBrewer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At first I modified a 'Shark' vacuum so it didn't have anything rotating.

Now I just throw my Roomba on there.

I have found on our tables to just wipe them down with a damp cloth, that gets dirt and chalk up, and then also from time to time I used a tape roller like people use who have pets. That gets up hairs and lint, etc and it's fast and easy. Keeps our tables playing smooth and fast, hope that helps.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Always ''wetrag'' your table after vacuuming NON LINT COTTON CLOTH, and don't forget the rail nose. Then wipe the pocket interiors then the top rails and your ready to roll.

Last edited:

zencues.com

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

I use this one once or twice a week on 10 tables. No dust at all and works great. Adjustable cleaner head brush... or find/buy one without out brushes that fit it's hose.