Very interesting ...

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
LMAO ... this is the same cue I play with. I had to do some taper work to the shafts, and change the tips ... but it plays great.

Same cue ... but .... umm ... I paid 79 dollars for it new ... with two shafts and joint protectors and free shipping.

Who knew it would appreciate in value that much?

Since I'm such a nice guy, I'll sell mine with 3 shafts for 1000 bucks.. :grin:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MR-Stunning...355668?hash=item2104f91d94:g:NscAAOSwYHxWNl22

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Deal!!

LMAO ... this is the same cue I play with. I had to do some taper work to the shafts, and change the tips ... but it plays great.

Same cue ... but .... umm ... I paid 79 dollars for it new ... with two shafts and joint protectors and free shipping.

Who knew it would appreciate in value that much?

Since I'm such a nice guy, I'll sell mine with 3 shafts for 1000 bucks.. :grin:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MR-Stunning...355668?hash=item2104f91d94:g:NscAAOSwYHxWNl22

Are you sure yours is as nice?

Is the wrap coming undone at the bottom like the one listed?

Did yours claim to have points that did not exist?

Are the threads as chewed up at the bottom of the Shaft?

Up the price to $1500.00

WHAT A BARGAIN.

All kidding aside, WTF? Good eye and a great place to point it out.

AZBILLIARDS is a great place.

ivicafranic

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I recognize this brand and am familiar with it too:eek::eek::eek:
The cue maker is Mr Abe Curious from Rosemary Window,Tx

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was a local cuemaker that took a cheap cue, and replaced the tip, ferrelle and retapered shaft and worked on the joint.

He made it a great playing cue, and used the experience as a learning experience for his cues.

It certainly opened my eyes.

Ken

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
There was a local cuemaker that took a cheap cue, and replaced the tip, ferrelle and retapered shaft and worked on the joint.

He made it a great playing cue, and used the experience as a learning experience for his cues.

It certainly opened my eyes.

Ken

Absolutely! I've been playing and loving this game for 55 years. Owned a room, and must have shot with 100 different cues. The patrons all wanted me to try their "new cues".

I always say, cue collecting for the skill, craftsmanship, meticulous attention to detail, and the sheer beauty of the work are all wonderful if you are in to that and can afford it.

But ... tip, taper, balance, and weight are pretty much all you need to get a very playable cue. All of which are subjective to begin with, and can be done easily found or adjusted with a cue in the 150 to 200 dollar range. Which this cue is one of.

The original guy who sold these southwest knock offs (here) still has two styles available. If you scroll through his stuff you'll see the two I'm speaking of.

I'm not crazy about either of them, but I bought a half dozen styles back when he had some good looking options just for the extra shafts. I mean shoot .. the whole cue with two shafts were 80 bucks delivered.

I posted a photo of a few of the ones I got a while ago .. but here they are again.

I brought the taper back to a pro taper about 20 inches, put triangle tips on the shafts, changed the weight bolts to get 19.25 and now I have a ton of extra shafts. LOL .... I'm a cheapo. :grin-square:

Attachments

• 4cues800.jpg
    4cues800.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:indecisive:

Actually the seller probably doesn't have anymore in stock so he

raised the price so high that no one would buy anymore.

I have done this more than once.

But it did bring a lot more people to view his other items for sale.

Good idea since Ebay is half dead for people looking to buy.:thumbup: