Visited elvicash's basement - ?Jungle Room?

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
I just had to report a GREAT afternoon of pool at the stunning poolroom of elvicash.

His table is a very nice GC (I'm assuming III); pockets are PERFECT for straight pool. He has a very nice stereo set up; ball polisher is superb. We had a great afternoon of pool, and I got to witness his high run of 37 (could have been more).

Unfortunately, I was VERY distressed to see his pool library...it's better than mine. I thought I had (or knew of) every book about pool. He had basically every book, even the ones that I have chosen not to buy, and had some I've not even heard of. Very, very impressive collection. I've got some work to do to catch up.

I also was fortunate to meet his lovely family, and his un-lovely pet (it's a rat....no, I'm not kidding....it's really a rat...well, it was friendly....but wait, it was a rat). I even got a free reflexology treatment out in the street on my way to the car from his sister-in-law (it felt pretty good).

All in all, just one of the best afternoons of pool ever (he found a major stroke flaw of mine, and correcting it is REALLY helping a lot). He did steal my black plastic cue extension though....you just can't trust some people....he'll probably try to claim I just forgot to take it with me.
 
Last edited:
WBM...I too have had the pleasure of spending some time at Elvicash's family domain, and yes, it IS a great place to play pool (Betmore's Basement is on my list for the next time I come to Indy!)! I'd like to think I'm partially responsible for that high run he put on you! :D Watch out...next time it might be FIVE racks! LOL

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
 
Williebetmore said:
I just had to report a GREAT afternoon of pool at the stunning poolroom of elvicash.

His table is a very nice GC (I'm assuming III); pockets are PERFECT for straight pool. He has a very nice stereo set up; ball polisher is superb. We had a great afternoon of pool, and I got to witness his high run of 37 (could have been more).

Unfortunately, I was VERY distressed to see his pool library...it's better than mine. I thought I had (or knew of) every book about pool. He had basically every book, even the ones that I have chosen not to buy, and had some I've not even heard of. Very, very impressive collection. I've got some work to do to catch up.

I also was fortunate to meet his lovely family, and his un-lovely pet (it's a rat....no, I'm not kidding....it's really a rat...well, it was friendly....but wait, it was a rat). I even got a free reflexology treatment out in the street on my way to the car from his sister-in-law (it felt pretty good).

All in all, just one of the best afternoons of pool ever (he found a major stroke flaw of mine, and correcting it is REALLY helping a lot). He did steal my black plastic cue extension though....you just can't trust some people....he'll probably try to claim I just forgot to take it with me.

Hey Scott - Elvicash was down here in December and took my straight pool pool class - since then he has been on a quest to run 41 ... 37 is damn close -

Glad to hear you had a great time WBM, Dana is a great guy and good player - one of these days you're going to start a thread on here talking about his first hundred - he is so dedicated to the game and to his improvement, that it would not surprise me at all.

Great shooting!
 
David...Yeah I knew that! He told me he was going to see you! What he had, BEFORE he got to you, was a repeatable setup and delivery process, which, of course, aided him immensely in assimilating the 14.1 info he got from you! So...we're both somewhat responsible! The REAL truth is that Dana did it himself, by applying what he learned from both of us! :D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
 
Scott Lee said:
So...we're both somewhat responsible! The REAL truth is that Dana did it himself, by applying what he learned from both of us! :D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Scott,
Nonsense......I take full credit for Dana's high run. I am such an obnoxious opponent, that he just can't stand not having a higher run each game than me. Plus I yell out advice to him at the end of each of his backstrokes....just trying to be helpful.
 
Scott Lee said:
The REAL truth is that Dana did it himself, by applying what he learned from both of us! :D

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Scott,
Just a note to mention that I got a good look at Dana's stroke before and after the "Scott Lee Makeover." There is no question that his stroke is much simpler and more consistent now; with no loss of power when required. Very nice stroke; it's obvious that he's a good student.
 
Back
Top