Vivian the criminal can't delete this thread.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Just an unasked for piece of advice to the original poster, it may be a very good idea to remove "the criminal" from the title and any other place that it may be.

If you prefer you can also add "alleged"....personally, I'd just remove it.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Would anyone really be surprised by this?

A little bit, or as little as can be expected these days. It's one thing to be A CRAPPY business person and have a tournament fall apart and stiff a bunch of good people, and that is really freaking horrible, but I can see it happening and from what I've read on here this isn't the first time. To go from that to straight up felony forgery seems a strectch.
To be accused by someone who is rightfully butt hurt they don't have their money back just makes it seem like BS. Because let's face it, if this really did happen this way the OP would be jizzing all over himself as he called his bank and her arse would be arrested. Instead we have a key board warrior.

If that was my money and I had the proof the OP claims all I would post would be her mug shot.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
You don't need a lawyer if a crime has been committed against you. Son of Sam's victims didn't need to get together to form a class action law suit.

Steve Dickey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FWIW, the bank is not going to have her arrested. Having been through this at least 6-8 times over 30 years with my business, I can tell you the banks don't give a shit about catching anyone. Their "investigation" is to find out if you (the OP) were complicit in the fraud.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Anyone including her can bet and post. A check for my entry was altered and cashed, endorsed the tornado open, for a small amount larger than the original. She was messaging me back and forth about other checks i wrote for qualifiers. When I noticed the fraud and asked about it I got no response. My reputation is solid hers is not. Have at it.

I don't know who you bank with, but I have 2 different banks, and I can say for sure if I had an altered check come through, neither one would have cashed it without contacting me first. And what do you mean it was for just a little more????

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Anyone including her can bet and post. A check for my entry was altered and cashed, endorsed the tornado open, for a small amount larger than the original. She was messaging me back and forth about other checks i wrote for qualifiers. When I noticed the fraud and asked about it I got no response. My reputation is solid hers is not. Have at it.

You better hope you don't fall flat on your face buddy, you pretty much made a case of slander for Viv to peruse a lawsuit against you personally, slander can be a *****!!

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is Viv still holding her Tornado Open down in Cancun this year? All the suckers can go through it all over again :killingme:

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can you explain what that means?

You turn a $10 check into a $100 check for example and then go cash it or deposit it. Bank fraud. People who do this a lot will often "wash" the checks to lighten up the original ink before working on it. I know this because a POS contractor tried to do this to my mom for a small job about 10 years ago. We fixed his ass good though :grin-devilish:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
You turn a $10 check into a $100 check for example and then go cash it or deposit it. Bank fraud. People who do this a lot will often "wash" the checks to lighten up the original ink before working on it. I know this because a POS contractor tried to do this to my mom for a small job about 10 years ago. We fixed his ass good though :grin-devilish:

The entry fee was $140.00....what do you turn that into?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
As far as I'm concerned the OP's story about an altered check for a small amount is really not the issue. That on the surface makes no sense. Typical bank and business scammers will add one number at the beginning of a check. For example changing a check for $285 into one for $2,285. That is a significant increase and if done well could be cashed. I had it done to me once by a new employee of mine. He worked for two weeks and got his first pay check, altered it in the amount of $1,000, cashed it and disappeared. I had to file an Affidavit of Forgery with my bank and make a police report to recover the money. It took about a week or so for the bank to put it back into my account.

To my knowledge the guy was never apprehended. It's not the kind of thing that the police will spend a lot of time on. They might put a warrant out under his name and wait until he gets arrested somewhere else to charge him.

What bothers me more though are reports that player entry fees have not been refunded so long after the event was canceled. That is out and out theft imo.

cuenut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Or $180.00 or $190.00 if you "close the 4" to make it a 9, or add a bottom loop to that closed loop 9 for an 8.

Hope it is not true. Still waiting for a pic of the check.

Popcorn is in the microwave!

jeephawk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Prove it, OP.

And what is your name, address and occupation? No idea whether your reputation is solid or not, but since you are (so far) defaming someone else and making it about relative strength of reputations on the internet have to pony up your identity as well. Otherwise, chickens__t nonsense.

Very disappointing.

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was told in Business Law or somewhere that the amount written in words is the legal amount and not the numbers,

A quick search proves this to be the case

https://www.thebalance.com/check-amounts-dont-match-315265

PS-That is why you put a 'line' in front of the written amount so nothing can be added after it's written unless bleached etc which really makes you a criminal.

PPS-My interpretation is that he made out the check for less the correct entry fee-and after several communications, she corrected it to the proper amount perhaps to include a late fee. Still not bright but.....

Last edited: