Video - Tabb & Rees vs Wych & Richardson - Referee: Bustamante

Jim Wych is actually a pro level player. He played snooker on the main tour in england for 17 years. I doubt he was putting a lot of effort into this.
 
Jim is a very good player I have seen him play many times. He took Efren reyes to the hill and had a shot on the 9 and missed it. Just alittle indication of how well Jim can play :wink:

I was a bit surprised about Nigel Rees's game though. He looked pretty solid :D
 
Tabb has played very little pool. I saw an interview with her with Inside pool magazine that she only ever played 8 ball, and not much of it. You don't need to be able to play good 9 ball or billiards to be able to be the best referee in the world. I bet her 9 ball game knowledge is pretty good though,patterns, position plays, safeties etc... She watchs all the best players play more than anyone and is focused while watching them till the match is over. She aint eating popcorn, drinking a beer or chatting with someone else, shes watching that match to the bitter end until that last 9 sinks into the hole. So I wouldn't be surprised if she knew a thing about 9 ball.

When it comes to actually delivering the cue straightly and speed of the cueball that's a whole different story LOL.
 
Last edited:
Gatz said:
Tabb has played very little pool. I saw an interview with her with Inside pool magazine that she only ever played 8 ball, and not much of it. You don't need to be able to play good 9 ball or billiards to be able to be the best referee in the world.

I fully agree.

However, I never intended to imply that her skill level had any bearing on her ability to referee. All I said said was that I found it surprising. Being around the table that often, I assumed that she'd have hit a few balls. I guess I was wrong. :)

(not meant to sound defensive or rude, so my apologies if I just came across as such)
 
I like busta as the referee though he is a funny dude :thumbup:
 
I fully agree. He made a few funny comments.

This is a slight tangent, but I really wish there were more movies/matches where the players personalities came through. I really think a "behind the scenes" sort of thing would be great. I'd enjoy watching that as much as the actual matches.
 
nathandumoulin said:
I fully agree. He made a few funny comments.

This is a slight tangent, but I really wish there were more movies/matches where the players personalities came through. I really think a "behind the scenes" sort of thing would be great. I'd enjoy watching that as much as the actual matches.

I agree :thumbup: . I was laughing during this whole match. Especially Busta's comments. I was kinda bummed that it was only a race to 2 :(. I wanted to see more!
 
Given that all the hot shots on this board play with a suitcase full of equipment, only one cue per team must be recognized as a real handicap and a great impediment to demonstrating true ability:grin: :grin: :grin:
 
Gatz said:
Tabb has played very little pool. I saw an interview with her with Inside pool magazine that she only ever played 8 ball, and not much of it. You don't need to be able to play good 9 ball or billiards to be able to be the best referee in the world. I bet her 9 ball game knowledge is pretty good though,patterns, position plays, safeties etc... She watchs all the best players play more than anyone and is focused while watching them till the match is over. She aint eating popcorn, drinking a beer or chatting with someone else, shes watching that match to the bitter end until that last 9 sinks into the hole. So I wouldn't be surprised if she knew a thing about 9 ball.

When it comes to actually delivering the cue straightly and speed of the cueball that's a whole different story LOL.

I thought I remembered reading that she was a top womens competitor in english eight ball before she became a ref. I guess not.

Oh well, it was a fun video, I wish there were more like these out there.
 
Back
Top